0.10.5 Patch Notes

"
Holy crap!

Craziness

Melee getting some serious love.

How does viper strike work with splash and multi? I hope it's super over powered.

It doesn't.

In the notes:
"
Viper Strike: Intentionally does not work with Melee Splash at the moment.
Last edited by Cyrage on Apr 4, 2013, 11:24:47 PM
Awesome , as always .

Was really excited about the melee support gems , gotta get Multistrike !
EDIT: guy above me answered first.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Apr 4, 2013, 11:29:02 PM
"
Defilade wrote:
"
"
Defilade wrote:
"Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion)."

I don't quite understand this. Isn't this how it has always worked? Like cyclone will roll a crit or not and if the intial crit roll happens everything cyclone hits will crit.

The way I understood it (using FP as an example, since well..I play as a Pulsar)

I cast into a pack of mobs and fail to reach the threshold that would be required to crit (and therefore freeze) at the first monster hit, meaning none of the following are frozen as it doesn't "reroll" the threshold for that particular cast.

edit: chris beat me to the punch.

Yeah, but isn't this how it works now? I just meant in my earlier question that this already seems to be implemented. I have 62 FP witch and as far as I can tell, the crit is rolled into all of the projectiles(I use GMP). So, I have never noticed some of the projectiles critting and others not. It always seemed like an all or nothing type of situation. If this isn't the case, well seems like a nerf to FP.

I believe you're misunderstanding the wording they're using. Using GMP isn't "repeats", they're all happening at the same time, this distinction is made purely for the new support melee skill.

My question is whether chain and fork fall under this new "repeats" category, it sounds like they do (but my guess is no), and if they do would that now extend to forked and chain arrows can't hit enemies that were hit by the original barrage of arrows (in the case of LMP or split), since they're now considered "repeats". Again, my guess is no since that would be a huge nerf, but it is rather unclear.
Last edited by habbey on Apr 4, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
If I use multi-strike with my doublestrike, is each hit a chance to proc the multi-strike or just the first one? Since a single doublestrike hits twice?
Multistrike being drop only is both good and bad:

Good: possibly not nerfed to the ground, since its drop only.

Bad: getting your hands on one will be a challenge since it's drop only. It's trade value will be absurdly high for a while...
"They say, 'Evil prevails when good men fail to act.' What they oughta say is, 'Evil prevails.'" , Lord of War
What color is the multistrike gem going to be? and how would it work with flicker strike?
Ageel-85 Max Range AoE Cyclone Duelist // 487665
FrenziedRengar-88 64k dps 911% ias Frenzy Ranger // 472040
Turtle Standard Shop // 556188

BUYING +1 FRENZY CHARGE CORRUPTED STUFF T-T
"
If I use multi-strike with my doublestrike, is each hit a chance to proc the multi-strike or just the first one? Since a single doublestrike hits twice?

I THINK multistrike repeats single target melee attacks, so it might double strike multiple times. Like.. double strike hits one target then it repeats on two other targets.
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.
"
Chris wrote:

The Silverbranch unique item has been changed so that it only grants +1 to bow skills. Old ones will not change unless you use a Divine Orb on them.

I don't like legacy items. This seems like a bad precedent.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Last edited by Arrogant on Apr 4, 2013, 11:47:17 PM
Why are the retroactively buffing an unique item and not doing the same nerf wise? This frightens me.... I have to get a Koam's ASAP so that I have a 1000 health one.

"
Chris wrote:
This patch will probably be deployed on Monday, NZ time (which is Sunday for America).

Balance:
  • The Voll's Protector unique item has been changed so that it grants a power charge per target critically struck. This does affect items generated in previous patches.
  • The Silverbranch unique item has been changed so that it only grants +1 to bow skills. Old ones will not change unless you use a Divine Orb on them.
Last edited by KibaArtist on Apr 4, 2013, 11:48:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info