0.10.5 Patch Notes

"There will be an update about combat/movement synchronisation posted in the next few days (in the upcoming Development Manifest forum)."

Nice patch and this bit made me feel very happy. :)

Thanks GGG !
"
"Elemental damage on-hit effects now only play for the highest damaging element of the hit (tiebreakers: chaos > fire > cold > lightning)."

Uh.. is this for shock/burn/freeze(chill) or what? Is it just for criticals? This absolutely ruins some builds that go for +chance to shock/burn/freeze nodes..

It's just visual effects!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion)."

I don't quite understand this. Isn't this how it has always worked? Like cyclone will roll a crit or not and if the intial crit roll happens everything cyclone hits will crit.
"
Defilade wrote:
"Critical strikes have been standardised in how they interact with repeating actions. The critical roll is made only once per action, regardless of how many repeats that action does. Exceptions are Tempest Shield (which rolls each time you block), Piety's Ball Lightning (which rolls per target) and Infernal Blow/Explosive Arrow (which roll separately for the explosion)."

I don't quite understand this. Isn't this how it has always worked? Like cyclone will roll a crit or not and if the intial crit roll happens everything cyclone hits will crit.

Yes, but it's saying that if you use Multistrike then the crit is rolled once and then applied to all repeats of the skill.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
This is the closest I got to an orgasm in a week. 0.0
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
Defilade wrote:

The way I understood it (using FP as an example, since well..I play as a Pulsar)

I cast into a pack of mobs and fail to reach the threshold that would be required to crit (and therefore freeze) at the first monster hit, meaning none of the following are frozen as it doesn't "reroll" the threshold for that particular cast.

edit: chris beat me to the punch.
Last edited by Detrites on Apr 4, 2013, 11:15:02 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
"Elemental damage on-hit effects now only play for the highest damaging element of the hit (tiebreakers: chaos > fire > cold > lightning)."

Uh.. is this for shock/burn/freeze(chill) or what? Is it just for criticals? This absolutely ruins some builds that go for +chance to shock/burn/freeze nodes..

Oh, hahaha, that patch note is poorly worded I think. Looks like you already edited it though. :)
Akumos/Xenoith/Toccata.
Last edited by Akumos on Apr 4, 2013, 11:15:35 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"

i'm hoping this eliminates those weird visual bugs where monsters sometimes get odd repeated patterns/bad textures when multiple elemental effects are in play. looking forward to finding out on monday.

Holy crap!

Melee getting some serious love.

How does viper strike work with splash and multi? I hope it's super over powered.
"
"
Defilade wrote:

The way I understood it (using FP as an example, since well..I play as a Pulsar)

I cast into a pack of mobs and fail to reach the threshold that would be required to crit (and therefore freeze) at the first monster hit, meaning none of the following are frozen as it doesn't "reroll" the threshold for that particular cast.

edit: chris beat me to the punch.

Yeah, but isn't this how it works now? I just meant in my earlier question that this already seems to be implemented. I have 62 FP witch and as far as I can tell, the crit is rolled into all of the projectiles(I use GMP). So, I have never noticed some of the projectiles critting and others not. It always seemed like an all or nothing type of situation. If this isn't the case, well seems like a nerf to FP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info