0.9.9e Patch Notes

It is neither my hardware nor internet connection that causes this problem. It is the game's netcode that spazzes out when many enemies are on the screen, 100% nothing else.

I'm not the kind of "noob" that plays with wireless and complains about laggy game. I'm a tech guy and know the ropes. It is the game (connected via cable).

Whatever causes it, it might be related to the location I'm playing from: austria.

core 2 due e8500
amd 6870
ssd
4gb ram
win 7 64

I changed the graphics settings to as low as possible and it didn't solve the problem. Obviously, since it's netcode and has nothing to do with my hardware.

I'm out now and try grabbing a copy of diablo 3 if it's not sold out, if you're interested in fixing this issue for other potential customers, I'll continue following this thread. If it's only me that reported that issue, just let's leave it at that.
Last edited by misterioes on May 14, 2012, 10:48:26 AM
I can't really get what kind of lag you talk about. Your hardware should run the game on highest settings at 1920x1080. Still there's a minor chance it could be related to ati driver settings if they force vsync.

It looks more like a connection problem. It's definetely not about your location.

Hit F1 in the game and monitor FPS and latency for a min. Check if there are huge spikes.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"

Go into Resource Monitor and see if any cores are parked

"

Choose Start→All Programs→Accessories→System Tools→Resource Monitor.

Curious.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
PoE is delivering what was stated and more. All of these patches are awesome, nice quick work, keep up the fantastic work guys.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Spoiler
"
misterioes wrote:
It is neither my hardware nor internet connection that causes this problem. It is the game's netcode that spazzes out when many enemies are on the screen, 100% nothing else.

I'm not the kind of "noob" that plays with wireless and complains about laggy game. I'm a tech guy and know the ropes. It is the game (connected via cable).

Whatever causes it, it might be related to the location I'm playing from: austria.

core 2 due e8500
amd 6870
ssd
4gb ram
win 7 64

I changed the graphics settings to as low as possible and it didn't solve the problem. Obviously, since it's netcode and has nothing to do with my hardware.

I'm out now and try grabbing a copy of diablo 3 if it's not sold out, if you're interested in fixing this issue for other potential customers, I'll continue following this thread. If it's only me that reported that issue, just let's leave it at that.
I also have fps issues with the same graphic card. iv seen other reports too
"
sanyoboy1052 wrote:
"
misterioes wrote:

core 2 due e8500
amd 6870
ssd
4gb ram
win 7 64

I also have fps issues with the same graphic card. iv seen other reports too

fwiw, I'm running a 6870 too and haven't had any issues. (2500K, 8GB, win 7 64). i'm also playing from the U.S.
Who said it's about fps? Fps are fine, 6870 is a powerhorse, totally impossible that the card causes low fps.
"
misterioes wrote:

core 2 due e8500
amd 6870
ssd
4gb ram
win 7 64

Are you the only one who uses your internet connection? Is it possible that someone else in the house is causing you to lag?
"
misterioes wrote:
I'm not the kind of "noob" that plays with wireless and complains about laggy game. I'm a tech guy and know the ropes.

All you need to know.
"
misterioes wrote:

If this were the case, EVERYONE would be having issues. And it simply isn't the case.

FWIW, I have a Radeon 6870 and have none of these issues. The only problems I run into are

1) A bad router that gets wonky after a week or two and needs rebooted. Doing a "ping -t google.com" gives me pings in the 30s and 40s consistently, but when the router gets wonky it will follow 10 or 15 good pings with a small handful of pings well into the hundreds. The solution for me is rebooting the router. I also reboot the cable modem at the same time, just because.

2) The game has a memory leak, after long playing sessions (sometimes as soon as an hour or so, though), the client will take up lots of RAM and the game will function quite poorly. This isn't usually a problem, though. Restarting the client fixes this problem, if only temporarily.

3) Roblox. My kids love playing online games that tie up bandwidth and leave me with high pings to the PoE servers and Roblox is one of those games that really hogs bandwidth.

To resolve your problems, I suggest monitoring your latency (F1 in game) to see if the internet connection is specifically the problem. If it is consistently low, and you are seeing horrid lag, chances are something locally is wrong (bad drivers, bad hardware or something goofy). If your pings are like mine, low sometimes, and really high others, something is probably causing your connection to become bad. Torrent programs often have an autostart with windows, make sure yours don't, if you have a torrent client up, it will kill your internet connection. If your pings are consistently high, chances are the problem is you just don't have a good route to get to the PoE servers and it is your Internet Service Provider that is to blame. The way you describe the problem, I'm leaning towards this one.

Also make sure nothing else is using your network (for testing), if your machine is the only device on the network and you still have problems, the problem is isolated - the problem is on your machine (assuming the problem isn't ISP/router/up the pipe). If you have problems only when a specific machine is on the network, that's probably the source of the problem.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on May 18, 2012, 3:37:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info