My cat's gone an I'm sad.

It's been almost two whole days since Java ran off. It's terrifying, I literally haven't left his side for more than a few hours in almost two years. He just a couple weeks ago wrecked his leg on some glass too, he's still hobbling really bad. I dunno what to do, this has been fucking up my head insanely all day.

I feel like he's either dead or nearing it already. He hadn't eaten for a while before he left, I've still got his hotdogs and turkey sitting next to me I made us for breakfast right after he went out. Whenever he goes outside he always goes to the back porch, when I went to let him in yesterday morning there was a stray occupying it though, he definitely would have just bombed away encountering that.

I dunno how to react to this, it's freaking me out bad. I literally have nobody to talk to about it so thought it'd be best to try and vent here. He loves it here and is a fucking tank, so I've got hope he might still show back up, it's extremely unsettling though.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2021, 6:22:10 AM
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about Java. I hope that he is well and returns soon.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
Thank you, I really appreciate that. Wasn't expecting any reply to this.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Be calm. If this is not a domestic cat, then they may well disappear for several weeks. This is a common thing. Especially when they are looking for a partner, be prepared to meet her very dirty and shabby.
[Removed by Support]
Cats are tough man, that whole "9 lives" thing isn't false advertising. :P

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I hope he is ok. I can't imagine how bad and sad you feel right now... I'm glad that you reached the community to vent.

Please Majin, feel free to pm me or add if you want to talk! I'm here for you :)
Yee, i have a broken window too which is used by cats to get through.
I suspect it of slicing my cats every 10years, you were able to inspect the damage ?

Can take some months, ofcourse its better if you have him around and be capable of providing abit of penecilin.
I suggest you search the shrubbery in 100meters and see if he responds to your calling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the kindness a ton. I don't really know how to think about it though, he's not really domestic, I can't imagine he ran away looking for a mate though. This place is a gathering point for strays, he wouldn't really need to leave to do that. I've scouted out around the property a couple times too and he definitely wasn't nearby.

It's just really weird, ever since he showed up and claimed me, he's just sat on my bed waiting for food and to battle my arm. It's hard to imagine that he intentionally left.

Also, I was able to inspect the damage, it was bad lol. He had a massive gash on the side of his leg. The asshole found it hilarious, he was running around literally attempting to coat everything in blood, he even reopened it 3 times throughout the day. It's still blotched around everywhere. He refused to let me help him at all though, he'd freak out and claw me or hide under something. He recovered pretty well though, he can move around and jump fine, that leg's just really wonky.
I had one which got abducted by a doctor, if its a stray gathering spot, that could have happened to him too. Most likely by a trap with food.
Maybe you get him back castrated.

And this winter i drove over a leg from my old one, thick head as she still has she still went out hunting mice with a wobbling behindleg, healed by now.
I knew the route she takes for hunting, i show all my cats the huntinggrounds aprox half a kilometer outside of the village.
Maybe gps-trackingdevices to find out the routes or to collect info on possible other feedinghotspots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
I had one which got abducted by a doctor, if its a stray gathering spot, that could have happened to him too. Most likely by a trap with food.
Maybe you get him back castrated.

I had one like that too, he came back with his crotch shaved (he was already fixed), a tattoo on his belly (also shaved), and half an ear missing (apparently this is so they can visually confirm they've fixed the cat already if it's trapped again). He was missing about a week and a half.

When they do these roundups they release the cats back to the area they were trapped.

I can understand why they do this, but my cat had a collar and tag that mysteriously vanished when he went missing.

It's worth the price to get your pets chipped, it's usually fairly cheap and will help if your pet is somehow caught by these animal control services.

I remember as a child we had a cat that decided to warm himself on the engine of a car and when the car was started it made a horrible sound much like the sound a blender makes and the cat disappeared into the woods surrounding the house. I shit you not he showed up a year later with half his back foot and tail missing but healthy.

Also @OP, male cats are notorious for disappearing for weeks at a time if they're not neutered regardless of how many other cats are in the area. They'll prowl an area roughly 1 to 2 square miles, and they're absolute murder machines so he's likely not starving to death. :)

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info