[3.20] Hollow Palm Railgun Juggernaut (various slam skills) | V High DPS | League Start | FEARED

"
sumark wrote:
Hello, nice build, though I've got 2 questions:
- why do you not make use of Iron Reflexes ? Doesn't it complement Magebane + makes use of evasion one get from Starkonja ?
- if one were to invest in a Forbidden Flesh, which mastery would you recommend ? I am thinking about few, ordered by priority: Unstoppable (goodbye chill, temporal chains, zombie tar), Bane of Legends (reflect immunity + some dps), Born in Shadows (you can get blind from chest, but this one gives extra survivability), Aspect of Carnage (great dps but lowers effective hp)

Not the person who made the build but I went with Aspect of Carnage as it offers the most damage.

Something about these jewels though is that you need to be playing the base class that can actually get these nodes in the first place. We are playing Marauder so we can only use jewels that offer Berserker, Chieftain or Juggernaut nodes. So this build can not use the jewels for Bane of Legends or Born in Shadows.

Unstoppable is probably great too as there are a lot of slows in the game. Something worth remembering is that you can also take that node yourself and get one of the 4 nodes we were already taking in this build from the jewels if that is much cheaper. The unrelenting jewels for example are just 1 ex each while the Unstoppable ones are much more expensive.

If you want to go really crazy on damage you could probably make this build a berserker and get the Undeniable node from the jewels so we can still stack accuracy. But that build would be considerably more squishy which might make it very frustrating to play.
Last edited by Navidon on Feb 15, 2022, 4:47:03 AM
Apparently I didn't read Forbidden Flesh description very well. Now I do not need worry that much about what to pick, do I ? XD
The substitution with a cheaper skill jewels is a great idea, I feel silly even more now that I didn't realize it. Anyways, thanks for all the hints.
Canu do all the endgame without problem? I have nice currency like 40 ex, i want to know if i can make it work for endgame purposes

Ty the build looks amazing
"
Redthorne82 wrote:
Quick idea: Because of the Pride/Eternal Blessing combo (makes pride free), adding Determination is do-able. I removed Maim from my ancestral duo and got two unsets to make this work (one more socket for EB, one for Det). Could also try to double corrupt rings for an aura to make room for the maim again I suppose.

Little less DPS (no maim) but Determination is kinda huge with MS/VMS and armor-based gear for survival.

Thought about maybe Purity of Elements instead of Det, then being able to take more armor from the tree instead of all the ele res nodes...but haven't put that one into action yet.

I really like this idea, let me know how much it does for tankiness.

Right now the way I have my gear and all, I can tank a lot of deadly things like Sirus Beam, Maven's Cascade of Pain, atleast 1 Shaper ball, all Elder abilities and a couple more that I can't think of rn, just as example. So tankiness isn't the biggest problem, atleast not compared to the high damage output the build provides.

Doing less dps isn't the issue once you got 20-30 ex invested, so taking out maim might not be the worst decision.

"
sumark wrote:
Hello, nice build, though I've got 2 questions:
- why do you not make use of Iron Reflexes ? Doesn't it complement Magebane + makes use of evasion one get from Starkonja ?
- if one were to invest in a Forbidden Flesh, which mastery would you recommend ? I am thinking about few, ordered by priority: Unstoppable (goodbye chill, temporal chains, zombie tar), Bane of Legends (reflect immunity + some dps), Born in Shadows (you can get blind from chest, but this one gives extra survivability), Aspect of Carnage (great dps but lowers effective hp)

I used to take Iron Reflexes before Magebane became a thing. Starkonja is NOT best in slot anymore, and is outclassed quite a bit by a decent rare helmet now. I'm still struggling to get that vuln curse implicit on the helm (100 embers in), but it really is a lot better than a Starkonja now. I'll update the guide when I have more spare time on that.

Explanation: Magebane reduces the gained evasion from our Dexterity to 0 and we don't really use any endgame-gear that has evasion as base, so there's hardly evasion if any at all to work with and thus Iron Reflexes is utterly useless now.

The forbidden jewels as some have already recommended would be either Unstoppable or Aspect of Carnage. Atleast those two are the best options imho. I am currently working to build around Aspect of Carnage and will probably buy it soon, but both are viable in their respective ways. And like someone said, maybe specc into Unstoppable (if you want that one) and then get a cheaper jewel like Unrelenting.

"
tiagoman wrote:
Canu do all the endgame without problem? I have nice currency like 40 ex, i want to know if i can make it work for endgame purposes

Ty the build looks amazing

Thanks, enjoying the build a lot and glad you like it too.

I am currently killing all big bosses with no big problem. Juicing the Eater of Worlds and Searing Exarch quite a lot and able to do them deathless. Only problem are the invlunerable phases of say Eater of Worlds because we can't leech during that phase and Vaal Pact will be quite annoying. So for those fights replace the Quicksilver Flask with a second Life Flask to make sure you have enough regen during them. Also consider a Life Flask with "gains charges on hit" to have more uptime.

The one thing I havn't attempted on this char this league is the feared although I did clear that in Ultimatum league when the build was significantly weaker than it is now. Will try that again soon and report back.

Here's a gearing update, although it's probably about 60ex investment using hundreds of deafening sorrow essences. 1300 Dexterity but can potentially get higher.

Flasks:

I'm using Quicksilver for mapping but switch to Sapphire when I go for certain bosses like Uelder or Maven.

Damage is currently around 20mill dps

Also I removed Dread Banner reservation efficiency mastery due to getting extra efficiency on jewels, but that is totally optional and if you can afford getting that point in, it's more comfortable all around with your mana.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Thanks for the quick answer ♥

Another question, how do u level this build? do i need to rush for that jewl socket to use the hollow palm? or i pick that socket way more advanced in the campaign??
"
tiagoman wrote:

Another question, how do u level this build? do i need to rush for that jewl socket to use the hollow palm? or i pick that socket way more advanced in the campaign??

If you rush to hollow palm socket (I think around level 20) and add astramentis, the campaign is cake
"
tiagoman wrote:

If you just started the league fresh, then use the Two-Hand leveling poe-planner I posted in the leveling section, otherwise if you have the currency to get One With Nothing and Astramentis, then rush for that socket and use it as soon as you can equip Astramentis

Doing Campaign with Hollow Palm is probably the most amazing way to level. You just oneshot everything and can easily beat campaign 20 levels below area level.
Arian Synthesis of G3
"
Redthorne82 wrote:
Quick idea: Because of the Pride/Eternal Blessing combo (makes pride free), adding Determination is do-able. I removed Maim from my ancestral duo and got two unsets to make this work (one more socket for EB, one for Det). Could also try to double corrupt rings for an aura to make room for the maim again I suppose.

Little less DPS (no maim) but Determination is kinda huge with MS/VMS and armor-based gear for survival.

Thought about maybe Purity of Elements instead of Det, then being able to take more armor from the tree instead of all the ele res nodes...but haven't put that one into action yet.

Eternal Blessing + Pride combo just got hotfixed, so this is no longer possible.
Arian Synthesis of G3
hii, in the passive tree u put ambidexterity but we are no t dual wielding, can un explain this? ty!
"
tiagoman wrote:
hii, in the passive tree u put ambidexterity but we are no t dual wielding, can un explain this? ty!

Hollow Palm counts as Dual Wielding.
Arian Synthesis of G3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info