[3.20] Hollow Palm Railgun Juggernaut (various slam skills) | V High DPS | League Start | FEARED

"
HeckinKoda wrote:
Have you tried this with Ice Crash? With Fractal Thoughts

No, I havnt, but I thought about it. Thing is I made this build in Ultimatum when phys to elemental convert wasn't as easy to get as it is now due to the implementation of masteries and rework of the tree itself.

Might be worth a try though.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Ice Crash has had 100% phys to cold conversion since Harvest. Might be an interesting thing to try though, maybe I should throw together a POB but I doubt it'll reach the same amount of damage, but maybe.
I'm trying this build right now. See my profile for the character. I have the basics set up but still need to make some improvements.

Some quick impressions:
Playstyle is fun, although using flame dash is awkward. Ssdly leap slam is not an option.

It's good allround and indeed quite tanky despite its small life pool.

The damage is not bad but not as high as described or at least not yet. I still need to get the cluster jewel and awakened support gems. I might also look to slap Aspect of Carnage in my build if I can find the money for it.

I do wonder about the attack speed. My attack time is 0,20 so I only attack 5 times per second and not 10. The only source of attack speed that I don't have yet is the Frenzy charges mod on the body. But 3 frenzy charges won't cut my attack time in half.

Flask section may need updating. I'm not sure why there is a jade flask in there but unless I am missing something evasion doesn't do much for us as we've allocated both unwavering stance and Magebane.

Edit: I forgot to mention I also struggle a lot with archnemesis monsters. They are very strong so that isn't entirely on the build. They are just very tough on characters that are stationary when they attack.
Last edited by Navidon on Feb 8, 2022, 6:32:32 PM
"
Navidon wrote:
I'm trying this build right now. See my profile for the character. I have the basics set up but still need to make some improvements.

Some quick impressions:
Playstyle is fun, although using flame dash is awkward. Ssdly leap slam is not an option.

It's good allround and indeed quite tanky despite its small life pool.

The damage is not bad but not as high as described or at least not yet. I still need to get the cluster jewel and awakened support gems. I might also look to slap Aspect of Carnage in my build if I can find the money for it.

Glad to hear it's fun. I am having a blast with it myself atm.

As for the damage, you are missing quite a bunch of core components and I changed a few descriptions of the guide but not completely updated the pictures, so there might be some mislead stuff if you only look at pictures.

What you are still missing for damage:
- Vulnerability Curse ring! Really important, elevates the build a lot.
- Ancestral Protector. You need atleast 1 Unset ring to fit all the gems you need for the build. And you need to link Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Ancestral Protector with Maim Support. Why you linked Maim with Molten shell instead is beyond me. Ancestral Protector is a huge part of the APS btw and should be up during all tough encounters.
- Reconsider using Starkonja as a Helmet and we don't need Pride enchantment on Helmet anymore. I am currently using Ground Slam Damage enchant on an Eternal Burgonet which I am currently trying to get the right implicits on (vulnerability curse effect increase and attack damage increase). Way better than Starkonja now that we don't have any use for Evasion anymore.
- Both your Amulet and your Belt (try to get a cyclopean coil with max roll on attributes) have no catalyst quality and make you lose a lot of free damage. We are talking about 100 Dex you are missing because of that.

So yeah, you have a lot of improvements to make to properly get the damage going.

Use my character as reference for gear (though still in progress of crafting).
"
Navidon wrote:
I do wonder about the attack speed. My attack time is 0,20 so I only attack 5 times per second and not 10. The only source of attack speed that I don't have yet is the Frenzy charges mod on the body. But 3 frenzy charges won't cut my attack time in half.

Don't underestimate frenzy charges. And you can even get a 4th frenzy charge if you sacrifice a little tankiness (spell suppression above dex% cluster).

Also since you don't use Ancestral Protector (which you really really should), you are missing out on 20% MORE attack speed which is A LOT. Incase you didn't know, you can use both the Ancestral Protector totem PLUS the Vaal charge of the Ancestral Warchief at the same time, that is your burst phase for bosses and tough encounters.

But yeah, getting the 10aps is high end crafting with level 5 awakened gems, proper investment (onslaught boots too). So don't expect it before you invested 50ex into the build.

"
Navidon wrote:

Flask section may need updating. I'm not sure why there is a jade flask in there but unless I am missing something evasion doesn't do much for us as we've allocated both unwavering stance and Magebane.

It is updated. I just didn't renew the picture of the flask bottle yet. It says that we use Basalt flask now. But it's good that you pay attention to how the build works. :)

"
Navidon wrote:

Edit: I forgot to mention I also struggle a lot with archnemesis monsters. They are very strong so that isn't entirely on the build. They are just very tough on characters that are stationary when they attack.

Half the community if not more struggle with those and I did so too for a time, but now I am slapping T16 Archnemesis monsters left and right and I am still only at half the potential power of the build.

I don't want to exaggerate, but this build has insane potential the more you invest. I think I'll need to update the 15+ mill dps to way over 25+ mill dps with all the changes, but again, I am still experimenting with upgrades.
Arian Synthesis of G3
Last edited by Pelagoth on Feb 9, 2022, 11:06:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. I invested a whole bunch more in it and my damage did go up a lot more than I expected. I got an 8 passive cluster with the 3 notables you have in the pob and got a ring with vulnerability on hit 32%, maybe even 42% because I got curse effect on my body from one of the new orbs.

I didn't use an unset ring because I just got some really cheap ones to get started, I will use ancestral protector then. But we can only have 2 summoned totems right? So when we burst a boss down we couldn't summon both vaal ancestral warchiefs and the protector or am I mistaken?

Thanks for noticing maim is linked to vaal molten shell. I took out my gems a whole bunch of times when I used gardens to get 3 red 1 lue sockets on my starkonjas and put two of them in the wrong socket.

I do consider ditching the starkonjas. This was actually sold to me for 5 chaos so it was an absolute steal and good enough to get started with. But an armor helmet with GS damage would be an upgrade. It would also make it a lot easier to fix resistances. How do you go about getting a GS enchant on a helm with good dex though? Do you just spam Deafening essences of sorrow? There aren't that many just for sale.

I wilm use catalysts on my amulet soon. But I won't use them on my belt until after I buy one with a 15% attributes roll.
"
Navidon wrote:
I didn't use an unset ring because I just got some really cheap ones to get started, I will use ancestral protector then. But we can only have 2 summoned totems right? So when we burst a boss down we couldn't summon both vaal ancestral warchiefs and the protector or am I mistaken?

We can summon both the normal Ancestral Protector Totem + the Vaal charge of the Ancestral Warchief. As you said correctly, we can have 2 summoned totems. 1+1=2 :P

Even a garbage Unset Ring is better than none at all, because that 20% MORE attack speed is really big, trust me.

P.S. I am currently at 8aps and I don't even have my awakened gems yet or went for an all out crafting.

Another explanation for the 10 aps. The more Dex we stack, the more accuracy we get. The more accuracy we get, the higher our attack speed gets because of Undeniable asscendancy. 10 Dex = 30 flat accuracy (probably 40 or 50 with mulitpliers) which means that around 30-40 dex is approximately +1% attack speed increase. Now in terms of Ancestral Protector and Multistrike, it multiplies the amount of attack speed increase we gain, so in the end you could say that it's not just 1% per 150 accuracy, but more like 1.5%-2% per attack speed. I'm not too invested in uncovering the mysteries of PoE maths, but it's something along these lines.

Just remember: The more dex you stack, the more attack speed, damage and spell suppression you gain. Don't cheap out on using cheap catalyst either.

"
Navidon wrote:

I do consider ditching the starkonjas. This was actually sold to me for 5 chaos so it was an absolute steal and good enough to get started with. But an armor helmet with GS damage would be an upgrade. It would also make it a lot easier to fix resistances. How do you go about getting a GS enchant on a helm with good dex though? Do you just spam Deafening essences of sorrow? There aren't that many just for sale.

Yeah Starkonja is a nice early budget Helmet, nothing wrong with that. For endgame however it isn't top tier anymore (due to changes) and yes spam deafening sorrow essences on the Helmet. I am aware of the scarcity of essences and am struggling to craft my endurance charge ring properly because of it, however it IS the best upgrade.
Arian Synthesis of G3
I can't get POB to work. I wanted to compare Marauder to Duelist. The slayer ascendancy looks interesting.
Last edited by HeckinKoda on Feb 9, 2022, 2:42:53 PM
"
HeckinKoda wrote:
I can't get POB to work. I wanted to compare Marauder to Duelist. The slayer ascendancy looks interesting.
It works with slayer, but it loses a lot of survivability and doesn't synergize as much with accuracy. Slayers generally need a higher lifepool because of that and this build might go up to 5k life but that's close to minmaxing.
Arian Synthesis of G3
excellent build, recently hit a nice armor, others need to be improved but the build is going very smooth in tier16, the only problem is the low life that is causing me too many deaths but other than that excellent.

"
WolcreX wrote:
excellent build, recently hit a nice armor, others need to be improved but the build is going very smooth in tier16, the only problem is the low life that is causing me too many deaths but other than that excellent.

That is a really solid body armour, slightly envious you didn't need to awakener orb that armour.

This is my current gear for reference as I got asked a couple times now (still in crafting progress):

What I am currently crafting:
-> Helmet increase Vuln Curse effect and %attack damage with new implicit currency
-> Synthesis Belt with Deafening Sorrow Essences (trying to get max life /resists mainly)
-> Synthesis End Charge Ring also with Deafening Sorrow Essences (trying to get max life/resists mainly)
-> Boots I still need to buy Synthesis Onslaught boots and craft them with Deafening Sorrow Essences too.
-> Body Armour is okay but need a replacement cause of 2 shitty rolls (life regen and armour)

My flasks:

I am alternating Basalt and Sapphire flask currently for bossfights like Maven and Uelder with a lot of cold damage.

Charges gained on hit are good for sustaining the flasks throughout bossfights better rather than increased duration, since we can't evade/dodge hits.
Arian Synthesis of G3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info