[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's 🔥 Blazing Salvo Mines Saboteur 🔥 League Start to Uber Bosses!

"
Drax6661 wrote:
Hi

First miner, 1st BS :).

I got off to a good start , thanks to heist.
I'm on the T11 cards, it's starting to get better.
Difficult time between T7 and T11. Upgrade the equipment and things get better.

4600 HP
50K damage in full buff POB for the burst / 9000 in the game in the Hideout.

It clears the mobs with BS and the boss are fine.
Still lack of burst.
Weak defense, medium damage.
But hey we are only the 3 / 4th day.

I don't play the league, I go straight to the OS, I'll try it when I'm in LL.Moreover, I don't really like the concept.

I had a question, is the "cast speed" used to undermine them? Does it lay mines faster?

hi Drax. Give a try on low life, and your opinion might change :) I converted to low life yesterday and damage difference is noticable.

cast speed will only effect self cast spells (arcanist brand or hydro) but it does nothing for the mines. Mine Throwing Speed effects how fast you throw them.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on Oct 25, 2021, 5:26:08 PM
Yes LL will be much better.
Last edited by Drax6661 on Oct 26, 2021, 5:50:03 AM
My first impressions:

It is very, very squishy. Can't remember dying so much on a league start ever. But that might just be me skipping last league and being a little rusty. So I am not blaming the build or anything. I remember playing Esoro's Pyroclast Mine a couple leagues back and didn't die too much so I expect the survivability to get a lot better.

However, I am somewhat surprised by the lack of damage. I was able to score a 5L at level 35ish and a Flammability curse ring at level 50ish, which honestly is a huge luxury and I would have expeceted more damage.

Only just now got to maps (not as much time on league start as usual). We'll see how it goes. Since LL is still a bit off, I am thinking about going heavily into evasion onces I get my 3rd Lab (took Explosives Expert before Born in the Shadows for DPS boost), Starkonja might be a pretty nice budget option. Lots of life and evasion and some crit.

Still wondering about Elemental Focus and would appreciate some input. Combustion comes to mind as a good alternative.
Last edited by Shafirion on Oct 26, 2021, 6:45:42 AM
"
Shafirion wrote:
My first impressions:

It is very, very squishy. Can't remember dying so much on a league start ever. But that might just be me skipping last league and being a little rusty. So I am not blaming the build or anything. I remember playing Esoro's Pyroclast Mine a couple leagues back and didn't die too much so I expect the survivability to get a lot better.

However, I am somewhat surprised by the lack of damage. I was able to score a 5L at level 35ish and a Flammability curse ring at level 50ish, which honestly is a huge luxury and I would have expeceted more damage.

Only just now got to maps (not as much time on league start as usual). We'll see how it goes. Since LL is still a bit off, I am thinking about going heavily into evasion onces I get my 3rd Lab (took Explosives Expert before Born in the Shadows for DPS boost), Starkonja might be a pretty nice budget option. Lots of life and evasion and some crit.

Still wondering about Elemental Focus and would appreciate some input. Combustion comes to mind as a good alternative.

Yes since 3.15 it has become much harder.
Nerf of Support Gems in 3.15.
Elemental focus deals more damage than combustion.
In the life version, we have no defense, I think we have to accept it until we go to LL and I agree it's not easy. :)

Your curse ring doesn't work, because we don't hit, it's our mines that hit.

"
Drax6661 wrote:
"
Shafirion wrote:
My first impressions:

In the life version, we have no defense, I think we have to accept it until we go to LL and I agree it's not easy. :)

Well everything hit by the mines gets flagged with the flammability symbol.
"
Shafirion wrote:
"
Drax6661 wrote:
"
Shafirion wrote:
My first impressions:

Well everything hit by the mines gets flagged with the flammability symbol.

well, hit happens when you throw mines and they hit the mobs before they go down, or if you have alternate skill for example hydrosphere hits the mobs. However, spells firing off from your mines do no apply the curse themselves. You can try it to throw mines on top of packs, or a bit further and detonate them.

On the elemental focus discussion, it's for the mega damage boost. Typically you need extra damage for bossing, and then you typically use your firewall skill also. That's how you burn and get the benefit from the ascendancy.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
That sounds plausible. As long as I see flammability all over the place I guess it can still be considered a rather consistent dps boost.

I have another question concerning survivability because someone mentioned it wouldn get much better till reaching LL. But where will it come from then. It's not like we have such massive amounts of ES that the pure mass of ES alone will carry the build, right?

I am just wondering, because I started doing league mechanic and am having a really hard time because mines don't transfer to nightmare. So I tend to get overwhelmed before I am able to get mines going. Only solution I found is to use the crucible in certain spots where I won't have tons of mobs spawning around me. Any suggestions? How do you deal with it? Again, not blaming the build, I just generally prefer tanky builds and therefore am struggling with builds, that require a more careful playstyle.
Definitely I love Blazing Salvo. It's actually Molten Strike 2.0 :).
Seeker fireballs are really super nice and beautiful when they cross the flam wall.
Currently on T13, I now have enough damage to easily pass the maps.
I went to 5200 of life but still no defense. Nothing surprising. It goes better all the same.
Last edited by Drax6661 on Oct 28, 2021, 8:37:51 AM
Why not tremor rod?
"
Shafirion wrote:

I am just wondering, because I started doing league mechanic and am having a really hard time because mines don't transfer to nightmare. So I tend to get overwhelmed before I am able to get mines going. Only solution I found is to use the crucible in certain spots where I won't have tons of mobs spawning around me. Any suggestions? How do you deal with it? Again, not blaming the build, I just generally prefer tanky builds and therefore am struggling with builds, that require a more careful playstyle.

Yeah, mines not transfering to nightmare is.. well nightmarish in most situations. Also defences are pretty mutch limited to ES and evade, having hard time in red maps with spell casting mobs. They tend to spam their spells immeadly after their stun perioid ends, dealing tons of unavoidable damage that usually kills me under 0.5sec
However, tried to raise my defences with tempest shield to have at least some spellblock. Currently at 25% and it's really not worth it.. however it could save your life if your lucky enough with rng gods.

I'm wondering if tremor rod or cane of kulemak do better, as we can grab staff crit nodes with block chance for attacks and spells. Downside is that we lose lot of auras and resistances due removal of prism guardian.

Maybe we could switch grace aura to determination and pick the divine shield keystone for more reliable ES recovery after getting hit.

Guess I'll just have to try things out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info