Game Mechanics Q&A Answers

Understood %: about 90%
Remember %: about 2%
I'm super disappointed the multiplayer bleed question didn't get answered. It was asked by multiple people.

Here's the short version of the question, in case anyone has a definitive answer:

If two players hit an enemy with bleeds, and one of those players is using Crimson Dance, but the other isn't, how does that interaction work?

My presumption is that, because the player who has Crimson Dance has hit the enemy, that the enemy can have 8 bleeds on it, and that only one of those bleeds (at most) can be from the player that doesn't have Crimson Dance.

But it would make just as much sense if either A) The "extra" bleed stacks were lost every time a bleed was inflicted by a non-Crimson Dance using source or B) As long as at least one bleed was from a source with Crimson Dance, they could have up to 8 bleeds from any source, regardless of whether that source has Crimson Dance or not.
"
Waminjamin wrote:
The maximum resistance part is confusing me.
The author says "No" twice, then proceeds to confirm what the person is asking. At least that's how I am reading it.

"
Since there is a 90% cap... I will take damage as if I had 90%?

Is then answered by

"
No... There is a cap on maximum cold resistance... Your maximum resistance cannot be raised above 90%

and

"
-10% max res [will be] deducted from my "hidden" overcap and leave me at 85%

Is answered again with

"
No... results in a total of 85%

I feel like I'm missing something. What is he saying no to. What is the question getting wrong.
The final results the user was suggesting were accurate, but the reasoning about how the system achieved those results was incorrect - specifically working from misunderstandings (or at least misstatements) of how resistances and maximums work that have in the past led other players to incorrect conclusions about similar interactions.

Just saying the resulting nubmers are correct without explaining the actual way the game gets to those results would mean any future players reading that post as a way to understand how resistances work would be mislead and that might make them misunderstand other interactions in ways that do cause incorrect results.

The answers given in a Q&A like this aren't just for the person asking the question, they're for everyone who reads this now or in the future, trying to understand the same or similar interactions. The technical details matter because they help players apply the knowledge to other different related questions about the same systems by providing deeper understanding of what's actually happening "under the hood".
"If there's still any excess damage that hasn't taken something away, it isn't your problem at this point on account of you being dead, because that means you ran out of life before you ran out of damage."

POG

"If you are taking damage you are taking damage, regardless of what else is happening."

Guess it's was a short straw pick to be responsible on answers :D
Meant to say this was hard and thanks for your time.
Last edited by rainbowsin on May 20, 2021, 7:13:40 AM
I don`t know if anyone from GGG can answer but maybe someone from the community

if I have different additive effects how are they calculated?

Ex: Ball Lightning: Deals 25 to 468 Lightning Damage

and i have
90% increased Spell Damage
130% increased Elemental Damage
170% increased Lightning Damage

is it like a simple additive thing and like having the same of 390% spell or 390% Lightning or 390% Elemental ? or are they calculated differently?

I just want to know if there is any benefit to having different additive stats or it's all the same
Last edited by CyrusBlackXXX on May 20, 2021, 9:42:41 AM
"
QQPQ wrote:
I'm super disappointed the multiplayer bleed question didn't get answered. It was asked by multiple people.

Here's the short version of the question, in case anyone has a definitive answer:

If two players hit an enemy with bleeds, and one of those players is using Crimson Dance, but the other isn't, how does that interaction work?

My presumption is that, because the player who has Crimson Dance has hit the enemy, that the enemy can have 8 bleeds on it, and that only one of those bleeds (at most) can be from the player that doesn't have Crimson Dance.

But it would make just as much sense if either A) The "extra" bleed stacks were lost every time a bleed was inflicted by a non-Crimson Dance using source or B) As long as at least one bleed was from a source with Crimson Dance, they could have up to 8 bleeds from any source, regardless of whether that source has Crimson Dance or not.

from what I have seen on how the game works... I assume it's kinda... to each, its own .. the player without crimson will only inflict his own damage and the player with crimson will inflict 8 of them and they are separate from each other the only thing that applies to both players are the Non-Damaging Ailments Ex: Shock (more damage from all sources)

P.S. What I want to know is what bleed remains on a monster when you don't have Crimson Dance ?? for example in most case scenarios bleed builds have chance to bleed all over the place and if you are using the ensnaring arow usually on a totem or something ( do you also need to use Some form of Bloodlust Support with it ? ) so you don`t make the monster bleed with Ensnaring Arrow and in the process removing the more powerful bleed from your main skill puncture or split arrow or whatever you are using as main skill ???

yeah, English is not my first language so apologize if I f..d up somewhere and didn`t make myself clear enough!!
"
gageris wrote:
Sadly no one asked about how armor/physical damage reduction works. I've heard that armor is useful vs low hits, but it doesn't reduce a lot from big hits.

yeah, there is a calculation somewhere in the community I can`t remember if I have seen it on Wiki or somewhere :) something about 20k armor only reduces 2k Phys damage... Feels Good Man :( :( :( so in normal builds where you have 5k .. you only get like 500 dmg reduced so .. if you get like a 90 k hit .. WELLL Tough Luck for that you have Fortify / Windancer / Basalt Flask / Kintsugi Phys Mitigation is the worst I had 18k armor on my summoner 2 leagues ago and I was randomly getting 1-shot :( that is when I realized armor in POE = 0(except lvl-ing) ... Block / Dodge/evasion / Reduced damage taken ... that is what you are looking for ... before they Nerf all the defenses in the game .... at this point is ridiculous because a normal casual player can't play the game ... they nerfed everything to the ground in the last 2 leagues (defensive speaking) ... this league was a disaster from start ... hopefully, they will understand this and do something about it in the future because I don`t see myself playing in 3.15 if we don`t get some form of redemption league !!!
"
DamatBey wrote:
I wish there was Turkish language support :(

Bairam shik-dum shik-dum !! LEARN ENGLISH ARKADASH !!!
"
Kasseopea wrote:
"
Does generic AOE affect modifiers such as the Ignite Spread from Berek's Respite?

No.

Note: This answer has been edited as the original answer was incorrect.

They literally don't know their own game, fml

the problem is worse than that ... if it's a skill with AOE CLEARLY SPECIFIED !! WHY THE F...k NOT? (that maze guy on youtube: Why would you do this ?? )
"
J4zzyJ wrote:
"
willeke wrote:
Thanks for all the answers ... but I'm still here wondering why Fanaticism's more cast speed doesn't apply to Flamethrower Trap. :'(

Fanaticism applies to spells you cast yourself. So not to totems/mines/traps.

at this point ... I`m wondering why is that(Fanaticism) even in the game to start with? is so used...by literally the whole player base (3 players) and man inquisitor is nice to play but fanaticism is just not there, the idea is GREAT ... implementation is Dog S...t

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info