PSA -- Trade/Stash Filter is now RegEx, which lets us do really cool stuff.

"
QQPQ wrote:
My first example:

".-.-.-.-.-." find 6Ls only.

There are nearly infinite possibilities now for filtering the trade market and your stash tabs and vendor inventories.

You sir, are a LEGEND!!!! for conveying this info, along with the other tips. Thank you so very much! :)

Is there a guide you can point me to for the most useful commands?

Edit: also, is there way to search for dps values? Like say I want a weapon with between 200-300 dps? or a weapon with 300 physical damage and above? etc
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
Last edited by AnaLoGMunKy on Sep 2, 2021, 11:48:38 AM
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:

Is there a guide you can point me to for the most useful commands?

Let me be clear: They are not commands.

You are simply filtering the textual representation of an item.

You can filter for anything that appears in that textualization, within the limits that you are filtering *text*.

The are some examples given in this thread, and in the other one (I can't remember exactly where it is).

95% of the limitations come from the fact that we can only filter based on single lines, and not on things that require combining lines.

So, for example, if you want to find items with 100 or more life, that's pretty easy... except that you'll miss ones that may have, say 90 flat life plus a crafted hybrid mod with another 20 life on it.

The "100 or more life" filter looks like this:

"1[0-9][0-9] to maximum life"

Or perhaps "1.. to maximum l" if you're lazy and don't mind that this also matches 1 life and 10-19 life, in addition to 100-199.

Note that this filter assumes the range can only go up to 199.

If you want it to go up to 999, it looks like this:

"[1-9][0-9][0-9] to maximum life"

Note that I wouldn't go "lazy" with this one, because "[1-9].. to maximum l" will not only match 1 and 10-19, but also 20-29, 30-39, etc. In other words, nearly anything with life.

It's also important to note that it's extremely difficult/tedious to filter for numerical ranges that aren't multiples of 10, unless they are very small.

So, for example, if you want to filter for things that are between 35 and 75, you might think you want:

"[3-7][5-9] to whatever", but that won't match something like 71, because 1-4 aren't included in the second part. It also *will* match 77, which is higher than the asked-for range.

Usually it's best to just filter for a slightly wider, multiple of 10 range ([3-7][0-9] to whatever) and accept that you'll highlight some items that are outside the range you want.

The only way I know of to actually filter for non-decimal ranges specifically is to use a list.

"(3[5-9][0-9],[4-6][0-9],7[0-5]) to whatever"

And if you don't understand that line, don't try to use that stuff, just go with the multiple of 10 ranges.

"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:

Edit: also, is there way to search for dps values? Like say I want a weapon with between 200-300 dps? or a weapon with 300 physical damage and above? etc

If you're talking about "pdps", where it's number calculated in PoB or elsewhere the combines the weapon's average damage and speed, then no, you definitely cannot filter for that. It doesn't exist in the textualized version of an item.

However, very builds are attack speed agnostic. You usually either want lots of attack speed (e.g. Crimson Dance builds, most non-bleed bow builds, most cyclone builds, etc), or none at all (slams, ignite builds, etc).

In the case of builds that want attack speed, you could filter for certain damage requirements, and another line for the attack speed range you want.

There are two places where damage appears on the weapon:

1) At the top where all the local damage modifiers are combined together, in a line that says something like "Physical Damage: 124-341"

2) The modifiers to damage on the weapon, like "adds 12-20 physical damage" and "115% Increased Physical Damage".

If you're only looking for totally finished items, or for very high end items (where a crafted mod would never be enough, even with hybrid also in place), then you can just use the big numbers are the top.

It's often as simple as filtering for the second half.

Let's say we're looking for a fat Karui Chopper for a slam build.

You could just filter "-[6-9][0-9][0-9]" for that has 600 or more top-end on the physical hit. Ok, technically that only goes up to 999. And 600 might be too low if you've got big money to burn. So just change the first digit. "-[7-9][0-9]0-9]" for 700 or more.

If you want to include the >1000 ones (which are pretty much mirror-tier only), then I recommend doing that as a separate search. "-1[0-9][0-9][0-9]".

If were were looking for a "speed" weapon instead (like a jeweled foil or a siege axe", you just add on a second part for attack speed, either the raw number, or the "increased attack speed" mod).

A super crazy jeweled foil might be "-4[0-9][0-9]" "ond: 2"

That second bit is "Attacks per second: 2", for 2 ore more APS (but less than 3... I don't think 3 is possible?).

That's a mirror-tier foil, btw, I don't really recommend trying to buy one on console.

It gets much trickier if you're searching for items that might be made "pretty good" by a single craft.

For example, if an item has Flaring (T1 flat phys) and a half decent Hybrid phys mod, and an open prefix, you can just craft the highest % phys and it will still be a very good weapon. (please note that even though I call out the mod-name "flaring" here, those mod names are not in the textualized version of the item, so you can't filter by them, you have to filter by their actual values).

For one thing, there is currently no way to filter based on having an open prefix. Or open suffix, or anything like that.

I'm not going to try to construct filter text here for you, because it will vary greatly by what you are looking for.

But just as a general idea, you might filter for "adds [2-4][0-9] to [4-6][0-9] physical damage" "d physical d" to find items that have a large flat added phys roll (if memory serves, this would be flaring on most one handed weapons... but I didn't actually look it up to check) plus *any* increased phys damage roll. This will turn up some garbage items (Flaring + t7 ipd, for example), but it will also turn up items that might have Flaring + t1 hybrid and an open suffix, which would be a *very* nice weapon once you craft ipd on it. It would also turn up Flaring + Merciless, which is obviously very good.

It's a balancing act of "how much work do I want to put into making my filter line" vs "how much time am I willing to waste looking at highlighted items that aren't actually what I want".

If you spend 30 minutes crafting the perfect filter, you'll only highlight exactly what you want... but it probably only would have taken 5 minutes in total if you just spent 30 seconds on the filter and then browsed through highlighted items where you had to ignore 50-90% of them.

Finally, if you really want to get good at filtering, learn regex! You can just google it. "How to learn regex" or "regex tutorial" are both searches that will turn up useful results.

Regex is widely used in IT, so there's TONS of resources out there for it.

Note that there are *slight* variations in regex filtering on different platforms, so some of the more obscure stuff won't work in PoE, but all the "normal" stuff does (as long as you need to reference multiple lines in a single match).
Cluster jewels "8 pass" for 8 passive jewels only

"4 p|5 p" will search 4 and 5 passive jewels only
Is there any way to search items having tier 1 prefix? that could be useful for alt-spamming watchstones
Last edited by Xactip on Nov 25, 2021, 11:55:54 AM
This is crap to me tbh.

It only filter away and blank unwanted items, we still have to flip thousand pages just to find specify combo.

If GGG can show search result properly without unwanted strings on ingame MTX market, why can't they do the same for trade market?

That makes no sense.
Last edited by realm9thfeb on Nov 28, 2021, 5:50:54 AM
Guys, is there an "or" command? For example, I need an item life+cold res or life+fire res
"
iLisiy wrote:
Guys, is there an "or" command? For example, I need an item life+cold res or life+fire res

Yes and no.

The "or" command is a pipe/vertical bar character (this one: | ).

However, there are restrictions on the use of it.

Primarily that it can only be used as part of a single "phrase".

So, in your example or Life + (Fire or Cold), that's not too hard.

It would go something like this:

"m life" "e res|d res"

We put the m in front of life to make sure it's "maximum life" and not "life regen" or other life rolls.

Also, you can put several things inside the "or", and you can have multiple ors.

So we could do "m life|m mana" "g res|e res" to find an item that has both Life or Mana and Lightning or Fire Res.

So, in case it wasn't obvious, the restriction prevents searches like this: I want either a ring with Life, Dex, and Fire Res, or one with Life, and both Cold and Lightning Res.

There's no way to write that restriction on our version, because your phrase will only be matched against single lines, so you can't put an AND "inside" your OR, as the single statement would span multiple lines.
This confused me to hell

Il stick to quotation and mods i want
This is way to difficult for a normie like myself to understand, so now we need a bachelor's in computer science to efficiently use the trade market?
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
iLisiy wrote:

Yes and no.

The "or" command is a pipe/vertical bar character (this one: | ).

However, there are restrictions on the use of it.

Primarily that .......

Necro thread, sorry, but had to say thanks, in case you're still around. Late to the regex game but this helped HEAPS rolling an 8 passive 3x notable jewel recently. Legend! ♥
I will write something here when I can think of something clever and amusing.
Last edited by PyknoR on Jan 4, 2024, 7:47:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info