PSA -- Trade/Stash Filter is now RegEx, which lets us do really cool stuff.

"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Can we hide stuff? Please say yes! ;)

If, by "hide", you mean not show items at all (as in, "if I filter for 6L, the only items on the page will be 6L", then, no, we can't do that.

If you mean "can we exclude things from what we're looking for based on certain criteria", then the answer is yes.

You can use an exclamation point ("bang" in programmer-ese) to mean "not".

So, if you want to find a Wand with +1 all spell skill gems but NOT added flat lightning to spells, you would do this:

"to level of all spell" "!lightning damage to spells"
"
QQPQ wrote:
no, we can't do that.

Thanks man, that's kind of a bummer. Searching jewels is such a pain. 300+ pages. And as the league progresses it can get to 1000 pages of stuff.

But regex is already a improvement ;)
Very nice indeed. I use it for pre-rolling a bunch of maps very effectively. Instead of looking at or searching each mod individually and paying attention, if one of the mods I don't want to run appears on rerolling, I can just construct a search query like this:

(max|reco|regen|of.ele|leec)

which highlights all maps with ele reflect, -max resists, reduced recovery rate, no reg or no leech. Then I can mindlessly spam chaos on anything that lights up until it doesn't light up anymore and have my maps ready to go.

Could also easily implement a quant or pack size threshold on top of that
Last edited by Snarky85 on May 10, 2021, 9:14:41 AM
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
kzl_91 wrote:
Can you ELI5 and give few other examples if possible please?

I'm not playing this league but this is interesting.

Thanks.

Uh... this is sort of like asking a physicist to ELI5 quantum tunneling or a mathematician to ELI5 DiffEQ.

The actual ELI5 is "RegEx, short for 'Regular Expressions' is a way to search and filter text in a very flexible manner" or something like that.

RegEx is used in many different computer programming languages (such as Perl, Python, and Ruby).

You can use it to do nearly anything in relation to searching text. Emphasis on text.

So, you can't use it to compare numbers, for example.

But, here are some short example of what it *can* be used for in PoE:

".-.-.-.-." will find 5 or more linked sockets.

"\+1.. to Maximum Life" will find items with 100 or more Maximum life in a single roll (up to 199).

"\+4.% to Fire Resistance" will find items with 40 to 49 Fire Res.

"\+[3-5].% to Fire Resistance" will find items with 30 to 59 Fire Res.

You can string these together if you want:

".-.-.-.-." "\+1.. to Maximum Life" "\+[3-5].% to Fire Resistance" "\+[3-5].% to Cold Resistance" will find items with 5 or more linked sockets, and 100-199 Maximum life (in a single roll), and 30-59 Fire res, and 30-59 Cold res.

Note that I'm spelling things out to make it clearer, but you only need enough characters to make it unique, so "\+[3-5].% to Fire R" is good enough.

Let me break one of these down for you:

"\+[3-5].% to Fire R"

The quotes enclose an individual string we're looking for. Each mod or stat we want needs to be inside its own set of quotes.

The / before + is because that is a special character, so if we want to actually match "+" we need "\+".

[3-5] is a range for a single digit. You can do [0-9] to match any single digit. If you want to match multiple digits, you need to use several iterations of this. And some ranges are impossible. For example, 42-57 would be [4-5][0-9], which will match 40-59. If you did [4-5][2-7] That will miss 48, 49, 50, and 51.

The . (dot) is any single character. [0-9] would be more technically here for matching the second digit, but the . is much shorter to type, and you'll never find an item with "+4Y to Fire Res", so the dot is fine.

There are a bunch of sites for learning RegEx. This is the one I clicked on when I googled "Regex string builder": https://regexr.com/

I learned RegEx for work, but I haven't used it in a few years.

Hello, it be very usefull info but i have few question.
1)How i can search 6 link with colors that i need, for example i find that i can find 6link ".-.-.-.-.-.", and i can to set socket color variants by [rgb](for each color one char) at all positions except first - ".-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]". Is that way to say that i want 3r 2b 1g socket in any order????
2)How can i find cluster jewels with 3 notable passives???
I try quantificators for these two problem but it didnt work.
How cant i tell that i want hightlight cluster with 3 word combination "Passive Skill is"
"
d3xtra2848 wrote:

1)How i can search 6 link with colors that i need, for example i find that i can find 6link ".-.-.-.-.-.", and i can to set socket color variants by [rgb](for each color one char) at all positions except first - ".-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]". Is that way to say that i want 3r 2b 1g socket in any order????
How cant i tell that i want hightlight cluster with 3 word combination "Passive Skill is"

To the first one... why do you want to search for a 6L with the colors that you need? Colors are *very* easy to fix in most circumstances. The only time I can think of it truly mattering is if you are looking for a Skin of the Loyal or Skin of the Lords (they have "sockets cannot be modified"), but even corrupted items are easy to recolor if you have the delve socket color recipes on your crafting bench.

I ask this question because it is easier to recolor an item than it is to search for a 6L with specific colors. Unless those specific colors are "all sockets are blue" or whatever.

You could technically do it with an OR statement, but it would be very long. Might test whether the filter has a character limit.

As to the second question, there is a way to search for repeats of the same pattern. I don't remember it off the top of my head, but if you google for something like "Regex find 3 repeats of same pattern" or whatever, you'll probably find your answer.

There is TONS of info on Regex out there if you just google for it. It's widely used in many different tech careers.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
d3xtra2848 wrote:

To the first one... why do you want to search for a 6L with the colors that you need? Colors are *very* easy to fix in most circumstances. The only time I can think of it truly mattering is if you are looking for a Skin of the Loyal or Skin of the Lords (they have "sockets cannot be modified"), but even corrupted items are easy to recolor if you have the delve socket color recipes on your crafting bench.

I ask this question because it is easier to recolor an item than it is to search for a 6L with specific colors. Unless those specific colors are "all sockets are blue" or whatever.

You could technically do it with an OR statement, but it would be very long. Might test whether the filter has a character limit.

As to the second question, there is a way to search for repeats of the same pattern. I don't remember it off the top of my head, but if you google for something like "Regex find 3 repeats of same pattern" or whatever, you'll probably find your answer.

There is TONS of info on Regex out there if you just google for it. It's widely used in many different tech careers.

I already use google and try to find way to do this, but cant find info that would work.I think may be not full regex supported in game. I do this:
1)Open poe trade official and press "copy item" button
2)then at site regex insert item description and do regex that will find all 3 passives for examples
3)copy filter in game and it not work(((

If someone have time please help me.
For example typical item from TB
"
Item Class: Jewel
Rarity: Rare
Carrion Joy
Large Cluster Jewel
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
Adds 8 Passive Skills (enchant)
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets (enchant)
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Lightning Damage (enchant)
--------
10% chance to Avoid being Frozen (implicit)
--------
Added Small Passive Skills also grant: +3 to Dexterity
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is Scintillating Idea
1 Added Passive Skill is Storm Drinker
--------
Place into an allocated Large Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Added passives do not interact with jewel radiuses. Right click to remove from the Socket.

On site with regex online i use this Regex
"
((^.+Skill is.+$)\n){3}

And it work(i copy few items but only one response on my requirements)
But when i enter regex in game it dint work after \n, i think few reason for this can be:
1)i dont understand how item description look on TB in original
2)regex in game dont support \n and other.
I test and
"
{3}
quntificators works
"
d3xtra2848 wrote:

"
((^.+Skill is.+$)\n){3}

But when i enter regex in game it dint work after \n, i think few reason for this can be:
I test and
"
{3}
quntificators works

Like I said, there are lots of different implementations of Regex, and they each have their quirks.

The two most likely candidates for the problem are the + and the \n.

The + character is treated specially in PoE because people complained that they couldn't search for quality with "+2" and such anymore.

Try putting a backslash in front of the plus, or just use * instead.

The expression also should work without the end of line anchor and the newline.

Did you try just "(Skill is){3}" (EDIT: This won't work, I did not recall that the curly braces are for repeats... e.g. "(this){3}" matches "thisthisthis" but doesn't match "this this that this"

I haven't found anything that does work for this yet.

EDIT 2: It appears we have no way to match the newline character, and that makes it impossible to match specifically things that occur on different lines, as far as I can tell.

EDIT 3: The {3} quantifier doesn't always work correctly. For example, ("skill is.*$"){3} (or any even ("skill is.*$"){7}) will match any cluster jewel with one or more notables. Which is *not* correct unless I'm missing something pretty major.
Last edited by QQPQ on Jun 17, 2021, 10:16:39 PM
RegEx, great news, thanks for all the examples 🙂
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
d3xtra2848 wrote:

"
((^.+Skill is.+$)\n){3}

I test and
"
{3}
quntificators works

Like I said, there are lots of different implementations of Regex, and they each have their quirks.

The two most likely candidates for the problem are the + and the \n.

The + character is treated specially in PoE because people complained that they couldn't search for quality with "+2" and such anymore.

Try putting a backslash in front of the plus, or just use * instead.

The expression also should work without the end of line anchor and the newline.

Did you try just "(Skill is){3}" (EDIT: This won't work, I did not recall that the curly braces are for repeats... e.g. "(this){3}" matches "thisthisthis" but doesn't match "this this that this"

I haven't found anything that does work for this yet.

EDIT 2: It appears we have no way to match the newline character, and that makes it impossible to match specifically things that occur on different lines, as far as I can tell.

EDIT 3: The {3} quantifier doesn't always work correctly. For example, ("skill is.*$"){3} (or any even ("skill is.*$"){7}) will match any cluster jewel with one or more notables. Which is *not* correct unless I'm missing something pretty major.

I ask GGG support for my question about cluster with 3 passives and 6link with counts of color and get this answer lol)
"Thank you for all of your patience here. We have heard back from the relevant team member and unfortunately this is not information we are able to provide. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info