[3.14] 10M+ DPS Earthshatter Facebreaker Crit Champion

Hello and welcome!

This is a guide for my Slam Champion that I used to get #10 overall on the Ultimatum SC trade ladder with and #1 Champion.

It's a very well rounded build, good for both bossing and mapping. Its not the fastest build in the game, and warcry builds can sometimes feel abit clunky because there are a lot of buttons to press. But alas its a very strong build and worth the effort!

Starting out I used a pretty standard EQ champ build that has been around for the last few leagues.
It's not exactly an ideal build for party play, but its very strong and reliable early on with almost no gear so I decided it would be a pretty good league starter. And by playing a lot and pushing hard with my team we managed to get me to #10 level 100 overall.

I then later on decided to try Facebreaker + Rigwald's Curse because of the new addition of Tainted Oil allowing us to anoint talismans. Aswell as seeing that the standard slam champion build a lot of people were playing earlier now lacked quite abit of endgame damage scaling without Berserk because of the Chainbreaker nerf, aswell as the Seismic Cry nerf.


I personally prefer Earthshatter for bossing, but you can use either ES or EQ, and EQ together with Call of Steel is really good for clearing maps and Ultimatums.

I've cleared Awakener 8, Uber Elder, The Maven and The Feared. Died a few times vs The Feared, and also Maven because I suck at the memory game :D But I did the other ones deathless, so provided you have good enough gear you shouldn't have too much of a problem with any bosses.

Video Guide https://youtu.be/F72jRYwtYO0

PoB https://pastebin.com/Wefk9qGG

The PoB includes leveling trees aswell as a tree for using Axes

Help Alira for bandits, kill all if using Axe and RT

Uniques
Spoiler
Facebreaker is of course the most important item, and you want to try to get Vulnerability on hit as a corruption on it, if you can't, then try to get it from a warlord ring. Rigwald's Curse is what lets us be able to crit and scale with claw modifiers, and you want to anoint it with True Strike or Tenacity. Lycosidae lets us ignore having to think about getting accuracy on gear, but if you can get 100% chance to hit without it, it is replaceable. Ryslatha's Coil gives us an insane amount of damage, if you can't afford it use Soul Tether or a rare Sygian vise


Rares
Spoiler
Stacking Flat physical damage to attacks is how we scale damage with Facebreaker so you definately want to be using steel rings. Other than that you also want Fortify effect on your helm which is a crusader mod, and 80% Chance to avoid ailments, and another 20% from the tree. +1 fissures to ES is nice but not needed.


Flasks
Spoiler
If you can't afford Bottled Faith, use a Quartz Flask instead. Sometimes you want to be using a Quartz Flask instead of the Quicksilver aswell, phasing is really handy for ultimatums and alot of mapping situations and can even be a better choice than Bottled Faith at times for going fast. If you dont have ailment immunity on your gear, you need freeze removal on a flask, if you do have immunity you just need Curse and Bleed removal.


Gem Links
Spoiler
If you want to use Earthquake instead, replace Melee Physical with Less Duration support, and Lancing Steel/Any steel skill instead of Precision or alternatively Flame Dash/Smoke Mine if you don't want to use 2 movement skills. Smoke Mine is only used as a movement speed booster and Precision only gives us a bit of crit since we don't benefit from accuracy.

If you play EQ you also want to be using Lord of Steel in one of your jewel slots, with increased Area of Effect and Use Speed.


Passive Tree
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Last edited by Frost666 on Apr 26, 2021, 8:50:37 AM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2021, 11:03:09 PM
Why pick the manaleech node for 4 and not the jewelslot for 2? You can get manaleech + damage for less points. I also don't see much of any damage at all.
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Apr 25, 2021, 12:36:56 AM
It's actually 1 point for mana leech because he's going for wind dancer and claw nodes anyway.

Also, it's facebreaker build. You don't need much damage from tree. You get a fuck ton of damage from flat phys on equips.
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
Why pick the manaleech node for 4 and not the jewelslot for 2? You can get manaleech + damage for less points. I also don't see much of any damage at all.
The node is nice for mana leech and also life leech for when you dont always keep up blood rage during boss fights. As I mention in the video its probably a good idea to remove the ev/life node + one node from the scion wheel to take the jewel slot, I just havent bothered buying another good jewel yet, its in the PoB aswell. And as AsceticPOE mentioned, I'm pathing that way for Wind Dancer, ailment avoidance and claw nodes anyway and the flat phys from gear is more than enough "generic" damage scaling.
Last edited by Frost666 on Apr 25, 2021, 4:38:39 AM
Hey Frost, I supposed you went for Alira as Bandit ? Great build btw !
Have play this game for the past year and a half. Pretty decent add-on.
"
Nichot wrote:
Hey Frost, I supposed you went for Alira as Bandit ? Great build btw !
Hey, yeah thats correct, added that to the section above now aswell. If you are planning on using axes and resolute technique before going facebreaker crit you can kill all and then change later.
"
Frost666 wrote:
"
Nichot wrote:
Hey Frost, I supposed you went for Alira as Bandit ? Great build btw !
Hey, yeah thats correct, added that to the section above now aswell. If you are planning on using axes and resolute technique before going facebreaker crit you can kill all and then change later.


Thanks for the quick answer, I'm loving it so far !! Only downside is trying to get a hold of that Ryslatha ! haha if you everfound a couple of extra , hit me up ;) hahahaha
Have play this game for the past year and a half. Pretty decent add-on.
Pantheon : Lunaris and Gruthkul ?
Have play this game for the past year and a half. Pretty decent add-on.
Great tanky build again man this guy made a champion frost blade lvl100 last league so you should have no issue with survivability if you follow this guy trust me
"
Nichot wrote:
Pantheon : Lunaris and Gruthkul ?
I think pantheons are gonna depend alot on what content you are doing but either lunaris or solaris and usually shakari or abberath, I usually dont find myself needing more phys damage reduction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info