Development Stories: Path of Exile 2 Narrative Design Philosophies

The core of this game "to me" IS the Lore...you have worked hard these past years to build it up to live on...that's a good thing!

Sin & Innocents MUST return in some form, by game play or Lore itself, to find out what happened on Innocents journey south on his Pilgrimage...MUST!! Sin could show us in an epic quest perhaps! They were brothers from the same womb!

And the beloved Eramus, this ole time is fascinating, great voice, pleasing to listen to...He would be a great introduction "anywhere"...MUST!

Siosa in the Library is absolutely an untapped resource! He could expand our knowledge as well...

Lady Dialla...I dream of being her "Lovely UnBug" As "her mouth spins like a potters wheel"!

Kitava early years, when he tried his elders with his gluttony, his greed, his relentless appetite!

Let Weylan sail the seven seas! Like barnacles on me arse!!

Heist MUST prevail, more the better! Venedari and Niles, Lovely & Lovely! As the gemling Queen would say!
"
Jinnigan wrote:
Also Malachi's gotta show back up at least once right?? For one of the most smartest and powerful dudes in the POE1 campaign it's odd that you kill him once and then he just... stays dead...?

Imo, Malachai should be like the Dracula of Castlevania series but for poe, it has potential to keep evolving

After act 5, the game went bananas regarding lore, with the pantheon and gods stuff...
I'd like to learn more about those weird researchers trying to make Replica Uniques. I also wonder how Grigor's doing!

I've also been very curious if a script was ever written for the player characters for Acts 5-10. I've always been terribly curious of how Marauder would feel about killing Tukohama, or Templar killing Innocence, and others. If there's anything like that out there, would you ever be willing to share it in some form?
Heidi O'Loughlin for witch's voice in PoE2!
My favorite places is a dark forests, incursion theme, ghostflame/spectre/undead theme and I like Catarina and Oshabi.

Whole Oriath's "Nazi" theme is breaking my immersion and feels alien.
I hate Einar's personality with passion.
I really miss character voce lines in later acts. I wish that all monologues was more serious not a stupid bravadas from hollywood 90's.

And remember The Rule: more shit talking - less immersion in the hopeless, grim and dark feeling!
SSF only
I would love to visit Lioneye's Watch 20 years after Kitava fell, and see how it changed, if it expanded, was abandoned, ruined, whatever. The place is iconique
Einhar, Beastmaster and his Origins :D
"
Arterton wrote:

I hate Einar's personality with passion.

"You know, Einhar usually likes when people put their heart into something. Like my friend! He used to be the best blacksmith in all of Ezomyr. So it was only a matter of time before I asked him to join me on my hunts to revere the First Ones. But for no reason, he started to attack me instead! Einhar did not understand why his good friend did that! Arterton reminds me of my old friend. I love passion, but I do not love Arterton."
Last edited by Juicebox360 on Apr 23, 2021, 2:56:37 AM
I would like the elder seal to be broken on POE 2, and in this way would connect the past of POE 1 with the current POE 2.
seems good
Even though I've stepped away from the game from time to time, I still believe that GGG is one of the best game companies ATM. When ya'll gave streamers queue-prio the other day I got a little worried, BUT at least you admitted fault and reasoning to the playerbase. That was the right move.

To me Path of Exile has always felt like it was in a "test state" ... constantly improving and being iterated on. (I mean that with no disrespect)

Upon seeing footage of Path of Exile 2 I feel like we're finally starting to see the real polished goal that was intended from the start. I'm super-hyped about it.

The footage and systems info I've seen give me that triple A vibe.

Seeing the game evolve over time for the better has been very interesting.

Keep up the good work, ya'll killin it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info