[3.14] Gryph's Bloody Mistress - Exsanguinate Scion - League Starter/EZ Mode Ultimatums

"
brochata wrote:
This has been my favorite write up for an exsang build so far! Loving how many different directions people are taking this skill. I dipped my toe into low life, but had some gear drops that pushed me back into the full-life direction.

What are your thoughts on Kaom's Roots? I'm going full life and glad/trickster, so there's even less pressure on gem slots. But it feels pretty good, especially since we've got shield charge and flame dash at our disposal.

Thanks again for the write up, will be checking this thread out and dropping into the stream sometime!

Thanks! I'm actively working on it right now too! Just added tid bit about petrified blood and some gear updates. JUST finished a how-to crafting guide on making a +2 Amulet with Phys DoT Multiplier. Working on Wand and Chest after this.

Regarding Kaom's Roots:

They're good for life and that's about it. :D

We are 3 points away from Unwavering stance and already have 20% stun avoidance from tree. We can get 80% stun Avoidance if you killed recently from boot enchant from eternal lab to get stun immunity for when it matters.

Movement speed helps shield charge immensely and I love me some 4 sockets to use. :D

The advantage of course is getting the "Cannot be slowed below base speed" which is situationally great and a consideration for Uber Elder fight in particular.

I've finished writing up a section in the guide about going low life. It's not something that NEEDS to be done but it is great for damage and insane recovery from overleech.

Personally, of the 2nd viable ascendancy options available Trickster is my least favorite. It has good tree position and frenzy charge generation on kill and that's about it. I would rather take Raider for frenzy charges, movement speed, phasing, and onslaught. Just my 2 cents though
So I switched over to LL self-cast and I might want to go back to spellsling just because the cast speed feels bad. I'm going to test with some cast speed jewels and maybe gear and see where it starts feeling good, but yeahhhhh...it does feel pretty bad as you said.
I understood the part of the leech and the need to reserve a little less than 50% of life, but that does not mean that we are no longer low life and can not use "Pain Attunement", because as I see it, low life is 50% or more of life reserved.

I really need the guide to craft the wand =D
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
AgentAriGold wrote:
"
3L Weapon
Desecrate - Bone Offering - Stone Golem
*Desecrate MUST come first in socket order for Bone Offering to proc properly.
*Stone Golem can be anything you would otherwise prefer. Flex Slot (tempest shield for example)

does desecrate trigger bone offering? or what exactly do u mean with "proc properly", i still dont understand that bone offering skill 100%, maybe thats why im confused here, but as far as i understand it: we have to cast desecrate manually, then cast bone offering to get the buff for blocking?

Ah, sorry I should have been more clear with the weapon here. Will fix in my edits

3 socket TRIGGER weapon.

You don't have to self cast it. just put Desecrate above Bone Offering so that it triggers from the wand before bone offering (to give you corpses to consume)

thanks for the explanation, now it makes more sense, keep up the great work, appreciate ur time:)
"
Chronett wrote:
I understood the part of the leech and the need to reserve a little less than 50% of life, but that does not mean that we are no longer low life and can not use "Pain Attunement", because as I see it, low life is 50% or more of life reserved.

Petrified blood prevents us from going above 50% life. 50%=Low Life. Thus we are always on low life. we need to reserve slightly LESS than 50% to prevent life leech from stopping.

Wand is next, I needed to take a break I've been writing and tweaking all day. XD
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Chronett wrote:

Petrified blood prevents us from going above 50% life. 50%=Low Life. Thus we are always on low life. we need to reserve slightly LESS than 50% to prevent life leech from stopping.

Wand is next, I needed to take a break I've been writing and tweaking all day. XD

OMG I was reserving 50% life. The difference is GIGANTIC LOL. Thanks A TON for the very through explanation on OP.
"
xikorita wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Chronett wrote:

OMG I was reserving 50% life. The difference is GIGANTIC LOL. Thanks A TON for the very through explanation on OP.

Ha nice!

I have finished the amulet and wand crafting guides! Check it out!

Also putting Maim onto Shield Charge instead of faster attacks is a solid way to get another 10-12% more damage on the build. Can attach it to Herald of Purity if you have reduced mana reservation from a Circle of Guilt or helmet enchant as well.

Also, added a new video for a T12 showcase with Asenath's Gloves.
https://youtu.be/CvW-hSAJm4I
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Apr 22, 2021, 11:57:01 PM
Would this build works on a Trickster? I've started the league with a similar build on Trickster but I'm considering rerolling to Scion since so far its been working kind of ok but I feel incredibly squishy getting blasted in vaaled red maps.
Last edited by Zealism on Apr 23, 2021, 8:14:29 AM
About the cluster jewels. From the wiki unnerve doesn't apply to dots. There is even a session:

"Unnerve does not increase damage over time taken, even if the damage is from a spell which applies spell damage modifiers to its damage over time effect.[1]"

On the items on the low life version (which I think is superior) you can use lori lantern and the daresso shield. Very cheap items to have survival.

I did manage so far sirus 8, Catarina ilv83, elder, multiple guardians. But I did so mainly with damage everywhere and not the low life version.

I have seen your video and to people that like zoom zoom you can do smoke mine and just fly through maps using exsanguinate. That is what I did. Very ver fast mapper that way (because I had the damage, 1 tap trash mobs at t16).

Also o realized that pride needs you to be very near the boss for a long time. I just replaced with malevolence for the guaranteed true dps (although on conquerors/synthesis bosses pride is better).

I did one large cluster with the mage defenses/block and will do another large with damage from phys with more phys medium to have more damage.

As the skill/mechanic is still new it is very underwhelming to spend a ton to improve the damage and the number doesn't go that much up.

On links, before you have frenzy on ring (from veiled chaos orb for instance) and lots of cast speed you will actually deal more damage if you use unleash because it will max the exsanguinate stacks faster. Think sirus that you can't stand still and cast it 3 times. Unleash is better true dps there.

Suberb crafting guide. I am in awe. You explain mechanics very well and the crafting guide is great. Thanks for the guide.

"
Zealism wrote:
Would this build works on a Trickster? I've started the league with a similar build on Trickster but I'm considering rerolling to Scion since so far its been working kind of ok but I feel incredibly squishy getting blasted in vaaled red maps.

nice thing about scion is you have all those juicy life nodes next to your start. and the whole block bit as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info