20 Users Banned for Exploit Abuse

[Removed by Support]

I can count on multiple hands the number of exact same exploits that have been found league after league, abused by a ton of players, and just fixed by GGG when they found out without anyone getting banned. All the way back to the crazy vacuum looting from the Torment League, to the crazy watchstone exploits from last league. Streamers have ALWAYS ubiquitously shared the crazy explois/bugs/unintended lootsplosions with players and have NEVER been banned for them before. Just look at cute dog videos from the last DECADE. There are a ton of them featuring exploits and "unintended" gameplay that were later fixed by GGG with no bans.

This is 100% a publicity stunt. They knew people were pissed at [Removed by Support], pissed at GGG, pissed at the state of the game so they tried to find a way to show the players they "care" about them. Bull

This game's sole focus (now without harvest) is LOOT. A player or team of players finds a way to get a LOT of loot and they are supposed to IGNORE IT? WHAAAAAAT. The sheer fact that they were caught through their twitch streams shows that they effectively DID report the bug to GGG. If I were them and I probably will in the future, if there was a way to make a ton of currency fast I would keep doing it until the game stops it from happening. This was new league content! GGG screws up the ONLY new mechanic in their league and players get punished? NO way
Last edited by Al_GGG on Apr 20, 2021, 8:35:20 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I can count on multiple hands the number of exact same exploits that have been found league after league, abused by a ton of players, and just fixed by GGG when they found out without anyone getting banned. All the way back to the crazy vacuum looting from the Torment League, to the crazy watchstone exploits from last league. Streamers have ALWAYS ubiquitously shared the crazy explois/bugs/unintended lootsplosions with players and have NEVER been banned for them before. Just look at cute dog videos from the last DECADE. There are a ton of them featuring exploits and "unintended" gameplay that were later fixed by GGG with no bans.

This is 100% a publicity stunt. They knew people were pissed at [Removed by Support], pissed at GGG, pissed at the state of the game so they tried to find a way to show the players they "care" about them. Bull

This game's sole focus (now without harvest) is LOOT. A player or team of players finds a way to get a LOT of loot and they are supposed to IGNORE IT? WHAAAAAAT. The sheer fact that they were caught through their twitch streams shows that they effectively DID report the bug to GGG. If I were them and I probably will in the future, if there was a way to make a ton of currency fast I would keep doing it until the game stops it from happening. This was new league content! GGG screws up the ONLY new mechanic in their league and players get punished? NO way

He she be punished for freedom of speech? People are too soft. Dude apologized probably because of method and donated money to charity. He said nothing illegal or against TOS on twitch or poe.
GGG: "Screw you plebs, we only care about the streamers"

GGG: "Oh people got angry...hmmm how can we fix this...<bans the streamers for something that has been done for YEARS with no punishments>....wait wait wait see we don't only care about the streamers! We banned them for playing the game!"

Pathetic.

@hax: not punished for freedom of speech. He was being paid by GGG to promote the game to the very people he insulted. GGG is a private company and should have done something about that, just like how a teacher can be fired from their job for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Our posts get censored and edited all the time when we say something even slightly bad about or to someone else. What he said was absolutely against their ToS
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 20, 2021, 8:38:37 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
@hax: not punished for freedom of speech. He was being paid by GGG to promote the game to the very people he insulted. GGG is a private company and should have done something about that, just like how a teacher can be fired from their job for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Our posts get censored and edited all the time when we say something even slightly bad about or to someone else. What he said was absolutely against their ToS

So you have read the contract and can confirm he can't say what he wants on his own stream? And no one came out and said that [Removed by Support] got banned. I know people like shroud and a few other high streamers got paid. I doubt that any poe streamer that is going to stream anyway got paid or paid enough to where they would instate said clause in the contract. This is nothing more than GGG trying to get the red off their faces after the embarrassing launch. 13 hours to find a page issue with DB?...
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Apr 20, 2021, 10:52:47 PM
Nice PR stunt.

I've always been a fan of pretty much every GGG decision, but this I can't understand...

Banning the whole group for "exploiting" loot, when that's what everyone is trying to do when juicing maps. Also they were the ones testing and doing the bug reports, so they find the exploit, report it and get banned?

I've been looking at the twitch vod for +1h and, yes it's crazy loot, but it's not that much different from other "intended mechanics" that then get nerfed next league, or just hotfixed.
Last edited by Xoseee on Apr 20, 2021, 9:26:37 PM
Oh FFS.

GGG isn't the government. "Free speech" doesn't apply.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
eralduspr wrote:
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
If you uncover an exploit in Path of Exile and abuse it for your benefit, we will ban you.

The usual problem with it :
We are suppose to use any mechanic of the game for our benefit.
How to know if something is intended, or is an exploit ?

Pretty sure anyone with a speck of common sense can tell when a mechanic is working as intended and when it's an exploit.

Harvest crafting was exploiting the tag system to target craft mods.
Exploite the possibility in a game is what we are suppose to do.
Last edited by GKPlight on Apr 20, 2021, 9:44:49 PM
Precisely @NoIguana. It has nothing to do with free speech and frankly nothing to do with their ToS either. It would simply be the right thing to do for a company to take a stand against a popular advertiser who is badmouthing their own stakeholders. But GGG remained silent and instead doubled down on this random banning fiasco to save face.
Well done. Well done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info