Tremor Rod and You: Why using any other mine that is not Pyroclasm Mine is killing your sequences

"
Stardark88 wrote:
any updates?
If this is working as intended it would be nice to hear it from official side so we can scrub the build and move on.

We have checked with the design team and the way things currently work is intended.
We don't have any plans to change things mid-league.

Edit: As far as we can tell, nothing has changed with how Mines work since the re-work took place(patch 3.8.0).
We have re-opened this thread to discuss the problem further.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on May 3, 2021, 12:03:49 AM
"
As far as we can tell, nothing has changed with how Mines work since the re-work took place(patch 3.8.0).

This isn't a problem with mines in general. The big hint to that fact would be the first two words of the the thread being "TREMOR ROD".

This is a problem, specifically, with Tremor Rod. When using Tremor Rod (read: not all mines), the chain of detonations that previously and (per the description of blastchain mine support) should happen, randomly stops between 2 and 5 mine detonations in.

Here is your test scenario:

Equip a Tremor Rod with any non-Pyroclasm Mine spell, and Swift Assembly. Then, place the maximum number of mines on the ground (19). Then, hit Detonate Mines EXACTLY ONE TIME.

What should happen is that all 19 mines detonate, twice. You should see 19 detonations happen, and as they're happening, mines are reaming, and after their rearming period, they detonate again, for a total of 38 detonations.

What actually happens is that you hit Detonate Mines, and between 2 and 5 mines will actually detonate, and then the detonation chain stops.

This is unique to Tremor Rod because Tremor Rod specifically allows mines to detonate twice. I believe the issue is that when the first 2-5 mines detonate, they go off fine, but when those first few mines begin rearming to detonate a second time (because of how Tremor Rod works), they are somehow interrupting the original chain of mines. This is purely a hunch based on testing, but that seems to be what's happening.

edit: I should note that all of my testing has been with Tremor Rod. I have not tested with Blastchain Mine on its own.
Last edited by warpg8 on May 3, 2021, 12:52:27 AM
does mana cost and reservation rework indirectly affect it?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Stardark88 wrote:
any updates?
If this is working as intended it would be nice to hear it from official side so we can scrub the build and move on.

We have checked with the design team and the way things currently work is intended.

Edit: As far as we can tell, nothing has changed with how Mines work since the re-work took place(patch 3.8.0).

If it's intended why wasn't it in the patch notes? This isn't how Tremor Rod worked in 3.13. Not the first time you've introduced build-breaking bugs which ruin people's league start experience. At least take the time to actually read the OP instead of giving a generic "working as intended" response without even understanding the issue.
From what people are saying, it appears that with Tremor Rod the mine detonation logic has changed from always picking an armed mine, to being able to randomly pick a rearming mine that is not armed and ending the chain.

However, I have been unable to replicate this personally.

I think the people experiencing the issue need to give specific info for:

Skill
Cast Speed
Detonation Speed
I don't know if this was happening as it is in this video pre-3.14, but we all definitely need clarification on if it's intended that detonating a sequence of mines in reverse order slows down the detonation sequence:

https://www.reddit.com/user/daman4567/comments/mvrftl/video_of_blazing_salvo_mine_testing/

/r/pathofexile/comments/mu79gu/tremor_rod_and_you_2_pyroclastic_bogaloo/gvdrocv/

(the forum truncates the second link, it's also from reddit and links to my comment comparing the detonation sequences I took video of)
Last edited by daman4567 on May 3, 2021, 6:31:34 AM
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Stardark88 wrote:
any updates?

It's clearly not working as intended, unless your intention changed from 3.13 without telling people, or it was unintentional back then and is now the correct way.

Either way it should be informed before the league starts and it should have a quicker response. This basically destroyed a lot of people build's, with no way of knowing before, the build worked one way in 3.13 now it doesn't.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
"
Stardark88 wrote:
any updates?

LMAOOOOO this is 100% not how Tremor Rod is supposed to work. Something just feels really off.
gimme money bitch
Last edited by Atlantae on May 3, 2021, 7:04:36 AM
FWIW I've had this happen to me last league. I enjoyed the new mines a lot and consequently went Pyroclast Mines in Blight, but never played them with tremor rod and instead invested a lot of currency in +1 wands with extra chaos and crit. Did the same in Metamorph with GC mines. In 3.13 I wanted to try playing with a Tremor Rod but my chains never went through and so I thought it was either bugged or I was doing something wrong. So maybe it's something that changed through something else like throwing speed?
guess we get to wait another 2 years until some dev accidently finds the change that caused this 'nonexistent' issue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info