Tremor Rod and You: Why using any other mine that is not Pyroclasm Mine is killing your sequences

Yesterday i tested how mines being rearmed by Tremor Rod were sometimes breaking its sequence. Here you can read it on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mtsju0/tremor_rod_and_you_why_using_any_other_mine_that/

My conclusion at that time was that Pyroclast Mines didn't have a Rearm Animation, and could be detonated immidiately creating long chains naturally. I was wrong, and after reading This comment from Tim_GGG i decided to do further testing.

Today i published another post on Reddit further testing, and i've come to the conclusion that rearmed mines must go through two periods of time before being able to be detonated by another mine recently detonated, however they can be detonated manually and they can detonate recently placed mines.

Specifically:

When a mine that has recently been detonated and is in the Refractory Period is detonated manually, it cannot triger another mine that has been recently detonated and also is in the Refractory Period.

Here we can see this:

1. Two mines are placed
2. One mine is detonated, starting a sequence
3. All mines are now detonated, and are in the Rearm Animation Period
4. The first mine in the sequence is done with the Rearm Animation Period. It passes to the Refractory Period.
5. The second mine in the sequence is done with the Rearm Animation Period. It passes to the Refractory Period.
6. The first mine recieves a manual signal to be detonated, by the player, before it can pass into the Normal Period.
7. Some miliseconds pass
8. The first mine is detonated. The second mine, however, is still in the Refractory Period and cannot accept a Detonation order from a mine that was detonated within its Refractory Period.
9. The chain breaks. Only the first mine is detonated.

A complete explanation can be found in the Reddit post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/mu79gu/tremor_rod_and_you_2_pyroclastic_bogaloo/

I'd consider this a bug, since mines should become available to all Detonation signals after being rearmed, and the current interactions means that most mines cannot become rearmed fast enough to be detonated by what should be a viable detonation signal, since they have to go through this second Refractory Period.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on May 3, 2021, 12:02:22 AM
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2021, 4:30:02 AM
bump
+
waiting for fix :(
GGG, fix it please
Holy Kuduku show me the way!
Would be nice with a fix for this.
Very well written. Also there's a video of Path of Math clearly showing the difference on the same character before and after the patch on Maven fight with blazing salvo mines. This should be fixed.
I was about to say what is with the damage for Blazing Salvo when I saw Reddit post and this one here.

GGG please fix this bug.
Yeah, pretty random explosions from mines, that's makes ultimatum more difficuls. Pls fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards
Bump. GGG pls fix

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info