[3.14] Devon's Infernal Reaper | Fire Conversion Reap Chieftain | Work in progress!

Hey i'm using your build for now, you should really try spell cascade make the skill much more nice to play
"
Hawik wrote:
Hey i'm using your build for now, you should really try spell cascade make the skill much more nice to play

Just tried it out and you're absolutely right :D
Much better than increased AoE I'd say. I'll put it inside the PoB and everywhere. I'll try to update the guide as much as possible in an hour or so. I just got to maps and I'm still playing. Trying out a lot of stuff.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Playing this, havin fun so far
Have you tried, Intensify? with Intensity. I stacked every AoE node I could find, used Cascade with Intensify to make map clearing a breeze, the damage wasn't bad vs bosses, however.....

They need to change the name of Reap to "Broken Windscreen Wiper" cause the hitbox on Reap is a joke and misses half the mobs even with insane AoE. I've switched until I can farm out much better gear as I can't see this doing well vs high-end Ultimatum.

"
saizosol wrote:
Have you tried, Intensify? with Intensity. I stacked every AoE node I could find, used Cascade with Intensify to make map clearing a breeze, the damage wasn't bad vs bosses, however.....

They need to change the name of Reap to "Broken Windscreen Wiper" cause the hitbox on Reap is a joke and misses half the mobs even with insane AoE. I've switched until I can farm out much better gear as I can't see this doing well vs high-end Ultimatum.

Yeah the skill benefits a lot from aoe and overlapping from cascade and that's why I think it's bad with Intensify. I have yet to use carcass jack to see it's full potential. One more option I'm considering is awakened spell cascade.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"
devon752 wrote:
"
saizosol wrote:

Yeah the skill benefits a lot from aoe and overlapping from cascade and that's why I think it's bad with Intensify. I have yet to use carcass jack to see it's full potential. One more option I'm considering is awakened spell cascade.

Hey, any chance you can explain why Intensify is bad? I'm personally trying to figure out a Zerker build for Reap, but honestly when it comes to Spell builds I'm utter crap at making them, always done CoC or Melee builds.
"
saizosol wrote:
Hey, any chance you can explain why Intensify is bad? I'm personally trying to figure out a Zerker build for Reap, but honestly when it comes to Spell builds I'm utter crap at making them, always done CoC or Melee builds.

Well still needs a bit more testing but the problem with intensify is that it reduces the AoE of the skill for something like 15% less aoe per intensify (which is quite a bit) and this skill has a small area to begin with.
This reduces the overlaps from Reap. More overlaps = more damage, ideally you'd go for 3 overlaps with a carcass jack in palce and 20%q reap and 20%q spell cascade.
After you have all of that and all of the aoe nodes that I took it should get to 3 overlaps (5 with awakened spell cascade).
That's the main reason.
Last edited by devon752 on Apr 20, 2021, 7:40:58 AM
Just below 80 now with the build, damage is feeling great but I can't help to feel extremely squishy atm.
"
devon752 wrote:
"
saizosol wrote:

Well still needs a bit more testing but the problem with intensify is that it reduces the AoE of the skill for something like 15% less aoe per intensify (which is quite a bit) and this skill has a small area to begin with.
This reduces the overlaps from Reap. More overlaps = more damage, ideally you'd go for 3 overlaps with a carcass jack in palce and 20%q reap and 20%q spell cascade.
After you have all of that and all of the aoe nodes that I took it should get to 3 overlaps (5 with awakened spell cascade).
That's the main reason.

Makes sense, I've somewhat given up on Reap as a self-cast build until I get Indigons, and my mana tank this league has not been good. The new Ultimatum is very rippy without a decent tank.
"
VeXSocks wrote:
Just below 80 now with the build, damage is feeling great but I can't help to feel extremely squishy atm.

So I was just playing around with a few things and I've been running CWDT - B. Lightning - GMP - Hextouch - Enfeeble in a 5L on my Carcass Jack and it has really been wonders for the Ultimatums, everything just getting cursed has really jumped me from barely being able to touch later stages to clearing them one and another.

If I 6L I'd add in Blind and still gives room for everything bar Enduring Cry/Wave so perhaps I could also not take the extra Endurance Charge nodes. I know it's less damage but so far damage hasn't been a problem at all with the rest of the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info