[3.14] Devon's Infernal Reaper | Fire Conversion Reap Chieftain | Work in progress!

"
VeXSocks wrote:
"
VeXSocks wrote:
Just below 80 now with the build, damage is feeling great but I can't help to feel extremely squishy atm.

So I was just playing around with a few things and I've been running CWDT - B. Lightning - GMP - Hextouch - Enfeeble in a 5L on my Carcass Jack and it has really been wonders for the Ultimatums, everything just getting cursed has really jumped me from barely being able to touch later stages to clearing them one and another.

If I 6L I'd add in Blind and still gives room for everything bar Enduring Cry/Wave so perhaps I could also not take the extra Endurance Charge nodes. I know it's less damage but so far damage hasn't been a problem at all with the rest of the build.

Looking at it all, mana is fine where I am at, so I can still run a cwdt, Enduring Cry in the same item with Zealotry and Petrified Blood, having to drop the skittybois, so I can still make use of the endurance charges and the final 2 ascendancy points.
"
VeXSocks wrote:
"
VeXSocks wrote:
"
VeXSocks wrote:
Just below 80 now with the build, damage is feeling great but I can't help to feel extremely squishy atm.

So I was just playing around with a few things and I've been running CWDT - B. Lightning - GMP - Hextouch - Enfeeble in a 5L on my Carcass Jack and it has really been wonders for the Ultimatums, everything just getting cursed has really jumped me from barely being able to touch later stages to clearing them one and another.

If I 6L I'd add in Blind and still gives room for everything bar Enduring Cry/Wave so perhaps I could also not take the extra Endurance Charge nodes. I know it's less damage but so far damage hasn't been a problem at all with the rest of the build.

Looking at it all, mana is fine where I am at, so I can still run a cwdt, Enduring Cry in the same item with Zealotry and Petrified Blood, having to drop the skittybois, so I can still make use of the endurance charges and the final 2 ascendancy points.

Just gonna not be dumb and remember Enduring Cry doesnt work off CWDT. Instead I've got for the 3 auras and level 3 Enlighten, with my Staff being the 5L curse on hit/hextouch setup I mentioned with Enduring Cry being alone in the final socket for ST.
So recently I've had a good few deaths and am starting to feel a bit too squishy again, not really sure where to go from my point to help with survivability.
"
VeXSocks wrote:
So recently I've had a good few deaths and am starting to feel a bit too squishy again, not really sure where to go from my point to help with survivability.

Yeah I will get back to this build in a few days. I have an idea on how to solve the survivability issues and I think it would be linking the staff to 6L and taking Kaom's heart.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
devon752 wrote:
"
VeXSocks wrote:

Yeah I will get back to this build in a few days. I have an idea on how to solve the survivability issues and I think it would be linking the staff to 6L and taking Kaom's heart.

Looked at this this morning, really see it being good and just got a 115 Fusing 6L for my staff so I can do some playing around tonight and tomorrow with the suggestions and report back if it helps.
"
VeXSocks wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:
"
VeXSocks wrote:

Looked at this this morning, really see it being good and just got a 115 Fusing 6L for my staff so I can do some playing around tonight and tomorrow with the suggestions and report back if it helps.

For sure man that would be of great help :D
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
So I've been playing this build now since about day 4 of the league, I'm not a new player but never really pushed passed tier 14-15 maps in a league, while this league I've tried Sirus once and actually looking to boss so I'm not the best person to rely on for information.

There have been a few 'survivability checkpoints' I've found with my experience of the build so I can talk about them. The first would be Kaom's Heart, massive increase in survivability boost, a lot of basic 1 shot's stopped happening when caught in something I shouldn't and the current league mechanic (Ultimatum) have become so much easier, however I think currently Im reserving only 49% of life which then wouldn't count as being low life, not sure what to change to fix this.

Cinderswallow is a joke for this league, the second you get it, ultimatums/free currency drops. Honestly the biggest survivability jump I've had in the build by far. I got mine before a Kaom's Heart and I most likely would do again for this league as your lower tier maps are easily doable without a Kaoms.

To wrap it up, a few notes I've had from playing the build for a while now.
- You can/should run a 6L chest with your staff, Cinderswallow etc before you move to Kaom's + 6L staff. The only places I really died were Ultimatums which you can skip/opt out of them when you are still sort of squishy.
- I went with 2 Bandit points which has made maxing my res's very hard with the dex needed too. If you can get the max res and use those 2 points for a good jewel I believe you are better off but it is a lot more expensive. This really gave me a sweet spot of level 93 instead of 95.
- Rumi's Concoction has been a wonderful help pre 6L+Kaom's, I'm still running it (perhaps due to my scrub skills) to help defensively.
- Doom Cast right now seems unnecessary for where I am, the damage melt's everything especially now with Bottled Faith I'm most likely changing to Discipline and Training.
- Chaos res is sort of low, Alira or even Purity of Elements to help with itemisation would probably be better unless you want to spend a few ex. Perhaps taking a life/chaos res passive over the 6% life would also work?

The build is very fun, it melt's through maps albeit if there was a touch more move speed that'd be neat, "bosses" have been pretty easy damage wise, and with everything in the build the survivability is pretty good. Currently I'd say my current build would cost around 20-25ex at the time of writing this but worth it, thanks for the guide :)
I'm currently experiencing something I can't quite figure out, when I log in, put all my aura's on im not on lowlife, however when i take off and re-equip my Kaom's heart my health is then lower and I'm suddenly on low life.

If I turn my aura's off then back on I also then am not considered at low life. If anyone with a bigger brain can help figure out what is happening that would be nice.

EDIT: Nvm Found the problem.
Last edited by VeXSocks on May 2, 2021, 5:59:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info