[3.14] Devon's Infernal Reaper | Fire Conversion Reap Chieftain | Work in progress!

3.14 Update Changes
------------------------------------------
- made the build :D
------------------------------------------

Pros
+ uses the new stuff! (Reap and Petrified blood low lifer)
+ decent damage
+ decent clear
+ cheap-ish to build
+ a lot of sustain

Cons
- not a starter
- squishy until you get most of your gear
- needs a lot of life

THE BUILD

How does it work?

I'm glad you asked! It uses the new skill Reap and converts 100% of it to Fire through the Chieftain ascendancy and some passives on the tree.
Using chieftain for:
- the Life regeneration procced by taking Physical (fire) damage
- utilizing the Fire leech for leech
- the really good damage buffs to everything Fire related

The Physical dot component of Reap is not lost but mostly stays as it is (might be scaled ever so slightly if I see the significance in damage done)

Went for critical strikes since the skill has a decent base crit of 6% and seems to have decent overall scaling.

The skill uses life which we're trying to regenerate and leech back as soon as possible.

The build reserves 50% of life for the constant "low life" proc and the utilization of "Pain attunement" and the amulet "Ngamahu Tiki" for the fire damage and regeneration.

The build also uses "Petrified Blood" to utilize our high regen and leech to negate half the damage done by postponing it as a DoT.

GIFs and Videos (3.11)

Boss1

Boss2

Leveling Showcase

Endgame Showcase

Path of Building - Pastabin

COMMUNITY FORK
1] https://pastebin.com/ZeE0bbYr (3.14, updated 07.05)
-changed a couple of nodes

Use this as much as you can, everything is inside. There are Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Endgame - 100", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I had and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with move speed, life and some resistances
- remember to keep looking for links and spell damage on wands
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it

Guide:

Spoiler
ACT 1

Use any melee weapons, I used two rare 1-handed axes because I like the added attack speed bonus of dual wielding. 2-handed weapons are fine as well though. Try to look for movement skill boots and look for life and resists on gear in general.
Make sure to keep upgrading your weapons when you feel like the damage is falling off. You can buy higher level weapons from vendors.

Main skill:
Molten Strike + Ancestral call + Ruthless
For killing stuff, can swap Ancestral call with Added fire on bosses.

Movement skill: Dash -> Flame Dash
For traversing gaps. Ask somebody to buy you flame dash if you want to have it sooner. Otherwise wait for Siosa in act3.

Auras: War Banner, Vitality.
Keep upgrading both auras.

Additional skills: Enduring cry, Steelskin
Enduring cry acts as a potion and generates endurance charges. Steelskin for protection. Make your Steelskin automatic by placing it on your movement button (mine is on left click).

ACT 2

Still using melee. Remember to look for upgrades at the vendor for weapons.
If you find a good wand keep it, you will need it for Reap later on in act3.

Main Skill:
Molten Strike + Ancestral call + Elemental Damage with Attacks
You get Elemental damage with Attacks when you defeat the big spider.
For killing stuff, can swap Ancestral call with Added fire on bosses.

Movement skill: Dash -> Flame Dash
For traversing gaps. Ask somebody to buy you flame dash if you want to have it sooner. Otherwise wait for Siosa in act3.

Auras: War Banner, Vitality, Herald of Ash.
Get Herald of Ash from the quest "Intruders in black"

ACT 3

Look for a 4L with 1 red and 3 blue colors (RBBB).
Going to be using melee until we defeat Gravicius and complete the Library quest.
After that pick up Reap and Petrified Blood from Clarissa and Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Faster casting, Flame dash and Arcane Surge from Siosa in Library.

Main Skill:
Molten Strike + Ancestral call + Elemental Damage with Attacks
or
Before killing Dominus you can have:
Reap + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Faster Casting

Movement skill: Flame Dash + Arcane Surge(lvl1)
Get it from Siosa.

Auras: Vitality, Herald of Ash

Passive Tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

Spoiler

Ascendancy

1.) Ngamahu
2.) Hinekora
3.) Tasalio
4.) Valako

Bandits

Alira - recommended

Kill all - alternative

Pantheon

BiS: Brine King + Ryslatha

Stun resistance on the Brine King pantheon until you get the unique belt Arn's Anguish and life flask generation from Ryslatha..

Alternative Lunaris + Gurukhan - Just for the move speed (gottagofast).

Shakari is great vs chaos and poison obv.
Gurukhan provides some weak evasion that's walled behind a "when you take a savage hit" condition but the movespeed is useful.
Grutkhul is somewhat consistent tankiness.

All Links

Gear

Early leveling gear
Spoiler

My Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Anointments:

Most Life:
Discipline and Training

Most Boss Damage:
Doom Cast

Honorable mentions:
Marked for Death, Heart of Oak, Herbalism.

My personal current achievements with the build:

[3.14 - Ultimatum]

lvl 90

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on May 7, 2021, 8:10:38 AM
Last bumped on May 2, 2021, 5:17:22 PM
Reserved.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Good day Sir, how about NON-crit version? with full convert via Avatar of Fire?

Best wishes!
Reserved.

Nice PoB
"
akarev0 wrote:
Good day Sir, how about NON-crit version? with full convert via Avatar of Fire?

Best wishes!

Hey man, it's also a viable option but I feel it doesn't have such scaling as the crit variant. I've been messing around with the non-crit version initially. You'd go with elemental overload instead.
Not HC viable?
"
Not HC viable?
I have no idea man. I need test the skills first and then I can let you know. This build intends to use the skills that were not even out until now.
Playing this build now so updates to the guide will be coming along as I level. ACT 1 guide is complete and PoB is updated!
I've gotten to the full fire conversion with the Ascend/Avatar of Fire, and it appears the Phys DoT portion of the skills (Exsanguinate and Reap) completely goes away.
"
MunkMunk wrote:
I've gotten to the full fire conversion with the Ascend/Avatar of Fire, and it appears the Phys DoT portion of the skills (Exsanguinate and Reap) completely goes away.

If you're using Avatar of fire ofc it does. But it was going to be very weak to begin with, 33k dps or something in PoB so understandable if it seems to not exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info