(3.16) NERFED DO NOT PLAY THIS Raider Archmage BF/BB [CHEAP, Tanky, HCSSF viable, (100m+ dps)

How well could you play this build on Scion rather than raider? I’m currently trying it and it’s pretty good dmg wise, clearing t16s and a8 sirus no problem. But my defenses and speed are pretty clearly lacking compared to raider. Currently using Pathfinder + Hierophant, any ideas on what I could change to make it better or should I just level a raider instead lol? Basically have all core items besides a wrath watchers eye
"
How well could you play this build on Scion rather than raider? I’m currently trying it and it’s pretty good dmg wise, clearing t16s and a8 sirus no problem. But my defenses and speed are pretty clearly lacking compared to raider. Currently using Pathfinder + Hierophant, any ideas on what I could change to make it better or should I just level a raider instead lol? Basically have all core items besides a wrath watchers eye

Well there isn't much you can do as a scion to become a raider or vice versa. Picking the Scion raider node isn't even really that good IMHO for this build. The elementalist node for Scion would work with maybe the heiro node best I would guess. Maybe elem/assassin if you go the crit route. The inq is also ok if you don't mind using a sulfur flask. You won't match the speed nor defenses of the raider as a scion. You can match the damage I would think. You'll have to use wave of conviction though.
"

Scion is at a direct disadvantage, not much you can do defensively compared to a raider.
Hey guys, sorry for the noob questions I just Started playing POE through PS4.

I follow the skill tree through POB so I dont have much problems so far but I wanted to ask about stuff I didnt find explantion for:

1. what does it mean Raider Archmage I didnt found any information about the Archmage ascendancy.

2. I run now with the Lightning Trap but i didnt understand when do I cease the Lightning trap and consenrate on BB\BF or should I use both?

3. Am I using scepters through all the build or only when I can start using BF\BB?

hope you will be patient with me and thanks for the usefull guide
"
Shajar1995 wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for the noob questions I just Started playing POE through PS4.

I follow the skill tree through POB so I dont have much problems so far but I wanted to ask about stuff I didnt find explantion for:

1. what does it mean Raider Archmage I didnt found any information about the Archmage ascendancy.

2. I run now with the Lightning Trap but i didnt understand when do I cease the Lightning trap and consenrate on BB\BF or should I use both?

3. Am I using scepters through all the build or only when I can start using BF\BB?

hope you will be patient with me and thanks for the usefull guide

1) Ranger is the class. Raider is an ascendancy of Ranger. Each class has three choices of ascendancy which can change the base class into something new. Archmage is the main focus of this build's skills. It is used in the Bladeblast setup.

2) You can use Lightning Trap for most of the campaigns acts. I switched over to BF/BB around act 9. You don't use Lightning Trap and BFBB together.

3) You can use what ever is best for you while leveling. Use what ever gives your lighting trap the best dps. Scepters are very good for the BFBB setup in end game if you intend to use Vigilant Strike as your method of applying Fortify.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 9, 2021, 4:24:56 AM
wouldnt it be better to use BB\BF earliest for lvl it up?
Last edited by Shajar1995 on May 9, 2021, 4:46:24 AM
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
"

Scion is at a direct disadvantage, not much you can do defensively compared to a raider.

Yeah your probably right, think I’ll level a raider though cause the build is hella fun, I will miss pathfinder flask sustain tho T_T
Hey there!

So I played this as my second character this league (started ssf but switched to trade because ssf is so scuffed right now) and had a blast (he he...)

I could faceroll pretty much anything this game can offer while also being extremely tanky. I managed to reach around 3,5k mana regen without flask, so I was able to run divergent RF permanently (huge damage boost). Aura setup was clarity+wrath (no supreme ego, no clear mind). I reached over 10k mana and 3.6k HP. No vigiliant strike setup (I'm lazy)

Jewels include healthy mind (top jewel socket), clarity watcher's eye and abyss jewel with life, mana and mana regen while moving

My top tip for this build is to get mana regen / recovery rate everywhere you can (boots enchant, ring, wands, jewels) and get yourself divergent RF for huge damage boost

I really hope this doesn't get nerfed, because I got bored too fast this league and didn't get to enjoy the build for too long. I got to 24 challenges and quitting this league. Have fun y'all!

My gear:
Spoiler

so i made some light changes and i don't think i'll upgrade it by a lot now. Im a 11K mana, great suvavibility, great clar speed, single target is okay but not super great. Last league i made a Tektonik slam chieftain with 200m+ damage epr slams so i was OS every boss, i took a wrong abit...
I can't see how can this build reach 4k mana regen. I can only see myself reaching 2k regen max.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info