(3.16) NERFED DO NOT PLAY THIS Raider Archmage BF/BB [CHEAP, Tanky, HCSSF viable, (100m+ dps)

"
d373rmined wrote:
Has anyone tested out using the Lavianga's Spirit unique mana flask? Wondering if it would be a good replacement for the Life flask.

Lavianga's flask kills archmage unfortunately.
I'm looking for some help. I'm starting to struggle with Conqueror's ... I feel like I'm missing something big...? Not sure what. Any input is appreciated!

"
Gseybold9 wrote:
I'm looking for some help. I'm starting to struggle with Conqueror's ... I feel like I'm missing something big...? Not sure what. Any input is appreciated!

Atziri's Foible, Cloak of Defiance, Watcher's Eye, Unnatural Instinct, Awakened gems

You need to get Corrupting Blood immunity on one of your jewels ASAP

Don't use RF yet, you cannot sustain it properly
Replica Mistwall is a good choice/decision until you get something better than that

Possibly optimize your tree as well, but after you get some more HP on your gear since you are dependant on your inc life from tree rn (Profane Chemistry & using 4 hp nodes at the start instead of 2 dex nodes)

After that I assume it's going to be upgrading all your gear one at a time
I'm switching to this build and very excited about it. The build I played last league was too OP and got quad-nerfed to the ground, and the couple I've tried this league are big disappointments, but this one looks very good.

I have a few questions though:

With faster casting gloves, how come culling strike isn't linked? You get cast speed from quality too which is nice. Is the overlap created from conc effect more of a dps increase than culling strike? If that's the case, what about at least swapping culling in for mapping, or do you not lose out on aoe coverage at all with conc effect?

Secondly, are Omeyocan not good for the build? Passively leaves us at 75/65 dodge, capped for attacks, which seems awesome, and it has the 20% mana on it. Is the 7% mana drain too much of a burden? Maybe trade off the damage from blood rage for the survivability of Omeyocan? I see only 3 out of 331 bf/bb raiders on poeninja are using them, so I assume they suck, but just wondering since it seems so synergistic.

Also back the topic of gloves, for mapping, what about getting essence of horror (3.5% base crit) + faster casting gloves and swapping out conc effect for increased crit strikes, which would allow for tailwind elusive boots while mapping? This is way out of my budget and will be for weeks, but it seems kind of cool. Maybe have some tailwind/elusive boots with increased crit if you haven't crit recently that you use for mapping. Bladefall has a nice base crit of 6%, +3.5 from horror +2% from gem for 11.5% base crit, then 110% increase just from the gem ignoring the boot enchant, for 24% crit chance on Bladefall.

edit: one last question, how come everyone I'm looking at (except one so far) uses Eternal mana flask over Divine? Is the duration more useful despite it giving less mana/second, and if so, is that mostly relevant only for bosses like Maven/Sirus?
ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on May 6, 2021, 5:07:05 AM
"
koticgood wrote:
I'm switching to this build and very excited about it. The build I played last league was too OP and got quad-nerfed to the ground, and the couple I've tried this league are big disappointments, but this one looks very good.

With faster casting gloves, how come culling strike isn't linked? You get cast speed from quality too which is nice. Is the overlap created from conc effect more of a dps increase than culling strike? If that's the case, what about at least swapping culling in for mapping, or do you not lose out on aoe coverage at all with conc effect?

Secondly, are Omeyocan not good for the build? Passively leaves us at 75/65 dodge, capped for attacks, which seems awesome, and it has the 20% mana on it. Is the 7% mana drain too much of a burden? Maybe trade off the damage from blood rage for the survivability of Omeyocan? I see only 3 out of 331 bf/bb raiders on poeninja are using them, so I assume they suck, but just wondering since it seems so synergistic.

Also back the topic of gloves, for mapping, what about getting essence of horror (3.5% base crit) + faster casting gloves and swapping out conc effect for increased crit strikes, which would allow for tailwind elusive boots while mapping? This is way out of my budget and will be for weeks, but it seems kind of cool. Maybe have some tailwind/elusive boots with increased crit if you haven't crit recently that you use for mapping. Bladefall has a nice base crit of 6%, +3.5 from horror +2% from gem for 11.5% base crit, then 110% increase just from the gem ignoring the boot enchant, for 24% crit chance on Bladefall.

edit: one last question, how come everyone I'm looking at (except one so far) uses Eternal mana flask over Divine? Is the duration more useful despite it giving less mana/second, and if so, is that mostly relevant only for bosses like Maven/Sirus?

conc effect is a massive dps increase.

Omeyocans aren't worth, we don't need anymore defenses than we have and the drain isn't worth it for what you get compared to anom blood rage and RF.

You're welcome to swap out conc while mapping with whatever you feel like, it's not needed for clear.

"
koticgood wrote:

conc effect is a massive dps increase.

Omeyocans aren't worth, we don't need anymore defenses than we have and the drain isn't worth it for what you get compared to anom blood rage and RF.

You're welcome to swap out conc while mapping with whatever you feel like, it's not needed for clear.

Hi OP, i'm currently leveling this build as Lightning trap as you suggested and i was wondering how can you get ~4:30h with this sh*t ? i got double lvl20 lightning wand craft and it started to feel like crap at act 3...
i even added a lightning spire trap for more single target damage but still feel like sh*t... i've already died 40 times lol
killing trash is OK but bosses are a nightmare, am i gonna be fine at maps ? should i swap for something else ?
"
Hi OP, i'm currently leveling this build as Lightning trap as you suggested and i was wondering how can you get ~4:30h with this sh*t ? i got double lvl20 lightning wand craft and it started to feel like crap at act 3...
i even added a lightning spire trap for more single target damage but still feel like sh*t... i've already died 40 times lol
killing trash is OK but bosses are a nightmare, am i gonna be fine at maps ? should i swap for something else ?

It was my worst leveling experience ever and I have been playing since 2014.

I had never played traps before so I was either playing them wrong or I just sucked at them. I won't ever use a trap skill again until I watch some one else play it to see what I was doing wrong.

You don't need to wait til maps to switch. I switched over around act 9 to bfbb and it was like the dark clouds parted it felt so good compared to lightning trap.
I am level 88, have 4.2k life and just past 8k mana.

I am really enjoying mapping with the build.

I do have one clear problem though I have not figured out how to solve. When fighting a single target with a large health pool and little to no adds, I run out of mana and have to either portal out or run around like a nut waiting for the mana to regen.

I am trying very hard not to spam, but with out mind drinker kicking in, my mana pool is not regening by itself fast enough, which is clearly due to my gear I assume.

I am using Clarity and the Watcher's Eye with Clarity that restores mana on damage but it is not enough I fear.

I was wondering if I should still keep Clarity only on level 1 given this issue. I know I would lose damage if I level Clarity up but I was hoping if that tradeoff would be worth it until I get better regen on my gear...Although I fear this won't likely make much of a difference either since even a level 20 Clarity does not add a ton of regen...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 6, 2021, 11:41:23 AM
"
I am level 88, have 4.2k life and just past 8k mana.

I am really enjoying mapping with the build.

I do have one clear problem though I have not figured out how to solve. When fighting a single target with a large health pool and little to no adds, I run out of mana and have to either portal out or run around like a nut waiting for the mana to regen.

I am trying very hard not to spam, but with out mind drinker kicking in, my mana pool is not regening by itself fast enough, which is clearly due to my gear I assume.

I am using Clarity and the Watcher's Eye with Clarity that restores mana on damage but it is not enough I fear.

I was wondering if I should still keep Clarity only on level 1 given this issue. I know I would lose damage if I level Clarity up but I was hoping if that tradeoff would be worth it until I get better regen on my gear...Although I fear this won't likely make much of a difference either since even a level 20 Clarity does not add a ton of regen...

Definitely get yourself at Atziri's Foible, that will help a ton. That's cheap. Then get a Cloak of Defiance, that's a massive help. The rest is getting increased mana regen rate on your gear and tree.

It's janky as hell, but another budget option is a Tempered Mind in the socket just west of the witch's starting point. I also pathed to the witch's starting point via the intelligence nodes shortcut and socketed a Pure Talent elsewhere on my tree for an additional .5% base mana regen and 4% increased mana recovery rate. Again, this is a NOT a recommended setup for the long term, but it will definitely help your mana sustain until you get all your gear figured out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info