Game Balance in Path of Exile: Ultimatum

"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
No no Alex, I’m not assuming it. Simply put, top tier players are still top tier players, and casuals are still casuals. Johnny casual will farm 6 abyssal depths while the top end will do 18, and they will be in that content sooner, setting the price. That’s what I’m saying. If you are casual, you will not benefit from these nerfs in any sizable way. There is no reasons to celebrate any of that, again, there will be no splitting bases, no free fracturing, things that people take for granted for past year or so are gone. And players who put down the time will still control economy same way as usual, with different prices, that’s all.

no splitting bases
no free fracturing
None of these are REQUIRED for casuals to play and reach endgame. This will slow down turbofarmers because gearing up will be harder for them, but many of builds that can clear endgame content are PERFECTLY fine on few uniques + rares that you can roll with classic alt+chaos+annul crafting, especially considering that we have heist with good rolled drops.

what are you even talking about?
Go search on youtube "headhunter in 2 days", the interview with the dude explaining how he farms a headhunter in the first 2 days of the league... most players don't even reach mapping yet by that time, and he does it without any fracturing nor splitting bases, no harvest, nor a team of farmers behind him, these nerfs don't affect that guy in any way or form, these nerfs + harvest nerfs hit ONLY casual player.

Yep, people are too blind to see it, out of pure hate and jealousy.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Obviously the main issue with PoE is that it became "economy-based" not "loot-based". Until dropped gear can compete with crafted gear nothing will change and all these nerfs will mean nothing.
And the fun thing these nerfs will affect only average players. Top 1% will still find abusive mechanics to make a huge amount of currency and to craft powerful gear. But this gear will be too rare and too expensive for an average player to be able to afford it.
Last edited by tedbear2009 on Apr 13, 2021, 7:00:58 PM
OH HELLL YEA!
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
"
You mentioned Heist - the most currency printing league so far.
Heist flooded the market with currency from the league start basically, and yet with that endgame being extremely potent and abusable by top 0.1% with the use of legacy trinkets from league start and beast splitting, "chase"/build enabling items like Shavronne's Wrappings that casual player base seeks were more expensive (3-4 times as much in the case of Shavs) than they were this league (or in Harvest on average).

That "abusable" mechanic gave Johnny Casual access to 500 vaal orbs per 1 ex, 600 chisels per 1 ex, 300 Gemcutters per 1 ex, and so on. Same "abusable" deli map fracturing gave same Johny bulk scarabs for cheap.

It seems that basically there is this hate towards the top 1%, and people are somewhat happy about nerfing the mechanics that they never were able to use. It's like "I cannot have it, but they shouldn't have it because of that" mentality that's pure cancer to read. Yes, some stuff was abused, and should have been dealt with even sooner, but there are benefits to having high supply, and for the most part the poor folks benefit out of it. You can get chisels for 100 maps for that one ex, and this will give you your map sustain. You can get that 6l base for 2 ex, and with couple fossils make it a useable chest till the end game. You can get that 100% deli map with that one fossil that dropped from Legion, and turn it into few ex potentially.

A lot of you fail to realize that when there is a high tide, it carries all ships up, big ones along the small ones. But when there is a tropical storm, big ships are just fine sailing forward while the small fisherman's boats might sink. We are looking at tropical storm, and some of you are celebrating and laughing at funeral.

Go, tell those free fracturing and split shop owners that these are good changes.

I think you're setting the bar to high for the casual player.

I myself am pretty casual and never have I used/seen those free splitting, fracturing services.

I also didn't feel the need to destroy my shavs/impulsa/carcass jack/whatever with those 500 vals per 1ex since it took me some time to even buy that item by farming boring content like prophecies.

After trying to buy that 1c item (that nobody even bothers selling), so that I can use it with a 20c prophecy and get some profit to buy those items I really don't feel the need to gamble my build enabling items by vaaling them.

Scarabs are not even worth bothering for casual players as buying them is a pain in the ass and non juiced non deli maps don't benefit much from them.

Fun fact the 2 leagues where Shavs were the most expensive were the currency shitting leagues (Delirium and Heist).

That portrays 1 important thing the higher the currency supply -> the less valuable it is -> the harder it is for casual joe dropping couple c per map to get the build enabling items because they cost more as the currency itself is worth less.

Also the wonderfull 0.1% actually substantially (and measurably) decreased the profits that I could make by flooding the market with boss items, by multibox farming the invitations, decreasing their price and thus lowering my profits.
Last edited by FeelThePoveR on Apr 13, 2021, 7:21:49 PM
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
No no Alex, I’m not assuming it. Simply put, top tier players are still top tier players, and casuals are still casuals. Johnny casual will farm 6 abyssal depths while the top end will do 18, and they will be in that content sooner, setting the price. That’s what I’m saying. If you are casual, you will not benefit from these nerfs in any sizable way. There is no reasons to celebrate any of that, again, there will be no splitting bases, no free fracturing, things that people take for granted for past year or so are gone. And players who put down the time will still control economy same way as usual, with different prices, that’s all.

no splitting bases
no free fracturing
None of these are REQUIRED for casuals to play and reach endgame. This will slow down turbofarmers because gearing up will be harder for them, but many of builds that can clear endgame content are PERFECTLY fine on few uniques + rares that you can roll with classic alt+chaos+annul crafting, especially considering that we have heist with good rolled drops.

what are you even talking about?
Go search on youtube "headhunter in 2 days", the interview with the dude explaining how he farms a headhunter in the first 2 days of the league... most players don't even reach mapping yet by that time, and he does it without any fracturing nor splitting bases, no harvest, nor a team of farmers behind him, these nerfs don't affect that guy in any way or form, these nerfs + harvest nerfs hit ONLY casual player.

So, according to this video you need to
- have no life and farm 2 days straight
- have lucky 3 ex drop at the beginning of mapping
- use self-poison broken meta build with sextant mod
- spam deli maps for scarabs, splinters and unique cluster jewels
2 last things on the list just got nerfed btw
You can also get rich by farming almost any other particular content for 2 whole days(heist, delve, breaches, incursion you name it), but casual players don't do that and don't need that. And what GGG is trying to do is fix these imbalanced builds and mechanics that allow player to farm delirium t16 on garbage gear 2 days in a league.
Last edited by alex_disp on Apr 13, 2021, 7:16:05 PM
Most of these nerfs look good cause they focus on stopping the top 1% from making much more money and therefore screwing up the value of certain things. I also don't mind the most meta skills/items getting some nerfs.

I disagree with the defensive nerfs. Any defensive nerf is bad for hardcore. For me this is another reason to never play hardcore.
"It's All Nerfs!" I love it. Thank you, may I have another?

I seriously can't wait for this league to start. The game's even running well!
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
cant stop me
It’s easy. Watch all the SSFHC players reach endgame and kill Maven/Sirus/bla-bla with their zDPs build and copy them. You could even practice in standard first then start the league (that’s what Zizaran did last league right?). Don’t rush the game on the first 2/3 weeks, items are 4/5 times more expensive. Take your time, then most items will be a lot cheaper and voila, you finished the league. It’s pretty much what the game is like to me these days. The “top players “ (let’s call them that) will figure everything out for us. Easy peasy, I’ll be drinking cocktails at the beach while they’ll be working for me. Haha. The end. :P
Last edited by SlimShady63 on Apr 14, 2021, 4:16:00 AM
Will all these nerfs decrease lag and decrease cpu/gpu utilization? If not, I won't buy a support pack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info