[3.17]⚡Velyna's Storm Brand Occultist⚡ 5M+ DPS Leaguestart | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
dealthdealer wrote:
I've been getting silenced almost every map cant get past 93. Maybe I missed something i'll share with pastebin. https://pastebin.com/CPe7AkZZ

Your helmet is the problem. Take a look at the downside.
"
TenebrisUrsum wrote:
"
dealthdealer wrote:
I've been getting silenced almost every map cant get past 93. Maybe I missed something i'll share with pastebin. https://pastebin.com/CPe7AkZZ

Your helmet is the problem. Take a look at the downside.

Um yes - assuming you are not trolling there isnt really a lot to say there. Basically you need to get shot of that helm or put up with a very frustrating experience. I cant imagine that Nightmare or Expedition or delerium or pretty much any content where there are a bunch of hits incoming would be remotely fun or possible.

On the plus side an un-krangled replacement will be very cheap at this point in league.
Last edited by Dorfy on Dec 13, 2021, 7:25:05 AM
Been enjoying this build quite a bit, finding the damage good (but leech and cast speed lacking as i am right now, going to spec into the 1 leech node) but I'm confused about the POB stats. I was looking at it on another machine that I can't use currently and noticed a huge discrepancy, my build dropping to 180k dps from the 430~ i believe i was looking at previously. Can anyone figure out whats happening?

I'm also confused on how we're using all these auras. Herald of ice, discipline, precision, defiance banner, hatred, wrath, herald of thunder, zealotry. I know we have both life and mana to reserve, but I can never fit zealotry in?

https://pastebin.com/mB23KNuf
"
Nomzgooglies wrote:
Been enjoying this build quite a bit, finding the damage good (but leech and cast speed lacking as i am right now, going to spec into the 1 leech node) but I'm confused about the POB stats. I was looking at it on another machine that I can't use currently and noticed a huge discrepancy, my build dropping to 180k dps from the 430~ i believe i was looking at previously. Can anyone figure out whats happening?

I'm also confused on how we're using all these auras. Herald of ice, discipline, precision, defiance banner, hatred, wrath, herald of thunder, zealotry. I know we have both life and mana to reserve, but I can never fit zealotry in?

https://pastebin.com/mB23KNuf

Regarding your reservation issues then make sure you select Life reservation and not mana.

You have over leveled both precision and clarity - suggest you check the OP POB and de-level them accordingly (I have precision level 4 and clarity level 6). precision doesnt add much anyway so if you want to disable anything then disable that - you must ensure that zealotry is enabled anyway as its a big source of DPS due to the base crit chance.

If you are also struggling with mana reservation then get a level 3 enlighten (already corrupt) and link to the heralds and discipline (in place of brand recall - which is fairly useless in this build) - L3 enlighten cost next to nothing at this point in league.

Regarding your POB then I am unsure what you have done differently - you havent enabled your flasks though which adds to dps and havent also set config for chilled or frozen mobs (trash will mostly be frozen and bosses chilled) so set those more more realistic numbers

ref the rest of your build - you need more dps and leech..some ideas below:

In no particular order:

Spec out of your current lightning mastery (non crit hits are unlucky) and instead use +1 chain. You should be at or around max crit so you wont have many non crit hits anyway.

Unspec zealots oath - at best it has marginal impact if you have a Bottled faith (adds 200 or 300 regen) but otherwise adds nothing. use the spare point for some more dps instead - or more ES if thats what you fancy.

Upgrade your watchers eye to one with two useful dps mods..there are tons of options / combinations and at this point most are really cheap.

You are level 86 but have only run two labs!? run them now and spec into the correct ascendency passives immediately!!!

Sort your flasks - Sorrow of the divine isnt great for this build and why have a life flask as LL? You do need a bleed flask but use a useful utility flask instead. You can continue using a granite if you like but personally i prefer more dps flasks - mobs cant kill you if they are dead.

Your large cluster has 9 passives - get one with 8 as soon as you can afford and get back a passive point to use elsewhere.

You are using all 3 nodes of your small cluster - you only need to use 2 - leave one unused and use the spare passive for something useful instead - like more dps.

You have Ghost reaver but have no source of leech!? Spec into the 1% elemental leech in elemental mastery rather than +15% all res. This is important!!! Of course you also need to upgrade your gear in general to do this as your resistances are already under cap (apart from lightning). res gear is really cheap at this point and you can get 100+ res on belts for example rally easily for a few C.

Annoint your Amulet - it adds a lot of DPS and hence more leech also. You can buy one already annointed for like 40c.

Get a prophet helm with the brand enchant - they are now cheap.

swap out Critical damage gem and replace with swiftbrand / anomolous swiftbrand as per the build. You can actually use Critical damage in place of Inspiration in late game if you have sufficient Crit chance elsewhere but its borderline dps and also adds significantly to mana requirements - i wouldnt recommend for most people.

Why arcane surge linked to WoC? follow OP buid POB and you wont go far wrong (hint and thats not linked to WoC)

You can check my POB if you like - its almost entirely the same as the OP with just a couple of tweaks (and more tweaks after i get one more level) -

https://pastebin.com/2RBEa9GC
Last edited by Dorfy on Dec 15, 2021, 2:19:50 PM
Hey, I'm really enjoying the Build so far. I've really just transitioned to LL, though I'm still lacking the Aspect (Fenumus One Shot me T.T)

I'm confused about the trigger wand and the Ass. Mark though. From testing in game it doesn't seem like it curses enemies (maybe I'm just blind)? Do I still have to link WoC and Hextouch to it?
From looking at some profiles around here it seems like everyone has kinda dropped the trigger wand for other mods and is self casting ass. mark. Is that only a thing when we get the ele weakness on gloves or does the trigger wand somehow not really work anymore?

Ty in advance.

Last edited by Shubidu on Dec 16, 2021, 2:50:12 AM
"
Shubidu wrote:
Hey, I'm really enjoying the Build so far. I've really just transitioned to LL, though I'm still lacking the Aspect (Fenumus One Shot me T.T)

I'm confused about the trigger wand and the Ass. Mark though. From testing in game it doesn't seem like it curses enemies (maybe I'm just blind)? Do I still have to link WoC and Hextouch to it?
From looking at some profiles around here it seems like everyone has kinda dropped the trigger wand for other mods and is self casting ass. mark. Is that only a thing when we get the ele weakness on gloves or does the trigger wand somehow not really work anymore?

Ty in advance.

The trigger wand curses enemy but only if you have enough mana to cast it when it triggers. If you have a trigger wand there is no need to link woc and hextouch to it since it gets triggered like it says.
Personally I dropped the trigger and put something that gets me more damage, that way I have enough damage to not need it during mapping and only use it during boss fights and tougher rares + the cooldown of 8 seconds is in my opinion too long to have any impact. But I might be wrong so use whatever you feel comfortable.

Also, you don't have a way to curse if it doesn't trigger from what I see. If you have the currency find the templar gloves with elemental weakness.
If I see correctly, the only source of curse is triggered assassins mark.
Last edited by TenebrisUrsum on Dec 16, 2021, 4:07:23 AM
Hey, I'm completely new, this is my first season ever playing poe, and I've been following this guide from lvl 85 or so. I'm somewhere in between the transition/literal god POB, here's what my character looks like: https://pastebin.com/HGHU9rZq

I'm currently farming Legion in t15/16 maps and find myself dying pretty often, and having a bit of difficulty clearing some generals. Wondering if anyone has any advice on what to upgrade next? What's the most important and what to focus on? I have about 15ex saved up, constantly checking market for Fenumus' weave gloves with ele weakness but literally nobody has been selling them. I've been reluctant to change/upgrade boots or belt too much because I'm waiting to find the gloves, but maybe I should just do it, or something else?

I'd appreciate any and all advice.
why does your guild and your path of building ( leagun start ) is diffirent . i see gem changed
"
Bashhx wrote:
Hey, I'm completely new, this is my first season ever playing poe, and I've been following this guide from lvl 85 or so. I'm somewhere in between the transition/literal god POB, here's what my character looks like: https://pastebin.com/HGHU9rZq

I'm currently farming Legion in t15/16 maps and find myself dying pretty often, and having a bit of difficulty clearing some generals. Wondering if anyone has any advice on what to upgrade next? What's the most important and what to focus on? I have about 15ex saved up, constantly checking market for Fenumus' weave gloves with ele weakness but literally nobody has been selling them. I've been reluctant to change/upgrade boots or belt too much because I'm waiting to find the gloves, but maybe I should just do it, or something else?

I'd appreciate any and all advice.

I wouldnt hold out for fenemus gloves - there are equally as good options anyway or at least almost as good but cheaper / more available.

Instead of those I would get hands of high templar gloves with ele weakness and spell crit - the base spell crit is a huge uplift in dps.

After that there are a few easy wins I think within your budget:

Storm brand gem - get one at level 21 asap - gem levels are probably the easiest way to scale this build. a 21 with no quality is better than a 20/20 and probably cost about 5c.

Watchers eye. The Wrath MOD is useless as 96% of lightning damage is already converted to cold. Get Hatred pen + any other damage mod (zealotry Pen, Zealotry Cast speed, Hatred cold damage...etc etc there are lots of options here and for 2 mods only they are cheap)

You medium cluster has brand mods as per the OP original POB - I would swap that to a crit cluster with pressure points and quick getaway as per the updated POB. If you have gloves with spell crit implicit as i said above these will have an even bigger dps boost.

You dont have spider aspect - get that crafted on an item soonest.

Your Storm brand isnt using optimal links. Get (or level up) a level 5 awakened added lightning damage and swap out crit damage - its not a huge boost at this point in your build but the +1 gem is good and when you get more gem levels later (lev 21 storm brand and maybe one day a +4 shavs) this will have a bigger impact. Dont swap unless its level 5 awakened though - lev 4 or below is worse dps.

Also just remember that this builds biggest defence is chill / freeze and killing stuff quick. With legion (or most content) dont play too defensively - just smash through trying to cast brands on anyhting in range as quickly as possible. I leveled with a medium cluster with blast-freeze and astonishing aflliction (on a non damaging ailments base) its less dps but the elemental prolif on freeze / chill helps quite a lot when you are surrounded by monsters. That said I wouldnt call this build tanky - if mobs are not frozen or chilled and you are not leeching you will die really quickly. After level 94 or so I didnt play safe at all in the assumption i would die often. I then just took some time outside of farming etc to level safely (pure runs or whatever takes your fancy) and not farm at all until leveled.
Last edited by Dorfy on Dec 19, 2021, 10:51:33 AM
Hi Velyna and all, first off thanks for the guide!

I was really interested in trying out brands and figured now would be the time with it less meta than the past. I normally play mine builds and tried a trap build before this one.

If anyone familiar wouldn't mind, could you check out my PoB and gear and make any suggestions on next steps? I've gone fairly broke at this point but the build can do t16s and I imagine bosses, working on farming up next Sirus to test.

POB: https://pastebin.com/ymAndB3D

Items:

Watchers Eye: 15% cold pen with Hatred (and one other useless one)

A gem question for thought - lvl 5 awakened added lightning vs conc effect .. I'm seeing more PoB dps with Awakened added lightning but see conc effect in build PoB so was curious about it!

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info