3.14 Toxic Rain - Leaguestart guide with in depth crafting and gearing section - updated

"
Justifi3d wrote:
for example in Ritual league, i made an absolute bank buying 2 ex medium clusters with Vast power+Towering threat and using non x-to x i talk about in my crafting section to give them double resistances and i resold such jewels for 4-5 ex
That type of jewel (aoe medium with vast power) is used a lot by builds like blade vortex to increase size of explosions so it's definitely a popular buy. :)

"
Justifi3d wrote:
Bows are also trivial to craft, even the best in slot ones, but market usually sells them at a 5-10 ex higher margin than what you'd spend yourself
I looked through your bow crafting pastebin and none of the bows have dot multi suffix ("of liquefaction"), all of them focus on just getting attack speed, which is generally easy, it's hard to get both of them together and that's what drives prices up of "gg bows" (that, and synthesized bases like +1 to supp gems implicit), even if we use your trick with non-speed to speed liquefaction is a suffix so that's 33% chance to brick the bow, 66% chance if you hit projectile speed first, which is very likely.

If you keep using mines, having 35% dot multi is more useful than attack speed you won't use for mines, on the other hand if you self-cast the budget option is quill rain and a lot of people don't swap away from it until they want to craft a bow that is above 10ex investment.

It's also harder to get that mod because you can't use porcupine bow anymore (it needs to be 82+). It's even harder when people want bows with +2 arrows (it's giga rare and only 86+ so basically unless you get that mod fractured you probably won't be able to craft a bow around it).

We also don't know if changes to veiled mods will affect crafting, so I don't know if we'll have the same options in 3.14, because both 40% chaos multi and +2 supp gems are veiled mods, if that's changed that could impact the whole meta around tr bow crafting.

Faceted fossil market can also be impacted by nerfs to deep delving loot drops, and I'd expect they'll be more rare than now (same with fractured, bloodstained and other super rare fossils).

Several other things could be nerfed (like chainbreaker, esp. thanks to spell miners and divergent berserk), so we have to wait and see the patch notes.

And I imagine it's chainbreaker that forces you into blue pearl amulet (rage regen) and I imagine these bases will keep being expensive (conqueror orbs are also not cheap, usually at least 1,5ex and sometimes more depending on league meta and timing).
why are you so focused on that mod?

If you want a best in slot bow you'd just go for the faceted crafted one

The fact i don't even mention that mod is because it's a random chance, and all of my crafting options focus on deterministic outcomes

offering people a way to craft something that is pure rng is bad cause you're always gonna have one person that's never gonna get it

Attack speed is more important than the dot multi bow

You just choose to craft a bow without dot multi to severely lower the cost of crafting, as i said there's a way to get an insane bow without dot multi and you can use that if you're a min maxer, you're kinda graspign at straws here, this is a league start scenario guide, i'm not gonna aim at a best possible item anyways, in fact i only included the faceted fosssil variation because they might not be expensive again so it's a nice option to have and because it's deterministic within a reasonable amount of tries, i don't focus on min maxing anywhere else

it the +2 support gems is gone and there's only +1 craft you can use the intermediate bow steps of reforging keeping prefixes and non speed to speed until you hit t1 attack speed, it probably won't be more expensive on average since you can use it on an ilvl 50 bow

Yes stuff can be nerfed? i don't get your point, anythign out there can be nerfed, i will make appropriate adjustments if and when it is, and i will come up with other stuff to make up for it, i mean why play any build at all since it could be nerfed, right?

edit: quill rain is a bad weapon for the build, for the price of a 6L quill rain you can craft a better weapon, there's no point in ever getting it even if you were to level as a non miner, no amount of attack speed can make up for the lack of stats on your bow, i talked about it already on reddit and i talked about it in faq, it's simply not worth getting
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Apr 11, 2021, 1:18:59 PM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
Yeah, Remi's guide is a pretty good one, and it existing almost dettered me from making one, however i felt that it's lacking some stuff that i could have offered

Hey just a heads up sometimes the smallest things are the most important ones. Your guide truly added a lot of value to the community of not-so-experienced with the game players like myself.
So if the Mine version is cheaper, you don't need attack speed for it, you can pre-stack mines among other benefits, then why switch to attack based at all?
1)because it's impossible to get good recovery on a mine build, your flasks are the onyl thing keeping you alive if you get hit or are taking damage over time

and that's bad because few reasons:

Life FLasks stop when reaching full life(enduring mod only applies to the mana portion on the hybrid flask) so you don't use them to the full possible extent, in real time usage they're much weaker than the numbers say

If your flasks are sole sustain you have a non instant hybrid flask is not enough for hard content so you'd need to run another life flask dropping a pretty powerful utility flask to make up for your lack of recovery

2) because after you get a decent amount of damage your mirage archer starts to be able to clear squishier packs by himself so you get a quite literal multiplier for your clear speed by running mirage archer
IGN JustifiedF
@Justifi3d how about replacing Heart of Oak with Primal Spirit?

Heart of Oak is 2% MS + 8% life

Primal spirit is 23% mana + 20% inc flask charges (helps with quicksilver sustain) + 20 str/int which enables you to run vitality as soon as its available without forcing you to have it on amulet
I'm just starting with maps and I dropped a 6L bow. I used the Dread essence to get the +2 gems. Now -

1) do I put TR or CA in here? Because I've been clearing mainly with CA + Mirage Archer. I feel like it's time to 6L the TR.

2) When do I drop CA?

---

I have another question about atlas progression.

I've done a few maps. Now I'm in a situation where I have an uncompleted t1 and an uncompleted t3. Should I complete the t1 for the 1% atlas bonus, or should I push the t3 to spawn the 1st Conqueror?
Last edited by etofok on Apr 11, 2021, 10:41:15 PM
Just wanted to add another thanks for posting. Whether 'this' guide is better than 'that' guide is whatever to me. I appreciate a new spin and your reasoning behind the different choices.

Also, the real juice in here for me as someone who has gone through the story hundreds of times is the early mapping progression and crafting. Please update as you have time during league start, I'm sure there will be at least a few tips after patch notes/rewards re-work (and new blood magic gem).

Might as well ask a question while here and piggyback on previous poster - when do you add in the bow swap/caustic arrow? Seems like you use CA through the acts and then drop it at maps until lvl 97? I slapped some rough gear together and really enjoyed the screen CA wide clear combined with the huge movement speed/chainbreaker.
"
etofok wrote:
I'm just starting with maps and I dropped a 6L bow. I used the Dread essence to get the +2 gems. Now -

1) do I put TR or CA in here? Because I've been clearing mainly with CA + Mirage Archer. I feel like it's time to 6L the TR.

2) When do I drop CA?

---

I have another question about atlas progression.

I've done a few maps. Now I'm in a situation where I have an uncompleted t1 and an uncompleted t3. Should I complete the t1 for the 1% atlas bonus, or should I push the t3 to spawn the 1st Conqueror?

I usually drop caustic arrow setup when i run out of gem slots aka when i get gem sockets for my other gems i use, i think having at least a 3L withering totem setup and despair/culling strike setup is more important than having some additional clear, while leveling most time lost is spent on bossfights, and they are the most dangerous, you want to focus on signle target damage first, toxic rain mines are fine for clear when you have some levels

Caustic arrow does more damage than toxic rain for trash mobs, but after like lvl 10 toxic rain does well on its own

As far as atlas progression goes, there are videos on youtube that can explain it better than i can for sure, my personal preference is to complete as many maps as possible before chasing conquerors, i honestly have no clue if that's better but that's what i do every time and i've had no issues progressing my atlas whatsoever

"
Might as well ask a question while here and piggyback on previous poster - when do you add in the bow swap/caustic arrow? Seems like you use CA through the acts and then drop it at maps until lvl 97? I slapped some rough gear together and really enjoyed the screen CA wide clear combined with the huge movement speed/chainbreaker.

So Caustic Arrow weapon swap is basically a thing of economy, do you want to save roughly 3ex you'd need to craf a decent weapon and potential 6 gems leveling to sell or flip to 20% quality or do you want to clear faster

I think i'm going to go for the weapon swap myself when i decide it's time to push to 100, until then i'm gonna keep the option of more currency

Caustic arrow uses 2 gems purely for aoe(arrow nova and mirage archer) so it's essentially a 4l vs Toxic rains 6L(TR also uses Mirage archer but in TRs case it doubles as single target since it stacks infinitely), it also doesn't stack, the damage can only come from 1 ground effect so using it early without at least a +3 weapon and low level without cluster jewels means you'd probably need to weapon swap for rare monsters, it's a thing you'd want to use once most of your gear is completed to the "intermediate" stage and you can afford an extra bow

it's totally not necessary but as you concluded yourself, the aoe is just so good that it's hard to pass once you can afford it
IGN JustifiedF
Manifesto... ouch. No more fortify flask, toxic rain gem nerf incoming, chainbreaker rage cost (don't know about this one), flesh and stone reservation, TBD numerical nerfs on AoE and duration cluster jewels. That's quite a few bad things for the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info