What to Expect from the Livestream

The PoE 2 information should be kept separate from League announcements.

All the QoL in PoE 2 reminds the community about the issues with current PoE and reduces hype for 3.xx content.

This may not be the best decision considering the volatility of the community after the Harvest Manifesto.
"
Ruffleberg wrote:

All the QoL in PoE 2 reminds the community about the issues with current PoE and reduces hype for 3.xx content.

This may not be the best decision considering the volatility of the community after the Harvest Manifesto.

Harvest manifesto is likely the sole reason why ggg even decided to talk about PoE 2 at this time. They need players to take their eyes off nerfs, and they need to build up some hype for new league. But Ritual was carried hard by Echoes expansion and harvest crafting, those were sole reasons for such high retention as ritual mechanics are not that cool, and the new upcoming league will not have neither of those as harvest is getting gutted and Maven lost the freshness.

So, hype needs to be build via alternate channels, like directing players attention to PoE 2 and such.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
very excited!
Cool.
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
Harvest manifesto is likely the sole reason why ggg even decided to talk about PoE 2 at this time. They need players to take their eyes off nerfs, and they need to build up some hype for new league. But Ritual was carried hard by Echoes expansion and harvest crafting, those were sole reasons for such high retention as ritual mechanics are not that cool, and the new upcoming league will not have neither of those as harvest is getting gutted and Maven lost the freshness.

So, hype needs to be build via alternate channels, like directing players attention to PoE 2 and such.

It will attract viewers to the 3.14 announcement which is probably a KPI that GGG tracks.

I doubt that it will have any effect on current player participation in the actual league though. Maybe get new players.
Last edited by Ruffleberg on Apr 7, 2021, 7:13:27 PM
Excited for tomorrow.

Will they also announce the new supporter packs / mtx, etc tomorrow on the stream, or will they retroactively go live after? I don't remember what happened prior.
YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! i hope is as good as Ritual and Delirium
"
Glowy wrote:
I'm looking forward to this, but I admit I'm feeling a bit apprehensive because sadly the vocal minority of the community has become rather toxic and made being a fan of the game just not as exciting. I would say I hope tomorrow's reveal will start to heal the community but really it is not GGG that has control over that, it's the individual players, and I have my doubts that the loudest ones will ever be satiated.

I have to say that if you are thinking that what you have seen lately is "vocal minority" you are sorely mistaken. This is not minority speaking, this is a very big chunk of player base trying to convey a message. If Reddit thread have been artificially kept up (it went from 75% upvoters to 30% in 24 hours, and somehow miraculously never went below that later) and no other manifesto received that many pages of feedback, you need to be delusional to think that this is "minority" speaking.

GGG is actually in full control over that toxicity both directly (deleting comments, suspending streamers that are very vocal about those nerfs) and indirectly (they could fix the root of the problem which is craft trading and caving to 3rd party discord) but they decided to not engage at all despite the "communication" manifesto being pinned to the top.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
"
Ruffleberg wrote:

Precisely. One can feel how desperate they are trying to avert players' attention from gutting Harvest using POE2. Maybe ZiggyD can talk about Last Epoch during this showcase too.
When will Path of Exile get some Quality of Wrist improvements on picking up what has accumulated into an insane amount of loot in some maps?

Do you find a problem with players spending up to 10 times the amount of clicking to pick up loot as opposed to clicking to kill and move around and actually play the content?

Your game design philosophy is against the ease of making items from Harvest crafting. What are your thoughts on the duplicating of 6 White 6 Link bases endlessly early and often during a League.

How do you feel about essentially "printing" copies of a 5x Delirium Orb, No Use of Sextant, 35% Quality Nemesis or Beyond Maps for generating an insane amount of Scarabs or Breach Stones over and over again.

I am going to come to the Live Stream and see if I can get an answer to any of these questions and more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info