[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
Piou29 wrote:
Level 96 in SSFHC (my max in ssf actually)

Hey Piou29! Yeah, I’ve been keeping tabs on you and saw that you are at level 96 and at the top of the ladder. Keep it up! You’ve got the gear to go all the way should you choose.

I just mention them in the guide, but in the PoB there are different trees selectable at the bottom. There should be cluster jewels in the item set that you can select. I believe a chaos damage large cluster is actually BiS, but the bow one works as well. For totem cluster I think sleepless sentries and snaring spirits is best, should you be able to craft it. That life jewel is amazing!

How much life do you lose with the first? It’s a great chest if it has the spell dodge. I think the pic cuts off the spell dodge, but that that would be super beneficial and outweigh a couple hundred life. I think I saw that you’re at ~7k.

Yes, I’ll be playing the gauntlet with this build, but i’ll be starting a couple days late as we are taking our kids on their first road trip! I’ve got another build I made combining nugi’s LS raider and the champion ascendancy. I am progressing it at the moment in SSFHC (lvl 84 currently) and working out the kinks, but the Toxic Tank is definitely going to perform better in the gauntlet in my opinion.

Regarding explosive arrow totems, and just thinking about it real quick…it seems like a bossing build with all the added delay of totems and then the explosive arrow. The key would perhaps be using the chest as a clear speed option or doing a weapon swap… intriguing!
~Donkster5
Hey, thanks for your answer Donkster :)

Hum, my POB is bugged I think, I cannot import anything lately so I cannot see the clusters you have put in it.
Would it be possible to tell me which ones are the best according to you ?

-Large chaos one with wicked pall and touch of cruelty ?
-One medium totem dmg with sleepless sentries and snaring spirits
-One medium chaos dmg multi with ????

Regarding the chest I lose 150 life total compared to belly
Yeah I think the spell dodge is better too (I can craft spell dodge as there is a prefix opened, it is not yet crafted :))
But ... I would really like to remove one of the suffix, craft "prefix cannot be changed" and then slam veiled orbs on it ...
We'll see :D, I'll keep you updated.

Stuff is good but here are my plans :
-Aisling craft my amulet :D
-Get two iolite rings crafted with essence of envy ... did not manage to hit good affixes yet
-Get better gloves (cold res useless on them)
-Get the totem cluster (so that I have onslaught and can change armour)
-Get another high lvl life cluster
-Remove all the points from revenge of the hunted and method of the madness to fill the clusters
-Get my empower 4 (I fucked up the lvl 3 I had ... I will have another one soon !

Ah, I saw you starting a LS build but yeah, LS needs some stuff to start from I guess :D doesn't it ?
I'm not sure about which build I'm gonna do for the gauntlet but I'm going to watch you for sure, GL with your build !
Great for your kids ! Road trips are awesome :) best memories I have (Actually for me it is road trip + music festival but I guess your kids are younger ^^)

Last edited by Piou29 on Jun 5, 2021, 5:55:03 PM
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
poppywulf wrote:
how do you keep your totems from getting instantly smashed? even with a level 21 totem gem on a t 5 ult they get wrecked almost instantly

Ultimatums are hard on minions and totems this league. We’re in the good position because we have a selfcast. search a couple pages back on this forum and you’ll see I’ve written on my strategy for getting through T16s ultimatums regularly and quite easily.

Alternatively, if you are still pathed into Panopticon switch to the opposite side of the wheel or path to ironwood from panopticon. You lose some damage pathing the opposite way or it takes two passives extra to get ironwood.

found that, i ended up anointing primal manifestation, and skilling over to ironwood, works like a charm. To the op loving the build, having a hell of a time getting a decent helm but still doing great, did chimera and pheonix deathless so far, i know thats not a big deal anymore but its a first for me so thx.
"
Piou29 wrote:
Hey, thanks for your answer Donkster :)

Hum, my POB is bugged I think, I cannot import anything lately so I cannot see the clusters you have put in it.
Would it be possible to tell me which ones are the best according to you ?

-Large chaos one with wicked pall and touch of cruelty ?
-One medium totem dmg with sleepless sentries and snaring spirits
-One medium chaos dmg multi with ????

Regarding the chest I lose 150 life total compared to belly
Yeah I think the spell dodge is better too (I can craft spell dodge as there is a prefix opened, it is not yet crafted :))
But ... I would really like to remove one of the suffix, craft "prefix cannot be changed" and then slam veiled orbs on it ...
We'll see :D, I'll keep you updated.

Stuff is good but here are my plans :
-Aisling craft my amulet :D
-Get two iolite rings crafted with essence of envy ... did not manage to hit good affixes yet
-Get better gloves (cold res useless on them)
-Get the totem cluster (so that I have onslaught and can change armour)
-Get another high lvl life cluster
-Remove all the points from revenge of the hunted and method of the madness to fill the clusters
-Get my empower 4 (I fucked up the lvl 3 I had ... I will have another one soon !

Ah, I saw you starting a LS build but yeah, LS needs some stuff to start from I guess :D doesn't it ?
I'm not sure about which build I'm gonna do for the gauntlet but I'm going to watch you for sure, GL with your build !
Great for your kids ! Road trips are awesome :) best memories I have (Actually for me it is road trip + music festival but I guess your kids are younger ^^)

In addition to your tbd totem cluster and the life one, a near perfect cluster setup would include:
large cluster = wicked pall and unholy grace, if you get a third great or 25% increased effect is great too.
medium chaos DoT cluster = wicked pall and whatever… flow of life is nice.
small dodge cluster (2 passive) = elegant form for 30% to ele ailment immunity.

Chest: harvest reroll keeping prefixes if you get it. Risk of making the chest slightly worse but the current suffixes are not great.

Actually, the LS i’m doing is with claws and extremely SSF friendly. However, I think it’ll end up being a great leaguestarter and ssf mapper, but struggle with endgame bosses due to the difficulty/budget needs of scaling dps. That said, i’m basically face tanking bosses due to the massive LoH regen of claws.
~Donkster5
thanks for your quick answer! :)

Really interesting, I'll try the large chaos one then !

When I got the 20% increased effect duration from Tempered Arrowheads it really felt like a big damage increase.
At least for bosses that do not move a lot :D

I did not think about the ailment immunity ... I have to get that now and I actually have the cluster if I remember correctly, need shaper boots though.

Yep, LS against bosses ... :D

Last edited by Piou29 on Jun 6, 2021, 4:24:23 AM
Yataaaa ! Got one !

Last edited by Piou29 on Jun 6, 2021, 11:05:06 AM
"
poppywulf wrote:
found that, i ended up anointing primal manifestation, and skilling over to ironwood, works like a charm. To the op loving the build, having a hell of a time getting a decent helm but still doing great, did chimera and pheonix deathless so far, i know thats not a big deal anymore but its a first for me so thx.

Don’t sell yourself short. there’s a first time for everything and the Chimera and Phoenix deathless is still an accomplishment. I’d say many people who regularly do those fights don’t even worry about being deathless and expect to die a couple times.
~Donkster5
"
Piou29 wrote:
Yataaaa ! Got one !

60%+ chaos damage plus strength, life, and the open prefix for elreon craft… that’s sweet.
~Donkster5
"
poppywulf wrote:

Yeah, I don't think so many players actually even reach the shaper guardians in the end so it is an achievment ! congrats

@Donkster : It would have been so awesome to not get the evasion and to multi mod it but ... still an awesome ring ! :)
build is doing great, breezing through just about everything, untill i tried the maven with the 4 breach lords lol, i got trucked so hard

Last edited by poppywulf on Jun 7, 2021, 2:49:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info