[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
Tygerlilly wrote:
Love this build. Fun, fast & tanky, even with minimal gear (approx 1.5ex spent so far).

Just had an Unnatural Instinct Viridian Jewel drop. Any suggestions on how I should respec skill tree to use most efficiently?

Hey, that s a great jewel but I do not feel it is so good for the build as you would lose the 25% skill duration if you use it above "sentinel" notable. (and where could you use it if not near scion)

@Donkster : I am actually playing the build for the gauntlet in the end, if I die I'll play archmage (I dropped atziri's foible)

Little tip : once in act 6/7, you drop 5 links quite easily in ultimatums :D
"
Tygerlilly wrote:
Love this build. Fun, fast & tanky, even with minimal gear (approx 1.5ex spent so far).

Just had an Unnatural Instinct Viridian Jewel drop. Any suggestions on how I should respec skill tree to use most efficiently?

The best location for Unnatural Instinct, should you want to use it, would be on the right side of the tree just above herbalism. That gets you a decent amount of attack speed, elemental resistance, and some evasion just be sacrificing a bit of life.
~Donkster5
"
Piou29 wrote:
"
Tygerlilly wrote:

Hey, that s a great jewel but I do not feel it is so good for the build as you would lose the 25% skill duration if you use it above "sentinel" notable. (and where could you use it if not near scion)

@Donkster : I am actually playing the build for the gauntlet in the end, if I die I'll play archmage (I dropped atziri's foible)

Little tip : once in act 6/7, you drop 5 links quite easily in ultimatums :D

Lol, I just started last night and ripped to Brutus and Weaver. Got back to Weaver and am going to do that tonight. Then, it's pretty much uphill from there. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I'm going to get one character to 90 (I hope) and then reassess with my items and time remaining whether I want to go for another one.
~Donkster5
Ahah I see you like to add a layer of difficulty to the gauntlet by playing TR from the start instead of the steel skills :)

Have fun and don't die !
"
Piou29 wrote:
Ahah I see you like to add a layer of difficulty to the gauntlet by playing TR from the start instead of the steel skills :)

Have fun and don't die !
I used steel until lvl 12… does that count ;).
~Donkster5
Thanks Piou and Donkster for help on how best to utilize Unnatural Instincts. I'm going to stick with my current build for now, but definitely going to hang on to the jewel, it will be fun to play around with.

"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Piou29 wrote:

Have fun and don't die !
I used steel until lvl 12… does that count ;).

Ahah not at all !

"
Tygerlilly wrote:
Thanks Piou and Donkster for help on how best to utilize Unnatural Instincts. I'm going to stick with my current build for now, but definitely going to hang on to the jewel, it will be fun to play around with.

Hey Tigerlilly, just a small amelioration on your passive skill tree, if you go under thick skin to take the life and then on the right of the tree you will have 3% life and 8% chance to avoid alemental ailments for the same amount of point :D (you can check Donkster or my profile if it's not clear enough, it's the bottom right of the tree)
Yo, awesome build, just hit maps in Gauntlet on first attempt.

My only question is around Conquerer vs FTS for merc lab. Is the reduced damage taken really enough to outweigh the chance of fts just saving us with the lowlife buff? Or is it just assuming one shots are the big issue.

I actually played CA -> TR from level 1 and had no problems, even with minimal overlevelling.
"
duhvuh wrote:
Yo, awesome build, just hit maps in Gauntlet on first attempt.

My only question is around Conquerer vs FTS for merc lab. Is the reduced damage taken really enough to outweigh the chance of fts just saving us with the lowlife buff? Or is it just assuming one shots are the big issue.

I actually played CA -> TR from level 1 and had no problems, even with minimal overlevelling.

That’s fantastic! I RIPped to Brutus a couple times and once to Weaver, but after I got to Act three it’s been smooth.

Regarding ascendancy, I went back and forth with this same question, but I just felt that damage reduction and the totems taunting won out. The taunt adds a fair bit of survivability because the totems get targeted instead of you. However, I don’t think there’s really a wrong answer here.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Jun 18, 2021, 11:43:48 AM
Was going well with this build in Gauntlet, just barely squeaked by Brutus, with 10% life left after the edge of his slam caught me...

Went with toxic rain totems as soon as I could.

Then died to Kitava one, trying to withering step away instead of smoke mine or dash with second wind.... the sliding hand caught me and even 1.9k life wasn't enough...

had I got past that it would have been smooth sailing to maps

but I would skip a few bosses until later

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info