[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
southpawrf wrote:
Heya, Donkster5. Thx for really great build. Killed A4 Sirus without deaths not long ago. 1st time for me, since sirus was added to game. Now finishing T16 maps with no problem. Made some adjustments to self cast chain: switched for caustic arrow with greater volley support. All items cost me about 10 exalts - really low budget for tank build with good DPS outcome. If you have time, can you please check my character? Maybe you have some suggestions for improvement? Looking forward to complete at least 24 challenges and killing shaper, elder and maven. I think this will be no problem to achieve. Thx again for your work to make this build.

You're welcome and congrats on taking down Sirus deathless! You've got pretty good gear. The only things that really stand out the lack of a corrupted blood implicit jewel and the AS on your bow due to it being a low-AS base. However, since you switched self-cast to CA, that may not be that big of a deal. Normally, high AS acts as a MORE multiplier with the build due to you laying down more pods that are all doing damage at the same time. It also feels better when selfcasting, because the pause between attacking and moving is extremely short. But, like I said, you're using CA in selfcast so the AS really only affects the totems.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:

You're welcome and congrats on taking down Sirus deathless! You've got pretty good gear. The only things that really stand out the lack of a corrupted blood implicit jewel and the AS on your bow due to it being a low-AS base. However, since you switched self-cast to CA, that may not be that big of a deal. Normally, high AS acts as a MORE multiplier with the build due to you laying down more pods that are all doing damage at the same time. It also feels better when selfcasting, because the pause between attacking and moving is extremely short. But, like I said, you're using CA in selfcast so the AS really only affects the totems.

Thx for advice. I will focus on getting corrupted blood implicit jewel. I see you recommend it not only for my situation. Didn't find this advice in guide. Maybe you should mention it there?
"
southpawrf wrote:
corrupted blood implicit.

Yeah, I have a note about it in the jewel section of the written guide, but i may have omitted it in the PoB. I’ll make sure to be more explicit about it in the future update.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Jun 1, 2021, 3:07:10 PM
"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
iGanc wrote:
Thank you so much for the build and helping all of us who are trying it out! You are awesome :)

I definitely need to work around to the different classes, so maybe I'll give Occultist a shot.

You're doing T14s on a 5-link. That's pretty insane. Especially with a low health pool as you stated later. I assume you've upgraded, but it'll feel really good to do so if you haven't.

A) So, I use 10 stacks of wither as my damage option in the PoB. This assumes that you have 6 stacks from withering step and a few more from withering touch. It really adds up against bosses, and I chose 10 stacks (15 stacks is max) as a conservative average. You'll notice DPS shoot up on bosses if you have a moment to send three or four volleys of selfcast their way. I think my favorite selfcast gem setup is TR-MA-LGoH-WT-VP-SA. I'd go utility first and damage gems last as you get a 5 and 6 link.

The way I use withering step is to just bind it to LMB and have it autocast as I run around.

iv) Do you have a corrupted blood jewel? If not, get one before you do that fight again. Also, taking on Sirus with a 5-link and a low health pool is... ill-advised ;). If you stick with it, you'll take him down no problem.

Yes, thinking about it now... that is nuts. I'm using a 5L totem, and a 4L self cast. Also, I accidentally summoned Sirus for the first time on A5, and didn't remove any watchstones, so that did NOT help me :D

You have really good points selling me on wither, I use withering step same as you, and LOVE it. I think I'm going to prioritize a 5L self cast asap, and use utility first (withering touch and LGOH) before damage. Thank you!

I do NOT have a corrupted blood jewel, and didn't even think about this! I haven't made much upgrades, but I'm just shy of 4.5k life. If I put in LGOH and replace my Thief's Torment, this is a really great opportunity to increase my life.

I have been having a lot of fun, and really not much problems with tier 15/16's now. I'm having fun learning boss fights, they are a little longer with my setup, but the safety net of all these defenses are really really nice.

Last piece on this build; I cannot get Wicked Ward out of my head. I really want to test that out, but it's 9 extra points overall... If I find success, I will report back!

Again, thanks for all your help and responding back to us, this is great! And congrats to Southpawrf for the Sirus kill and gear! Nice stuff :) Goals AF for me! :D
"
iGanc wrote:
I cannot get Wicked Ward out of my head. I really want to test that out, but it's 9 extra points overall... If I find success, I will report back!

Not in front of a computer right now. Can you stay pathed into Panopticon and allocate Wicked Ward? There's no allocation for it :(
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Jun 3, 2021, 11:27:25 PM
how do you keep your totems from getting instantly smashed? even with a level 21 totem gem on a t 5 ult they get wrecked almost instantly
Great build. Pretty much a casual player and down Sirus(AL5) deathless today. First build that let me did it deathless and without any heart attack. Pretty much just run around like a headless chicken, dropping totems and shooting from time to time.

"
poppywulf wrote:
how do you keep your totems from getting instantly smashed? even with a level 21 totem gem on a t 5 ult they get wrecked almost instantly

Ultimatums are hard on minions and totems this league. We’re in the good position because we have a selfcast. search a couple pages back on this forum and you’ll see I’ve written on my strategy for getting through T16s ultimatums regularly and quite easily.

Alternatively, if you are still pathed into Panopticon switch to the opposite side of the wheel or path to ironwood from panopticon. You lose some damage pathing the opposite way or it takes two passives extra to get ironwood.
~Donkster5
"
trifrost263 wrote:
Great build. Pretty much a casual player and down Sirus(AL5) deathless today. First build that let me did it deathless and without any heart attack. Pretty much just run around like a headless chicken, dropping totems and shooting from time to time.

I’m so glad you like it and congrats on Sirus deathless! The ability to focus on boss mechanics and still be dealing decent damage is super helpful. It’s not as brain dead as RF of old or summoners, but not having to stop and re-aim every couple seconds sure helps.
~Donkster5
Hello there,

Level 96 in SSFHC (my max in ssf actually)

I love the build really, it's just a pain in the ass to get the cluster jewels for end game in SSFHC.

@Donkster : I might have missed it but I did not find a part where you talk about clusters
To me you need the totem medium cluster that gives onlaught in endgame and the large bow one that gives dot multiplier + skill duration

I'm still trying to find the totem one :'( and then I could switch my armour to one of those ones, which one do you think is the best guyz ? I think the first one since I can get spell dodge even if I lose some HP.

I managed to craft a really good life cluster though.

Regarding the issue to keep totems alive, to me in ultimatum you just need to run around and keep spamming them.
+2 to support helps a lot as it makes your totem support higher level it sure isn't enough.

Are you guyz gonna play gauntlet ?

@Donkster : I would really like you to make a build with explosive arrow totems :D hard to league start with it I think but I'll play that in a near future for sure !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info