Chance to Flee

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There is no duration, and flee effects are not 'active' for a time. If the chance to flee triggers, that monster immediately starts a flee action away from the the thing which hit it. It is not 'locked into' fleeing for any length of time.

This totally confuses me.
I mean, how does it work then?
They get hit, so they start to flee. Some time after they stop fleeing.
That is the duration.

Maybe the duration is not static, but there definitely is some timespan they flee.
How is it determined? Do they run a given distance?
Or does it behave like flee Random(0, 10) meter?

Please collaborate on the mechanics of such a 'flee action'.
After watching monkeys and humans flee and spread burning damage with elemental proliferation, I'm thinking this might be most useful supporting chance to ignite and prliferation. The fleeing effects seem too erratic to justify using it for defensive purposes, but it does seem to be enough to cause burning dot to spread like.. well.. wildfire, since monkey seem to suffer from the spreading burning ailment worse than skeletons (for example).

Edit: Perhaps this could be useful for defensive purposes (bow builds) and it just seems more effective with burning dot because the spreading burning animation gives a visual indicator? I dunno, I haven't used this yet, only observed monkeys who flee naturally when set ablaze.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Aug 20, 2012, 5:05:42 PM
I agree there should be an indicator showing which mobs are fleeing (Ie. swirly over the heads)

Aswell it should work to a much lesser extent on uniques

Bored in an airport? Yell, 'bomb!'
This does not 'sadly' effect human players correct?
Definitely agree on putting a visual indicator on fleeing enemies.

Also, I have the impression that flee never works. I have never seen any enemy really flee, they whether just stand by doing nothing or run after you. Perhaps enemies affected by flee should have their movement speed increased for the duration of the flee. That seems logical to me
Last edited by Shuria on Dec 8, 2012, 9:39:48 AM
I've definitely seen it work.
Put it on fire storm, and those pesky snake constructs in the ruins constantly disappeared after a few hits.
Made it rather hard to actually kill them.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
So it's confirmed that they work.
It's still hard to distinguish which enemy is fleeing and which one is making a "tactical retreat"
Especially as some enemies constantly retreat, fire damage causes fleeing, as may criticals or nearby mobs dying for some enemies.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Rayshan wrote:

Or does it behave like flee Random(0, 10) meter?
Similar to this. Fleeing is to a location, or until something interrupts to prevent them getting there, not for some duration.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
...or until something interrupts to prevent them getting there...

This is the reason people cannot use multi hit skills with this support. I assumed multiple hits would translate to multiple chances. That is now wrong because if something triggered early and takes damage, then that foe's flee is canceled and thus wasted.

edit: Not a complaint but me going "oops".
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 10, 2012, 12:03:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info