Chance to Flee

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2022, 4:05:58 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
How long does it make them flee for?

Does this have some kind of diminishing returns, can it be applied again if a 'fear' is already active?

Does this work with totems/traps, and if it does, what does the mob flee from, the player or the inflicting trap/totem?
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
How long does it make them flee for?

Does this have some kind of diminishing returns, can it be applied again if a 'fear' is already active?
There is no duration, and flee effects are not 'active' for a time. If the chance to flee triggers, that monster immediately starts a flee action away from the the thing which hit it. It is not 'locked into' fleeing for any length of time.

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
Does this work with totems/traps, and if it does, what does the mob flee from, the player or the inflicting trap/totem?
The totem/trap.
I currently have this support gem linked to Burning Arrow and it says it should be working but I have yet to see anything flee, its currently at a 28% chance and I'm using Burning Arrow decently often.

Edit: Has anyone noticed it working?
Beyond_Bow_BobMKIII Level 80 Tornado Shot Scion
Last edited by Zeshin on May 10, 2012, 12:01:52 AM
Same i am not sure if the monster is fleeing or just walking back. It would be awesome to see something on their head to indicate if they are fleeing or anything to show that we actually feared them.

Does this work on people(for PVP)?. Then this would be pretty good as a first support gem.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
I'd like to second the notion for a visual indicator for when a monster is actually fleeing.

I have noticed this skill gem actually working on normal mods, but it would be a lot more visually appealing with an icon above their head, maybe a chicken. :D

I've not seen the effects work on Rare/Boss mobs yet. Statistically speaking, as many times I have used the skill gem on a high HP ones, it should have at least triggered once, but I'll test some more.
Last edited by drew_benton on May 10, 2012, 4:15:28 PM
Magic monster have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing for any reason, rares and uniques have 100%
I had a unique Blackheart ring in .98 that made things flee, is it the same mechanic that ring gives?

The ring was quite nice because it would make yellows and even Merveil/Brutus flee sometimes.

Of course, the ring would be a total pos without that effect...
Why cant u make it so it has less of an effect on bosses instead of making it totally useless against bosses?Was planning a puncture supported w flee till I read it doesnt work on bosses.....
(Edit) After paying more attention to it, I think the targeting issue I described below was a combination of the stress test lag and me accidentally pushing the key I have mapped to show items on my G13 while I was trying to attack.
Spoiler
I've noticed targeting problem with fleeing monsters. As soon as they turn to walk away, I lose the ability to shoot them with my bow unless I have shift held down. They are still showing as targeted though.

I've also noticed that I can get monsters to flee out of aggro radius and forget about me - either that or their path finding gets confused. I'm not sure if that's by design or not. I expected that they would come back after me because I usually have a degen on them (this is my piercing, multiple projectiles, poison arrow, puncture, burning arrow build).

(Edit) The weird path finding after mobs flee is still an issue though - I've seen more than one milling around a short distance away like they're stuck on the terrain.
Last edited by Pandemoniac on May 12, 2012, 9:05:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info