Remote Mine

"
cescobar wrote:
Just a question, probably very simple, but I couldn't find this explicitly stated anywhere, and was wondering if it worked like Bear Trap:

Does the mine still deal spell damage? Do passive nodes that increase spell damage affect skills that are linked to Remote Mine?
The mine does not (and can not) change what damage a skill does. If the skill deals spell damage normally, it will still do so when supported by remote mine. If it does not, it will not.

"
cescobar wrote:
EDIT: Thought of another question. Does faster cast speed affect how quickly you can set/detonate mines? Or are the specific "Trap Laying Speed" passives the only way to hasten the animation?
"Detonate" is a spell and thus affected by cast speed. Placing a mine/throwing a trap is not casting a spell, and is not affected by cast speed modifiers.

The trap.mine actually casting the spell is affected by cast speed (assuming the trapped skill is a spell).
"
cescobar wrote:
I know that it is still a spell, but look at Bear Trap. It is a spell that is not affected by Increased Spell Damage nodes or modifiers on items, because the Trap is casting the spell, not you.
No, it's a spell only technically, because it can't be attack, and it deals non-spell damage because it's clearly thematically not magical, it's a physical thing, not a spell. It not dealing spell damage is nothing to do with damage being dealt via the trap.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 21, 2013, 10:51:37 PM
"
Danny wrote:
Example: Flame Totem linked to Remote Mine does not deal more damage.
It does. It's applying a damage multiplier stat to whatever skill the mine uses. If a totem skill has a damage multiplier stat, it applies to the totem's damage. Remove mine allows you to get extra damage from your totems at the expense of not being able to place them ahead of you.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 7, 2013, 9:34:17 PM
"
The_x_ile wrote:
does anybody know what is the base duration of laying a mine?
thanks
500ms
"
Mokihiki wrote:
Patch 2.4.0 changed Remote Mine Support's damage multiplier to not work with damage over time.

However, the new wording "Supported Skills deal "x"% more Damage with Hits" implies the damage multiplier works with summons like Zombies again.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the damage actually applies?

for reference:
That's already fixed locally, and will be deployed to the live realm soon if it hasn't already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info