Remote Mine

Unavailable
Unavailable

Linking this to a Spell Skill Gem will let you trigger the skill remotely.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Oct 1, 2019, 9:19:04 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2018, 9:26:38 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'm still kind of confused, how do you detonate mines? Using the skill again? But then how do you get more than 1 mine out?
"
I'm still kind of confused, how do you detonate mines? Using the skill again? But then how do you get more than 1 mine out?
Once you've placed at least one mine, a new skill button appears floating above the others with the "detonate" skill.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Once you've placed at least one mine, a new skill button appears floating above the others with the "detonate" skill.
So you'll have to click it? Can you map a key to it?
PoE is Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is Torchlight 2
Torchlight 2 is Fate 5
Last edited by notevenhere on May 9, 2012, 9:22:16 AM
Does this work with auras? If it does, what is the effect?
At best it would flash the aura and then go away, it's not a totem after all. How do mines work with directional spells? Traps obviously would aim towards the enemy that triggered it, but where does the mine shoot? Towards you, or perhaps the nearest enemy?
"
Does this work with auras? If it does, what is the effect?
Auras, and other spells that require being turned on for a duration, cannot be put on traps or mines.
"
How do mines work with directional spells? Traps obviously would aim towards the enemy that triggered it, but where does the mine shoot? Towards you, or perhaps the nearest enemy?
When detonated, a mine with a spell that targets an enemy will find the closest enemy within the trap trigger radius, and target that.
This feels very meh. It simply isn't competitive with a conventional brute force build. I have no idea what would constitute a fix.
double
Last edited by TinyAngryCrab on May 13, 2012, 3:48:14 PM
This gem currently functions with totems, a combination that is gamebreakingly overpowered.

Base cast rate testing with level 1 shockwave totem and level 1 remote mine allowed 25 totems onscreen simultaneously, and this count could be maintained permanently. The resulting shockwave overlap provided enough knockback to shove all monsters off the screen or into a corner nearly instantly, keeping the trapped ones locked in place until they died. Melee monsters were rendered completely helpless, while most ranged monsters attacks were absorbed by the huge cluster of totems.

Its also not hard to extrapolate how much stronger the above would be on a dedicated totemancer build with fully leveled gems and supports to match, especially if/when more/stronger totems are added to the game.

Edit: Found a minor bug: If the detonate command is remapped, then the remote mine gem removed, any skill later mapped to that key will be cleared on each rezone. Re-equipping the remote mine gem and letting the detonate command be reset to its default key (D) fixes the issue.

Screenshots:

IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on May 14, 2012, 5:48:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info