[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

"
Perce7979 wrote:
"
FNRTJ wrote:

One thing I haven't tried yet but might is using kitava's heralds spectres once the gem is 13 so I can get rid of skeletons and full lazy mode the build, but skeletons add too much damage during levelling, so not too keen to try it.

Exactly what I am going to do. I think Kitava's Heralds are a bit underrated as they have very good AI

This could actually be a very good option for pure phys. I didn't think about looking for melee phys spectres, was completely tunnel visioning on trying to support my golems with a ranged one who could use GMP for clear speed.

The state of ranged phys spectres is very sad atm. SOs are basically the god of spectres, all other ranged phys options are an insult to the game.
Kitava Heralds seem cool though, I might try them out before league start to see how it feels on one of my 10 different lvl 40 test runners :-)
"
andysunmoxi wrote:
Do we strictly need 100% BV uptime and can’t settle for 85%? Both curses and EE have durations longer than the 1 sec downtime so I would imagine the impact won’t be material as long as they are refreshed frequently?

We can absolutely settle for 85%, I will have to test out how it feels after patch hits. I will be trying to run mistress of sacrifice early though anyway for the 15% movement speed and ~30 second long Flesh Offerings.

The reason I'm looking for 100% uptime on BV is because I personally like the consistency of always having my debuffs instantly applied to a target.

On a side note, I've been doing some high budget experimenting with weapon swapping and it looks like we'll be able to still keep Frost Bomb in the build. We'll also be able to use desecrate + Duration + Flesh Offering trigger aswell so we can get these long ass offerings for bosses too.
"
FNRTJ wrote:
"
Morbidbeast07 wrote:
Loving the detailed guide and all the budget options! I've read through pretty much the entire guide and once again plan on doing carrion golems (have done aura stacking the last 2 leagues). I noticed in your leveling guide we go Ele and switch Necro once we get the medium budget together. When you league start do you think you'll go the slave drivers route since we get them earliest? Do you only swap to carrions once we have access to SO? Thanks in advance!

I adapted tytykiller's run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRr8MirbDK8 to fit carrion golems and it seems to work out fine.

Been practicing the league start for this build, and I find that I like switching to carrion right as I finish first lab for the +1 golems and spec golem commander on the tree. Really important to get a +1 to level of minion gems helmet as well (use the vendor recipe of a life flask of animation and then sell it with a magic helmet that's 4 linked and easy to color 2r-2b for carrion, minion damage, multistrike, and melee phys). I use the frenzy/power charge spectres once my spectre gem is lvl 13 for 3 spectres, and use skeletons the entire way till maps. Important to spec some minion survivability nodes before switching to spectres so they don't die constantly. Once you get SO then you switch to using spectres in your main links instead of skeles.

One thing I haven't tried yet but might is using kitava's heralds spectres once the gem is 13 so I can get rid of skeletons and full lazy mode the build, but skeletons add too much damage during levelling, so not too keen to try it.

Yeah, Tytys summoner walkthrough is probably better than mine and if you're a speedrunner I would definitely look into his runs instead. Your runthrough seems really solid. One could maybe even make an argument for running the phys build without any spectres at all, just keeping skeletons like you did and simply get the spectres once they're available.

In the end it doesn't really matter too much how we choose to run it. All versions with a Golem + Curse + an Aura absolutely takes a crap on the campaign. I am bothered though by how squishy the spectres are.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Perce7979 wrote:
"
FNRTJ wrote:

Exactly what I am going to do. I think Kitava's Heralds are a bit underrated as they have very good AI

This could actually be a very good option for pure phys. I didn't think about looking for melee phys spectres, was completely tunnel visioning on trying to support my golems with a ranged one who could use GMP for clear speed.

The state of ranged phys spectres is very sad atm. SOs are basically the god of spectres, all other ranged phys options are an insult to the game.
Kitava Heralds seem cool though, I might try them out before league start to see how it feels on one of my 10 different lvl 40 test runners :-)

They aren't pure melee, they also do a ranged ball attack, but then leap slam into melee. But I feel like they dont get "stuck" in one or the other too often.
"
They aren't pure melee, they also do a ranged ball attack, but then leap slam into melee. But I feel like they dont get "stuck" in one or the other too often.

Are they tanky enough to survive the campaign?
Hey,
very nice build guide. It´s very detailed and got a lot of information.

I got some questions anyawy.

In your Campaign guide you only mentioned Elementalist as a Ascendancy. At What point would you swap to Necro and would it be possible to start as Necro in the first place? Maybe you could add some Necro stuff to the Camapign guide aswell. Atleast that would help me very well. Since i mostly play Necro and never realy touched Elementalist.
"

They have 360% life, which is 3.6x slave drivers, with just the sacrifice wheel they're able to tank acts from my test. They were easily able to tank a6 boss (big crab) while standing in the water wall thing.

Did a run with them, and they do decent damage and help clear a little bit. Linked them up with meleephys-multistrike-melee splash, but not sure how much splash helps compared to say, pulverise. They do help supplement damage a lot, and after adding them, I was insta-phasing bosses. The build does get extremely socket-starved once you try fitting them in. A big part of it is that I kept skeletons, but it gets very difficult to try to manage sockets at that point, and it might just be because I got lucky in my run and got as many good coloured sockets with decent stats on gear as I did that I was even able to fit them in.
Last edited by FNRTJ on Apr 15, 2021, 4:39:06 PM
"
SilzZ wrote:
Hey,
very nice build guide. It´s very detailed and got a lot of information.

I got some questions anyawy.

In your Campaign guide you only mentioned Elementalist as a Ascendancy. At What point would you swap to Necro and would it be possible to start as Necro in the first place? Maybe you could add some Necro stuff to the Camapign guide aswell. Atleast that would help me very well. Since i mostly play Necro and never realy touched Elementalist.

I would strongly advice to go for Elementalist while leveling because it's alot stronger than necro early on, especially during leveling and when on a low budget. This is because you get 2 extra golems and alot of golem buff effect.
It also has better survivability.

I would recommend most people to swap from elementalist to necro once they get the primordial jewels because then Necromancer goes from 3 golems to 5.

That being said, you can easily run necro all the way if you like. The difference isn't too big. You basically do everything the same but specc into all minion nodes for necro. If you check the low budget guide you find a necro build there aswell, specc the same in the ascendency.

The skill tree is identical for all versions of the build.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"

100% absolutely. You can see FNRTJ's post below. The issue that you'd have with them, as FNRTJ said as well, is its really hard to know which support to give them, as they do a few things well, but none terrifically. For this reason, when you're stuck at 4 or 5 links, I think they shine, but maybe arent specialized enough for very high end content.

As I said though, not only tanky, but solid AI. I recommend them.
"
100% absolutely. You can see FNRTJ's post below. The issue that you'd have with them, as FNRTJ said as well, is its really hard to know which support to give them, as they do a few things well, but none terrifically. For this reason, when you're stuck at 4 or 5 links, I think they shine, but maybe arent specialized enough for very high end content.

As I said though, not only tanky, but solid AI. I recommend them.

Sorry to refute you right after having sung their praises, but after having run the numbers through pob and played with them, kitava's heralds just aren't worth the sockets. Frenzy charge apes actually offer a significant amount more dps and only take up 2 sockets (spectre+blood magic/whatever it's called now, I think lifetap?). I had to give up convocation (pain in the ass when minions would be stuck on a rare mob 1 screen away) and flesh offering to fit kitava's heralds.

I'd just use frenzy/power charge apes (grab 2 frenzy and 1 power charge once you get your 3rd spectre) until you get to maps for SO, or SO if you're league starting late.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info