[Outdated] Lancing Steel Raider | SoftCore | Not league starter viable anymore

Are you sure that deadeye doesn't need any pierce/fork supports? I've leveled char with only chain from ascendancy and it was insanely painful i must admit. This one chain is straight up joke. I was regularly being overwhelmed in ultimatums due to no clear. Once i got my hands on 6 link i saw that many people on poe ninja are running fork/pierce supports even as deadeyes with chain ascendancy. I tried it and will never go back, it finally got some clear.
May be once you get saviour and your dps becomes so big that it kills yellow monster on map within 3-4 projectiles or boots with +2 pierces etc, it may be viable but before that you should hate somebody to suggest him to level without pierce/fork.
Last edited by Profatum on Apr 19, 2021, 8:41:01 AM
"
Pruney wrote:
Sniper made it much more viable single target, im ripping through content atm

However, what is your opinion on going Deadeye with +chain and +2 projectiles

and then going multiple projectiles gem+chain gem on lancing steel?

Much more aoe and clear from stuff I've seen online

Heya! Thanks for the reply!

I don't really liked that. Saw some people doing this but before getting enought base damage you'll be shooting peas. By using that setup, for example, my current dps is halved.
Fell in love with PoE and now it's my crack.
"
Profatum wrote:
Are you sure that deadeye doesn't need any pierce/fork supports? I've leveled char with only chain from ascendancy and it was insanely painful i must admit. This one chain is straight up joke. I was regularly being overwhelmed in ultimatums due to no clear. Once i got my hands on 6 link i saw that many people on poe ninja are running fork/pierce supports even as deadeyes with chain ascendancy. I tried it and will never go back, it finally got some clear.
May be once you get saviour and your dps becomes so big that it kills yellow monster on map within 3-4 projectiles or boots with +2 pierces etc, it may be viable but before that you should hate somebody to suggest him to level without pierce/fork.

Heya! Thanks for the reply! That's a good point. I was giving some though into this because it really is a inconsistency I've noticed. Some people following the guide that got in touch with me have not been having issues with this and some have. I stil don't know if its related to character dps or is related to impale chance, since using Call of Steel should be exploding enemies around the enemies hit. I'll update the guide to reflect that shortly.
Guide for Champion please.
"
Guide for Champion please.

Working on that, still level 85 with my Champion this league. I'm still optimising the leveling tree and seeing what works best for the character.

You may want to use this PoB here: https://pastebin.com/kk9MWkG2

Just have in mind that it's a Work in progress PoB. Feel free to ask any questions about the PoB and the leveling with Duelist. For the most part you can follow the gearing and gem-links for raider. When you are able to try to get an Lioney's Vision, it helps greatly while leveling and I may use a 6-link one until I acquire a rare crafted body armour.
Hello! Thanks for sharing this build. I like it and play on it, but i cant understand a style of fightning while using LS and COS. Can u explain in details how to use skills? I googled "impale" and now i think i shouldnt call of steel after throwing them on a boss.

Just some steps while u killing...Drox? for example.

1) Totem, call of steel 3 times
2) blood rage
3) movement skill
4) what next? Stay close to boss and use lancing steel? What to do after spendind all of 12 shards? Call again, come close and throw again?

Im weak for now, but it can be cause of my unknowing how to use that.. Please help me =)))

https://pastebin.com/cF0mS4tS

This is my pob code.
I ended up getting a lionseye and dropped pierce for greater multishot.

Brilliant clear speed but then swapped it out for Brutality.

Stuck in the middle at the moment because clear speed without greater multi is a lot slow but the damage bonus from brutality/no greater is much better

Are there any other gems that would be a better alternative than greater multishot? Fork? Chain?

You just dont have enough swords without greater multi
Yo.
"
Disparser wrote:
Hello! Thanks for sharing this build. I like it and play on it, but i cant understand a style of fightning while using LS and COS. Can u explain in details how to use skills? I googled "impale" and now i think i shouldnt call of steel after throwing them on a boss.

Just some steps while u killing...Drox? for example.

1) Totem, call of steel 3 times
2) blood rage
3) movement skill
4) what next? Stay close to boss and use lancing steel? What to do after spendind all of 12 shards? Call again, come close and throw again?

Im weak for now, but it can be cause of my unknowing how to use that.. Please help me =)))

https://pastebin.com/cF0mS4tS

This is my pob code.

Heya! Thanks for replying!

Unfortunatelly Lancing Steel requires getting used to, since you have a lot things to keep up and track of, those being Steel shards, move skill if using beltimber, totem, Blood rage.

You need to use Call of Steel to keep you steel shards up and maximize your dps, don't be afraid of using it since it deals all the impales' stored damage as an AoE reflected damage, you're not really losing damage, it even helps with clear.
I'm currently killing drox really quickly, and that's how I approach boss fights:

-Use Call of Steel to set up my 12 steel shards;
-Place my bestie Ancestral Protector;
-Use Blood Rage;
-Cast Sniper's mark;
-Use my movement skill to proc Beltimber's mod;
-Attack Boss Thrice;
-Repeat skipping steps if something is still active(totem, curse or BR);

I saw you're using the Offering to the serpent already, i suggest going for large clusters ASAP to gain the most out of those beautys. Also, try getting a second Beltimber Blade while you still doesn't have a The Saviour, will give you a big boost to dps. Remember to allocate Forceful Skewering asap to get a big damage and impale chance boost. If you feel you're having trouble with bossing, drop the vulnerability in the CWDT setup and start to self-cast a Sniper's mark on bosses. Just by simulating those things I told ya, you're getting 5 million sirus dps using your PoB.

Hope that helps! Have a good one and take it easy!
"
Pruney wrote:
I ended up getting a lionseye and dropped pierce for greater multishot.

Brilliant clear speed but then swapped it out for Brutality.

Stuck in the middle at the moment because clear speed without greater multi is a lot slow but the damage bonus from brutality/no greater is much better

Are there any other gems that would be a better alternative than greater multishot? Fork? Chain?

You just dont have enough swords without greater multi

Heya! Fork is the best alternative to Pierce. Last season I used awakened fork instead of pierce support to run 5-way carries and it greatly increases clearspeed, just not the best for bossing. Remember to keep your steel shards count up even while clearing mobs. CoS's relfected damage also helps clear by dealing a good AoE damage.

Also, I took the time to check your PoB. Do not use silver flasks, you have permanent onslaught with Raider, get a Diamon flask instead. I'm using the same gem setup you are in mapping and the clear is fine, but fork with improve your clear while having you lose only 20% total dps, not that much. ALso, a second Beltimber would greatly improve your clearspeed.

Thanks for the reply! Hope that helps! Have a great one!
Last edited by Leckarion on Apr 19, 2021, 11:47:07 AM
Thanks dude. Will try Fork out.

What do you think about putting points into this section of the tree?

https://imgur.com/jsV12h1

It has 3 impale nodes

Here is the large node

https://imgur.com/FPKSLUB
Yo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info