[Outdated] Lancing Steel Raider | SoftCore | Not league starter viable anymore

Hi! I'm starting a private league with 15 other people and I'm very interested in your build :)

How viable do you think your build would be in this semi-ssf situation? I'd not have the Lord of Steel jewel and the Savior sword right away so that might be annoying. Do you think the build would be unplayable without these two items? (at least until I'm able to get them probably in early red maps). Am I going to suffer too much? lol.

Thanks!
"
guidulove wrote:
Hi! I'm starting a private league with 15 other people and I'm very interested in your build :)

How viable do you think your build would be in this semi-ssf situation? I'd not have the Lord of Steel jewel and the Savior sword right away so that might be annoying. Do you think the build would be unplayable without these two items? (at least until I'm able to get them probably in early red maps). Am I going to suffer too much? lol.

Thanks!

Heya! Thanks for replying! The build is viable in SSF without The Saviour and Beltimber Blade. The Saviour simply increases your clearspeed and almost doubles your single target dps, but you can do just fine without it if you go with Deadeye, her free chain really helps with the clear. The real problem is getting the large clusters, but you can actually build the character without clusters it will just be less effective and have less base jewels sockets.

I went ahead and realocated the points in a good way for a no clusters version(still using Thread of Hope and Raider, but you can easily adapt it).

Most important of all, have fun with the build! ANd thanks for the interest:)
Fell in love with PoE and now it's my crack.
Last edited by Leckarion on Apr 14, 2021, 10:00:24 PM
"
Leckarion wrote:
"
guidulove wrote:

Thanks!

Heya! Thanks for replying! The build is viable in SSF without The Saviour and Beltimber Blade. The Saviour simply increases your clearspeed and almost doubles your single target dps, but you can do just fine without it if you go with Deadeye, her free chain really helps with the clear. The real problem is getting the large clusters, but you can actually build the character without clusters it will just be less effective and have less base jewels sockets.

I went ahead and realocated the points in a good way for a no clusters version(still using Thread of Hope and Raider, but you can easily adapt it).

Most important of all, have fun with the build! ANd thanks for the interest:)

Thanks a lot for the detailed response :)

I've never played SSF before so this will surely be a challenge!
Last edited by guidulove on Apr 14, 2021, 10:33:37 PM
Looks awesome! I can't wait to try it and just BRRRRRR everything (sorry xd) Thx for the guide.
Guide looks legit and thanks for your hard work. I was wondering about the leveling portion. What would you recommend for the league start leveling process? I have tried frost blades and all the different steel skills and they are alright until i get to act 3 and things just take forever to die.

Also even after getting lancing, my damage takes a huge hit without a 4-link with pierce set up. Am i doing something wrong?
"
Guide looks legit and thanks for your hard work. I was wondering about the leveling portion. What would you recommend for the league start leveling process? I have tried frost blades and all the different steel skills and they are alright until i get to act 3 and things just take forever to die.

Also even after getting lancing, my damage takes a huge hit without a 4-link with pierce set up. Am i doing something wrong?

I also tested the early leveling the last days. What worked best for me was fetching the first quest with a marauder to get an early "Ancestral Protector". Takes only 2 mins and the single target damage is much better with an early one.
Then frostblades with added cold and added fire support. Act 2 I went with a four link and added pierce. I personally took 2-handed weapons as the damge was higher (at least that was what i experienced but im a total noob so ;))

Cant tell what happens in the later Acts damage wise as I only took it through A3 several times.
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:

Heya, thanks for replying! I will update shortly the guide with some optimizations based on people's experiences(yours included). I created a new character to check it out and indeed pierce is kinda lackluster in a 4-link setup.
I got to act 3 in a bit less than a hour doing the following:
Took caustic arrow as soon as I got to Lioney's watch then rushed to merveil's caverns(picking shrapnel ballista + chance to bleed support along the way and a mirage archer support). It was smooth sailing untill I got toxic rain on level 12 as a reward for getting to mervail's caverns. When I got lancing steel I equiped some swords I found on the ground and set maim support, chance to bleed and vicious projectiles alongside it. My clear was decent enough and single target was decent because of the sniper's mark I picked up. From then on you'll only get stronger while leveling Lancing Steel and getting more base damage and attack speed.

"
Ryzewarnung wrote:

I also tested the early leveling the last days. What worked best for me was fetching the first quest with a marauder to get an early "Ancestral Protector". Takes only 2 mins and the single target damage is much better with an early one.
Then frostblades with added cold and added fire support. Act 2 I went with a four link and added pierce. I personally took 2-handed weapons as the damge was higher (at least that was what i experienced but im a total noob so ;))

Cant tell what happens in the later Acts damage wise as I only took it through A3 several times.

That's an awesome approach, didn't think about 2-handed weapons early but makes sense because of their good base damage in the early acts. Also, I'll point out the marauder rush to get anscestral protector early in the guide. Thanks for pointing that out, totally forgot that Marauder gets access to totems earlier.
Last edited by Leckarion on Apr 15, 2021, 12:55:22 PM
"
Zegr wrote:
Looks awesome! I can't wait to try it and just BRRRRRR everything (sorry xd) Thx for the guide.

Heya! Thanks for replying! I'm glad ya enjoyed the guide and hope you have fun with it in 3.14!
hooray!!!
Leckarion, thanks for you guide.

I started leveling just to see how it looks like and...here is your mistake:

Your Leveling PoB for Ranger: https://pastebin.com/5AgFPtv8
...cannot get along with the gems you suggested in your Gem links: Leveling section (the ones that should bring us to lvl 28 where we can start using lancing steel).

Reason for that is that you suggest Toxic Rain, but on your PoB you go to 'Fatal Blade' wheel-nodes, which are all about crit and crit multi for swords!

I just had trouble to kill The Weawer. Took me probably 5 min, with the links you suggested:

Toxic Rain - Mirage Archer - Lesser Poison
&
Shrapnel Ballista - Cance to Bleed

Then I went to Oak, and it was impossible to kill him because damage done by TR, with nodes wasted on sword passive points, is very low!

So... would you mind suggesting some other leveling skill (up until lvl 28) that wont be a torture?

Thanks!
Last edited by drunkydragon on Apr 15, 2021, 5:13:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info