Ethereal Knives

So, since this is a spell that uses Physical Damage, Hatred effects it.

Can I assume Anger and Wrath also effect it? If so, that would make it a very unique spell. Could easily see a critical strike build with all three elements for easy elemental proliferation.

Also, I assume Mind Drinker would proc off this spell as well, since it uses Physical Damage as it's base.

The spell seems weird in it's execution, but it seems there could be a lot of fun things to do with it if it works how I assume above.

Look at this unique:

Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade
100% Physical Damage
10 INT
50% Critical Strike Chance
5% Physical Damage = Mana
10% Reduced Maximum Life
56% Energy Shield

Assuming one dual-wielded these, it's another 5% Crit Chance on the spell, and 200% Damage boost, since it uses Physical Damage. Also, Ephemeral Edge has a % of Mana on Physical Damage as well. Pair that with Mind Drinker and you leech back 12% of the damage you do.

Either way, this is all speculation. I haven't gotten the skill yet in-game. But if it can work as above, I'm sure there could be several builds uprising from this spell alone. The first physical-based spell. Simply think around that.
Last edited by gdaniels18 on May 13, 2012, 8:29:16 AM
You do realize that the physical damage on that unique is a local mod for the weapon and not a global attack modifier, right?

also 50% crit chance is a joke as you can get daggers with 80% and additional 99% spell crit. But as daggers can'T have a cast speed mod on them they are useless for this skill. Another thing with 5% base crit chance you can't do any seriously crit oriented build. Icespear with mp has a lot more arc than this and also 40% MORE crit + 600% artillery bonus.
"
Headhorr wrote:

also 50% crit chance is a joke as you can get daggers with 80% and additional 99% spell crit.

remember that these values are modifiers of the base chance to crit, and not indicative of your overall chance to crit.
so is the 50% on chance on the Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade.

what i am saying is that 2 daggers with overall spell crit of 2x170=340% will on ethereal knives only result in 17% Crit chance while with icespear you have with the same values 23.8% close range and 65.8% long range crit chance if i remember it correctly.

I know that you could skill more passives into crit chance. What i am saying is that icespear is SO!!!! much better.
Since both spells have the same base cast speed this spell is basicly useless, as are most other spells(firestorm was ok, till they nerfed it, spark can be ok , but requires better equipment that a basic zomfgtrolololicecritwitch).
Last edited by Headhorr on May 13, 2012, 12:38:55 PM
No leech on attack, no mana leech from "Mind Drinker" that is in range from Shadows, but high mana cost (and no man regen. in the skilltree range).

No pierce, no usefull area, ... this skill is absolute useless.

I think, if you want to use it later on, it's realy dangerous to go as close to the mobs and shoot with crap dam and have no mana/life leech.
The cake is a lie
This skill was disappointing - I expected longer range and a cooler visual effect. Go play some Castlevania for inspiration!
Templar Shadow Knight (build in progress)
"
EmoryM wrote:
This skill was disappointing - I expected longer range and a cooler visual effect. Go play some Castlevania for inspiration!

i did not look at the dmg, but i picked this skill as soon as i saw it.
than i was dissapointed by animation, range, lots of mana cost and poor damage.
maybe you need to look into this skill.
i realy liked the idea of having it.
See you in cutthroat!

...and if you have one beta key left, i have a many friends that are waiting to play PoE.
"
gdaniels18 wrote:

Can I assume Anger and Wrath also effect it?
No, because Ethereal knives isn't an attack.
"

Also, I assume Mind Drinker would proc off this spell as well, since it uses Physical Damage as it's base.
No, because Ethereal knives isn't an attack.

"

Ephemeral Edge Dusk Blade
100% Physical Damage
10 INT
50% Critical Strike Chance
5% Physical Damage = Mana
10% Reduced Maximum Life
56% Energy Shield

Assuming one dual-wielded these, it's another 5% Crit Chance on the spell, and 200% Damage boost, since it uses Physical Damage. Also, Ephemeral Edge has a % of Mana on Physical Damage as well.
That mana leech is only for attacks with the weapon (same with the physical damage, as you've already been told)
"
Headhorr wrote:
daggers can'T have a cast speed mod on them
really? since when? I don't remember that.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on May 14, 2012, 5:06:00 AM
Just saying I am not please with the effect either

It started off as a skill that had long range, stuck into the ground , stuck into enemy's and could hit one enemy multiple times.

Then it sort of turned into... that thing

I was hopeing we get to revamp this at some point because even with 902183029103 cast speed this skill still felt bleh to use on my cheated local copy.

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Oh hi there Russell!

Unleash your remaking skills on this... after fireball >_>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info