Whirling Blades

"
rsbennett00 wrote:
Just curious if this is slated to be fixed any time soon. I realize it's only been 4 and a half years and it's certainly not a priority skill, but eventually I would like to use it.

Very descriptive :/
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
rsbennett00 wrote:
Just curious if this is slated to be fixed any time soon. I realize it's only been 4 and a half years and it's certainly not a priority skill, but eventually I would like to use it.

Very descriptive :/

I get the impression you don't follow this skill and how it's been pretty much broken it's whole life.
Your observation is incredibly wrong, but what else could one have expected.

If you want something fixed, one of a million god damn things, describe the problem. Otherwise, you're just static. Just more whiny non-descript comments, ready to be ignored.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Your observation is incredibly wrong, but what else could one have expected.

If you want something fixed, one of a million god damn things, describe the problem. Otherwise, you're just static. Just more whiny non-descript comments, ready to be ignored.

Wow, this is the last place I expected such hostility. Hopefully there's a way to just mute you on these forums.
Or if WB can't be fixed, how about just allow Leap Slam to work with Daggers and Claws? I think that's all people really want, WB's movement to work as well as leap slam.
I would also liked if we were able to scale walls or leap over chasms using WB.
I mean I don't want to be forced to use lightening warp, (which is considerably slower) just to be able to get away from impending "doom" or critical blows.

I'm aware that this change would make WB very powerful, but at least it would make it viable.

Plus finally every class would have the same ability to scale the terrain without having to heavily invest in some other class's nodes.
Just died lvl98 during a lag spike cause this skill is ALWAYS going back when u lag.
Result instead escaped... I go back on bearers and BOOM !!! //feel so happy !
So I have some not quite useful feedback.

IMO it's the best movement skill the game currently has. Even after two attack time nerfs it still can be scaled to "enjoyable" speed while used by a caster.

I'd say the skill has two (abstract) general breakpoints 1.25 sec and 0.9sec attack time.
Spoiler

Above 1.25: "slow, unusable, painful to watch"
1.25 - 0.9: see below
0.7 - 0.9: "OMG I'm a Superman"
< 0.7: "why am I constantly whirl back and forth?!"

Let's assume class-specific whirl animation has no negative effect on the skill overall speed. For some reason the skill "feels" differently depending on character type.
Spoiler

1) 1.2sec Witch is "slow but it's fine" and attack time scaling just linearly makes it better.
2) I can clearly feel the difference between 0.95sec and 0.92sec WB attack time Duelist. 0.95-1.2 feels like "I need more attack speed, why is it so clunky"
3) 1.2-0.9sec Scion is terrible all around, it seems she's slightly bouncing back at the few last frames.

A while ago the skill animation was non-interruptible by stun and knockback due to some bug, during that time (patch version 0.10-2.0? ) this behaviour became a skill feature, currently knockback able to interrupt WB movement and I'd say this is an awful interaction. WB is a slow "long animation" skill it's simply not compatible with such common thing as knockback.
Spoiler

If a character suddenly appear in the range of a hasted goatman pack or a brutal shrine with a bunch of ranged monsters, using WB in this case is a "one way ticket", you can whirl-in and that's it, kill everything or die.

The only source of knockback immunity based on lucky corruption. (not every build able to use Kaom's Roots)
You have to have KB immunity if you using WB as a main movement skill and you don't appreciate chiken-logout.
This skill would be a lot more pleasant to use if it had built-in "forced movement" immunity.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
This skill doesn't directly benefit from movement speed (unlike Shield Charge, which takes less time to reach full distance/damage) right? Perhaps like how Shield Charge can be built around as a niche primary attack, Whirling Blades could be a niche primary attack for non-shield builds if it dealt more damage based on your walking speed.
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Jan 4, 2018, 12:58:52 AM
Why can't this cross gaps and go over debris? It looks like the character is flying through the air.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info