Rejuvenation Totem

"
Hojirozame wrote:
I think there's an error with the rejuvenation totem tooltip. Its currently saying "mana reserved" intead of "mana cost".

And you're probably the twenty-thousandth to mention that :P It's due to how Totems are handled; the summoning cost is equal to the cost of the skill that the Totem uses. Rejuv uses an Aura, and auras reserve Mana.
Oh wow I really should have read the rest of the thread. Sorry bout that. *facepalms*
is the rejuvenation effect an actual aura?
whould "Leadership" aura radius work with it?
or what if this skill were put in the prism guardian?
or does it only work with skills that have the "Aura" keyword?
1. Yes.
2. It should.
3. the tags don't list Aura, so it probably wouldn't do anything? However, it might just be missing a tag.
that tag was missing by mistake, but has already been put on for 0.10.0
Thats cool, didn't know the increased aura aoe effected rejuv totem. Makes sense though.
Last edited by Lionguild on Jan 14, 2013, 9:26:45 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
that tag was missing by mistake, but has already been put on for 0.10.0

Nice, Thanks Mark :)
Rejuv totem is freakin awesome. It does the job of the fail Decoy totem and provides decent heals to boot! It's the perfect offtank and pocket healer in one. Wasn't even planning on using it, but grabbed it instead of Enduring Cry this time just to spice things up a bit. Glad I did, feels like a staple of any future str build. 2h molten shell / leap slam Act3 normal HC solo maurader (lvl 32)

Will update after further progress.
To be honest, the totem almost works far too well as a decoy totem. In nearly every encounter my first action will be to drop a totem near me and if possible out of the enemies line of sight so that it won't get destroyed but almost always at some point the enemy will go over and just take it down. The totem has such little health and in so many fights it just dies in the crossfire and it slowly becomes a chore to have to constantly re-summon the damned thing only for it to again get taken out. Enduring Cry is so ineffective at taunting enemies off as well.

I'd love to see some support gems that would actually benefit these kinds of totems, since the only one I can think of is "increased range" which isn't all that amazing. Increased totem life (I know increased gem quality adds life to the totem) or even better completely untargetable / invulnerable support gems that would mean you could throw the totem down and not have to worry about having to recast it multiple times per fight would be amazing but I know this is very unlikely to happen.
Picked this up over the weekend on my dual wield axe Marauder with Blood Magic and love it. It is situational of course, but amazing at the same time. Placing it out of LoS or just behind where I'll be engaging is great as it functions as both a mana and health battery for me. The regen per second is solid as well and if this scales well enough into the future it could become a staple for farming.

Obviously it dies and fast to certain creatures, but it should so no real drawback there. What it does really well it to off-set the dmg from Venomstrike/Punture and most any other DoT. Along with working well against packs of smalle craetures that swarm the Marauder and die before they try to switch targets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info