Community Event: Havoc Blitz

how disappointed, just another community race that most of players (including me) not have a chance to win a prize. Expected a race by GGG, even when i didn't get any reward last GGG races.
So why do players like a speed racer more than a role playing game? I've had to take my Kiwi pet and leave Wraeclast because of this.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
So why do players like a speed racer more than a role playing game? I've had to take my Kiwi pet and leave Wraeclast because of this.

So you are an Oriathian now, in retirement?

A big part of my enjoyment stems from guild achievements during races. So maybe this is not an outcry for more races but rather for events where guilds compete with one another.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Mar 26, 2021, 3:34:54 PM
streamers makes publicity to ggg that's why they support streamers races screwing all the other players like casual or thous who plays just for fun of it. that is one of the reason some players are leaving the game, no events nothing for casual players unless something like cyberpunk would come along again where ggg would be scared to release new league along side it and we would get some dumb events in the meantime that all would be voided and still casual player would get nothing, because racers would take all rewards yet again
Wondering how much money did Havoc gave to GGG to organize this event ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Did you charge Havoc $13,000 to advertise your game for you too? Or was that just Ziz?
"
tsHavok wrote:
RIP old racing. Community effort is cool, but no substitute for syndicated races open to everyone.

I'm too new here to know what the difference is, can anyone help a gal out? :)
I want to rock right meow
"
Arrowneous wrote:

It seems to be the nature of games right now -- Blizzard for instance monetizing Race to World First, which in at least that game has guided design for a couple of xpacs, made raids an arms race between Blizz and the very few players who can actually clear that content when it's current, which makes the content too difficult for the vast majority of players.

I'm not sure that the majority of people play on that level (top 1%ish), it's just the level that gets the publicity (and again, in WoW, has highly influenced design). Not to mention the money, y'all familiar with the Overwatch League buy-in amounts? Bobby Kotic smiles upon his mountain of millions.
I don't want to feel like I'm competing against everyone, I hate the tryhard bullshit, I just want to play an enjoyable game that isn't constantly being made hard enough it's no longer fun.

Hopefully, that won't come to pass here, but GGG seems intent on just providing good content that people enjoy, trying new ideas out and fully developing them (there will be bugs in any game, their patch schedule is consistent, IDK why people rage out over the bugs, chill guys CHILLLL. Also they at least communicate with players, instead of Blizz' Great Wall of Silence).
Dud leagues happen, but it's only 3 months before it's over.
I think there's gonna be flouncers in any game, threatening to leave or just ragequitting over decisions they just don't like for whatever reason.

I've been playing this game for a few years and don't really see any issues, but I'm not a top 1% player and never will be.

I'm happy to potter around and achieve good/great things on my own time, I skip some leagues to push farther in Standard. I managed 24 in Heist so I could get my very own Hana. It felt achievable but difficult enough that I did have to work for it. I'm a slow player in nearly every game, and I'm okay with that. Once design starts to push people like me out of the arena, that's when I do get frustrated.

I don't see any problems with these sorts of events, they're designed to be tougher than the base game, without requiring the base game to become that difficult. Reminds me of the Build Your Own Content from Warcraft 3, before DOTA happened and Blizzard got mad.

But streamers' literal actual jobs are to play a game and be the best they can possibly be. So, events like this happen because that's the way it goes. And again, so long as this stuff doesn't influence the game design for the rest of us, I don't really feel it's a problem. Kids still play USA football when there's athletes out here in the Super Bowl.
I want to rock right meow
Kinda miss short races like Descent tbh, even though I sucked and Helman was winning all the time
fore some reason ggg aims to please few but not the majority
Last edited by medis13 on Mar 27, 2021, 4:02:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info