[3.14] Mjolner Inquisitor done right by Rico

"
"
_DeusEx_ wrote:
"
Hey there! I've been playing this build and really enjoying it, but I'm at the point where I'm not sure what to upgrade and/or change with my gear next.

I'm thinking it's probably upgrading to The Torrent's Reclamation but I just wanted to confirm there's not something obvious I'm missing before I sink 16ex into that.

https://pastebin.com/tW5xqXRP Here's my current gear's PoB.

Before that you should get the res auras all at lvl21. Then i would get better clusters so you can spare a few points to get the jewel slot in the left. Then Thread of hope to get smashing strikes and divine judgement. Your annoit can now changed to cleansed thoughts to get Chaos Cap.

Another watchers eye with ES on Hit and maybe crit Chance with wrath or zealotry.

After that mjolnir with fortify. To get that with the clusters Costs you Tons of damage.

Res auras all at 21 makes sense (Actually just bought the 2 I was missing), as does a watcher's eye with ES on hit + crit chance.

I'm admittedly just using the stampede as a stopgap for now until I get better rare boots with tailwind, so I can go faster.

I'm a little confused about the "better clusters", though - do we not want 6 passive aura effect clusters to get more inc. aura effect?

The fortify cluster is another stopgap until I can afford the many ex for a corrupted mjolner, or corrupt my own. What sort of mods would I want on a large lightning cluster when I finally replace that?

With better CLusters i mean large Clusters. Both with 8 passives.
Mine have for example: 1. Practiced Caster, Arcane Adept, Essence Rush 2. Disorienting Display, Prismatic Heart, Paralysis.

For the Medium clusters you have to look how much points you need to get your max res at 85/85/86. Every point above that is wasted. I personally took some with chaos res to push my cap.

Im still going with the stampedes. I love the movement fix together with the harbinger boost. Cleansed thoughts get me to 75 chaos cap. My triggerate is at 7.5 so tailwind would fuck that up i think. But this is personal liking. Test the tailwinds and go with what you like more.
"
Insaniack wrote:
"
Maôen wrote:
Hi there, so i've been playing CoC Mjolner since the start of the league, first with Esoro's video guide and then switching to yours, Rico, looking way fancier and more efficient.

The thing is, right now, i'm getting kicked in my ass by almost every boss, i feel like missing something important on the build...

I feel like dealing none to low damage, which i hope would be solved by finally 6-Linking my Shavronne ? (over 2400 fuses rn and it still didn't came out)
Also, it looks like i miss tons of defence layers, i miss the Fortify corrupt on the Mjolner, ok, but with the attention i've put into ES nodes through passives & jewels / clusters, i'm only sitting at 7.4 ES right now.

Send help pls

EDIT : Oh also, here's the POB of my current gear and stuff : https://pastebin.com/hzzFvnjB

Biggest issue IMO is you have a trigger rate cap of 7.58. You are currently at 5.06 trigger rate. You need attack speed.

Here is my pob w/ 8.1k ES and 7.47 trigger rate (with a cap of 7.58) - https://pastebin.com/jqcx3qdJ

@Insaniack Your tree and setup are very similar to mine, nice ^,^
I have 97k average hit on BL though instead of 53k, you could probably get some more damage. I switched crit chance gem for crit damage and added 4 stacks of aspect of the spider. I do have 500 less es though.

I would recommend an onslaught on hit ring if you care about bossing, far better than on kill from boots imo since your trigger rate requires onslaught which requires killing. (I know you were giving advice, always room for improvement though! ^.^)

"
_DeusEx_ wrote:
Quick update:

Tipp of Cðm for Strength stacking was helpful. Got myself some new Jewels, Belt and Ring.

My Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/FtdrAAzG

Phys Red. is now at 72%. All Res cap. Damage of one BL at 1.4Mio. Arc at 1.2 Mio.
eHP is at: 142/154/144/144/62

Next invest is going to be a bottled Faith to push BL even more. I think a Watchers Eye with a third mod would be the last big invest if even available.

Delving is a easy because of Watchers Eye ES on hit. This is huge and POB cant do the math right.

Biggest problem was Maven. Was dying instant everytime im near the big brain in the middle. No clue why. Any ideas?

Glad it helped, and that you enjoy The Stampede too :)

There are some "no regen" mechanics if you get hit during the maven. The beams that have a small space to run through will prevent regen for a few seconds if you get hit, and I believe the same with her side beams in brain phase. I might upload a video I made of deathless Maven with the build but I'm kind of lazy :D
Last edited by Cðm on May 11, 2021, 8:55:08 PM
"
Hi, firstly, thanks for the build Rico and thanks Cðm for a lot of thoughtful comments.

Do you guys have any advices what should my next upgrade be? I'm thinkinh its torrent's reclamation, especially that I upgraded my rings so i can cap resistances without rare belt, the only problem is lacking of 20dex, but I guess I can respec a single point for the 30dex node or buy a different jewel to compensate.

I wish I could share my character's pastebin, but unfortunately my IP is somehow flagged by the Cloudflare as suspicious and it forces me to complete the captcha nearly everytime I want to use the site and because of that I cannot import my own character to PoB, as it gets error everytime. My profile is public and if you want too, you can import my character yourself.

I would apreciate any help!

EDIT:
I asked a friend to generate pob for me: https://pastebin.com/bJgcgLaG

Hey, in your POB is a lot of things for staffs. Dont understand why. Serpent stance and enigmatic reach are useless. 7 points for better things. A few jewels have staff mods but mjolnir is a mace.

Dont get confused because of smashing strikes. We use it only for endurance charges!

Your right large Cluster could be replaced with a better one.

Change some of the staff jewels for Attack and cast Speed.
Last edited by _DeusEx_ on May 12, 2021, 3:17:59 AM
"
Cðm wrote:
"
Insaniack wrote:
"
Maôen wrote:
Hi there, so i've been playing CoC Mjolner since the start of the league, first with Esoro's video guide and then switching to yours, Rico, looking way fancier and more efficient.

The thing is, right now, i'm getting kicked in my ass by almost every boss, i feel like missing something important on the build...

I feel like dealing none to low damage, which i hope would be solved by finally 6-Linking my Shavronne ? (over 2400 fuses rn and it still didn't came out)
Also, it looks like i miss tons of defence layers, i miss the Fortify corrupt on the Mjolner, ok, but with the attention i've put into ES nodes through passives & jewels / clusters, i'm only sitting at 7.4 ES right now.

Send help pls

EDIT : Oh also, here's the POB of my current gear and stuff : https://pastebin.com/hzzFvnjB

Biggest issue IMO is you have a trigger rate cap of 7.58. You are currently at 5.06 trigger rate. You need attack speed.

Here is my pob w/ 8.1k ES and 7.47 trigger rate (with a cap of 7.58) - https://pastebin.com/jqcx3qdJ

@Insaniack Your tree and setup are very similar to mine, nice ^,^
I have 97k average hit on BL though instead of 53k, you could probably get some more damage. I switched crit chance gem for crit damage and added 4 stacks of aspect of the spider. I do have 500 less es though.

I would recommend an onslaught on hit ring if you care about bossing, far better than on kill from boots imo since your trigger rate requires onslaught which requires killing. (I know you were giving advice, always room for improvement though! ^.^)

"
_DeusEx_ wrote:
Quick update:

Tipp of Cðm for Strength stacking was helpful. Got myself some new Jewels, Belt and Ring.

My Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/FtdrAAzG

Phys Red. is now at 72%. All Res cap. Damage of one BL at 1.4Mio. Arc at 1.2 Mio.
eHP is at: 142/154/144/144/62

Next invest is going to be a bottled Faith to push BL even more. I think a Watchers Eye with a third mod would be the last big invest if even available.

Delving is a easy because of Watchers Eye ES on hit. This is huge and POB cant do the math right.

Biggest problem was Maven. Was dying instant everytime im near the big brain in the middle. No clue why. Any ideas?

Glad it helped, and that you enjoy The Stampede too :)

There are some "no regen" mechanics if you get hit during the maven. The beams that have a small space to run through will prevent regen for a few seconds if you get hit, and I believe the same with her side beams in brain phase. I might upload a video I made of deathless Maven with the build but I'm kind of lazy :D

Yeah i know, but im not touching the beams. Coming near the brain just kills my ES fast.
Didnt even get to the first memory game. I even put down the damage Balls on the other Side. Just no Idea.

My tip for your 6l: change critical gem with awakened elemental focus. Pushing DPS big time. Shock is then only inflicted by Arc.
Last edited by _DeusEx_ on May 12, 2021, 3:28:36 AM
"
_DeusEx_ wrote:
"
Hi, firstly, thanks for the build Rico and thanks Cðm for a lot of thoughtful comments.

Do you guys have any advices what should my next upgrade be? I'm thinkinh its torrent's reclamation, especially that I upgraded my rings so i can cap resistances without rare belt, the only problem is lacking of 20dex, but I guess I can respec a single point for the 30dex node or buy a different jewel to compensate.

I wish I could share my character's pastebin, but unfortunately my IP is somehow flagged by the Cloudflare as suspicious and it forces me to complete the captcha nearly everytime I want to use the site and because of that I cannot import my own character to PoB, as it gets error everytime. My profile is public and if you want too, you can import my character yourself.

I would apreciate any help!

EDIT:
I asked a friend to generate pob for me: https://pastebin.com/bJgcgLaG

Hey, in your POB is a lot of things for staffs. Dont understand why. Serpent stance and enigmatic reach are useless. 7 points for better things. A few jewels have staff mods but mjolnir is a mace.

Dont get confused because of smashing strikes. We use it only for endurance charges!

Your right large Cluster could be replaced with a better one.

Change some of the staff jewels for Attack and cast Speed.

You are absolutely right with the staff nodes, I cannot believe I left that, it's because I was levelling with reap to check out the new spell, I must have forgotten to switch the nodes somehow.

As it comes to the gems, there is only one with staff spell damage and this is just a random mod that came with %inc ES and double attack speed.

By the right cluster do you mean the large one? And I guess you are reffering to small passives?

How about the Torrent's Reclamation, should I get one? If so, which implicit should I be aiming for with roughly 20ex? I was thinking about %inc str and %inc int.

Thanks a lot for the help!
Last edited by thepotatocannon on May 12, 2021, 3:25:12 AM
@thepotatocannon:

Yeah i mean the large Cluster. Look a few posts back, i already gave an example of mine.

For torrents reclaim definitive %strength and %intelligence as implicits.

After that look for an mjolnir with fortify on hit.

Good luck!
"
_DeusEx_ wrote:

Yeah i know, but im not touching the beams. Coming near the brain just kills my ES fast.
Didnt even get to the first memory game. I even put down the damage Balls on the other Side. Just no Idea.

My tip for your 6l: change critical gem with awakened elemental focus. Pushing DPS big time. Shock is then only inflicted by Arc.

I know ele focus/awakened ele focus is more damage, I was being weird about not getting shock through BL even though I think it doesn't do much since it doesnt hit hard, just often.

Other than that, my last upgrade is getting +1 frenzy on my ring (I have a good ring with +1 frenzy, but it doesn't have flat ES...just waiting for some harvest crafts!)

For bossing a BL setup in MJ would be icing on the cake, but even at my current gear/setup maven goes down pretty fast, but more damage never hurts.

I haven't been playing this coc mjolner much lately, mostly just for bossing, but when I do, it feels so strong. Been having a "blast" on autocaster cwdt bb/bf for zoom zoom mapping ;p

How did you push phys mitigation so high? Is it just your flask setup?
/e NVM - I'm assuming this is with IC up and granite+basalt flask.
Last edited by Cðm on May 12, 2021, 10:11:58 AM
"
Cðm wrote:
"
_DeusEx_ wrote:

I know ele focus/awakened ele focus is more damage, I was being weird about not getting shock through BL even though I think it doesn't do much since it doesnt hit hard, just often.

Other than that, my last upgrade is getting +1 frenzy on my ring (I have a good ring with +1 frenzy, but it doesn't have flat ES...just waiting for some harvest crafts!)

For bossing a BL setup in MJ would be icing on the cake, but even at my current gear/setup maven goes down pretty fast, but more damage never hurts.

I haven't been playing this coc mjolner much lately, mostly just for bossing, but when I do, it feels so strong. Been having a "blast" on autocaster cwdt bb/bf for zoom zoom mapping ;p

How did you push phys mitigation so high? Is it just your flask setup?
/e NVM - I'm assuming this is with IC up and granite+basalt flask.

IC isnt counting to it. But got myself a divergent CWDT for higher IC setup. :)

The high phys is mainly from the flasks. Granite and basalt giving a push, but on the diamond flask is 95% increased armour. Thats togehter with granite gives 32% phys red alone.

I think im giving ball lighting in bossing a try to see how this is pushing things.
what is the fastest attack speed I can have without going over cap? I believe with my onslaught set up and everything I may be hitting a little too fast
"
_DeusEx_ wrote:

IC isnt counting to it. But got myself a divergent CWDT for higher IC setup. :)

The high phys is mainly from the flasks. Granite and basalt giving a push, but on the diamond flask is 95% increased armour. Thats togehter with granite gives 32% phys red alone.

I think im giving ball lighting in bossing a try to see how this is pushing things.

I meant phys EHP hehe. Your EHP is including IC. Go uncheck IC gem in your setup and you'll see the mitigation drop a lot, but the 72% phys miti is indeed just flasks >:D

"
Klassen955 wrote:
what is the fastest attack speed I can have without going over cap? I believe with my onslaught set up and everything I may be hitting a little too fast

Shoot for 7.5 APS in POB if you have CDR (which you should). You can theoretically have like 7.57 or 7.58 APS with 1st cooldown breakpoint.

You can see effective trigger rate in POB if you select your BL skill on the left side. You need to set onslaught, slipstream, frenzy charges etc. to get your true attack speed so make sure you configure it properly :)
Last edited by Cðm on May 12, 2021, 11:56:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info