What games do you guys play other than POE?

vague BL3 spoilers
Oh Jesus, the writing for BL3 was bad. On pretty much every level. One of the few games I had to mute to enjoy, and enjoy it I did after that. Great gameplay. A pity gameplay isn't all I expect from a Borderlands game.

(another game I had to mute to enjoy was Overwatch, except by enjoy here I mean endure for the gaming group's harmony. Never has any one game made me feel less like am ADHD zoomer. OTOH I've never played Fortnite or Roblox.)

(And another was outriders. That game's dialogue gave Borderlands 3 a real run for its money.)

__

I am quite curious about The Centennial Case but not 'here's $80, Square Enix, good luck with those NFTs' level curious. It's been a long time since an interactive whodunnit with live action sequences has made much of a splash, especially now that static art Visual Novels are an accepted form of both game and writing. Bold move to blend VN and live action, but apparently it pays off.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 21, 2022, 1:01:35 PM
I'm very, very hooked on "V Rising" atm. I don't know what it's like to play solo, but it's phenomenal with friends. Absolutely worth the $11-ish it's selling for.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
I'm very, very hooked on "V Rising" atm. I don't know what it's like to play solo, but it's phenomenal with friends. Absolutely worth the $11-ish it's selling for.

Yeah, I watched Skill Up's vid, even discussed it a bit with my partner (she's on a BOTW jag right now). We're vague fans of the genre if it's done right, and Legacy of Kain x Valheim x Diablo is a brilliant little combination. I've got enough on my plate but I can totally see the appeal. I'd probably play it solo with no issues.

__

Speaking of the GF, she (and I to a lesser extent) is quite into a series called Touken Ranbu, in which actual Japanese swords from history manifest as pretty boys and kick seven shades of arse. I like it for the nerdy sword angle, she likes it for the voice acting and character design, and the nerdy sword angle (we dragged each other to a fairly obscure sword museum in Tokyo way back when, each saying to the other 'not really my thing but you'll love it'). Anyway, a 'musou' from the series just came out on Switch, and it's such an amazing rip-off. $60USD or so for a whole 15 characters, AND you have to pay extra for costumes and whatnot.

And it's going to make serious bank in Japan. Of course. There's a readymade market and plenty of thirsty fujoshi (loosely, pretty boy/gay obsessed fangirls; literally 'rotten girl') who've made Touken Ranbu Their Thing. But there must be a lot of Western Switch users who see that pricetag for a lacklustre, barebones musou and wonder wtf is going on. It wasn't featured on the english version of the stream that announced it, so we figured it wouldn't see localisation. Go figure.

We'll wait for a sale, thanks.

__

Turns out Sacred 2 Gold wasn't a passing whim or nostalgic dip in the weird pool of post-Diablo 2, pre-Diablo 3 ARPGs. I've been playing for hours a day, delighting at the fucking BONKERS dialogue (some of which might have been enabled by the Community Patch, but it was always a fourth-wall breaker at odd times), the unusual classes, the huge world, the significant differences not only in the light and dark campaign but in the character's attitude depending on which path you chose for them. It's rarely high quality but it's always deeply entertaining. 'I knew it...I'm nothing more than...an extra...' is one of my favourite NPC death cries in a game, ever.

__

I finally watched Wyatt Cheng's announcement vid of Diablo Immortal cross play/cross progression for PC. I like the guy's enthusiasm, and his owning of the 'phones' gag/meme landed well enough. I didn't know it was going to have wasd optional but it makes sense: Diablo hasn't been a point and click game since its successful transition to console, and DI uses an onscreen controller. This also keys into the one thing I found quite engaging with DI in testing: moving and aiming AOEs at the same time. It's not essential but it's an elegant enough solution for a genre that has struggled with feeling static or janky (do I move or do I act?) due to its turn-based origins.

My recommendation based on what I tested is: play it for free, enjoy the story, the references, the voice acting (it's really fucking good to hear Cain and Xul again!) the basic gameplay, the satisfying tour of Sanctuary, but nope out hard before the endgame/grind. That's where the p2w kicks in. And you, Exiles, already have an ARPG with an endgame loop to which you are faithfully addicted, no?

__

I still play For Fashion every day, if only to do daily orders and get some steel (mtx currency). I'll never tire of how good the armour and weapons look, or how satisfying it is to deflect as an assassin class and counter an incoming attack from a slow, devastating heavy. FH has had its ups and downs, but the fact that it's somehow in year 6 of service is some testament to the long term appeal of a finely-tuned fighting game masquerading as a faux-medieval melee murderfest.

Anyway, back to Ancaria.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Tyring Deus EX:HR again after ages. Think in 2011 the last time.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Lost ark. $40 in.

Bought the 19.99 box so i could get the aura for like 5months and some extra crystals

Also picked up the ark pass thing so my bard could gear up faster.

Really good game, like poe i hate playing without giving a little back.
"

I finally watched Wyatt Cheng's announcement vid of Diablo Immortal cross play/cross progression for PC. I like the guy's enthusiasm, and his owning of the 'phones' gag/meme landed well enough. I didn't know it was going to have wasd optional but it makes sense: Diablo hasn't been a point and click game since its successful transition to console, and DI uses an onscreen controller. This also keys into the one thing I found quite engaging with DI in testing: moving and aiming AOEs at the same time. It's not essential but it's an elegant enough solution for a genre that has struggled with feeling static or janky (do I move or do I act?) due to its turn-based origins.

I havent liked wyatt since d3, the guy was a moron. He actually defended having gold find as a paragon bonus when gold meant nothing. Then removed it when gold was used for boosting your rifts and stuff...

But i side with him on immortal, i dont play games on my phone but its pretty darn cool to be able to play your char on phone (little dailys or something).
Been playing Dawn of Man, a city builder/survival game set in prehistoric Europe. It's a flawed gem of a game, with lots to recommend it, but a number of instances of missed potentials, and a coupla annoying gameplay features which verge on being bugs (most glaringly, the stupid AI of your pops). Sadly, it won't ever get any better, as the developers have already stated that they are done with it, and what modding exists for the game is extremely limited because of a lack of access to the game engine.

Still, Dawn of Man can be fun, especially if you stick around in the Paleolithic/Mesolithic/Neolithic periods for a while, rather than advancing your techs. That way, it's less an urban development game, and remains more of a stone age adventure. I strongly recommend anyone curious about the game watch some gameplay online to get a feel for it, before deciding. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jun 8, 2022, 9:06:55 PM
Still loving Sacred 2. Found a fairly active forum for answers to some of its more technical angles.

Something I appreciate is how most of the player characters aren't even human. Even a decade after its humble period of popularity, that is very novel for an ARPG. I also love how the dialogue is vastly different depending on if you pick the shadow or light path. The Shadow High Elf thanking her victims for the experience points gets me ever time. ^_^

---

140 hours into the classic visual novel Umineko and barely halfway. Maybe I should have googled its word count before committing.

---

I am praying so hard that Capcom reveal Dragons Dogma 2 next week. And please dont be a shitty game as service. Please!
I wrote another book. It's better than the first one, and those who liked the first so far agree. Can't really ask for much more than that.
Last edited by wjameschan on Jun 9, 2022, 12:16:27 AM
Im actually having a good time with marvel vs capcom infinite(but i can clearly see why the hate on the game, dantes face is horrendous to look at for starters)
Update:
Finished Deus Ex HR Director's Cut two times. Really like it as back then.
Sadly the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement is glitched, so another try.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info