Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
FlamingVoodoo wrote:
The majority of players (me too) want harvest merchanic to stay as it is right now.

But i understand that there are a few major problemns:
1. the tft discord harvest trade thing is annoying.
2. the market is flooded with "too powerful" items
3. top tier items are too easy achivable

From my perspective there are better ways to solve the problems than to nerf the whole harvest crafting. We can keep targetable remove/adds and go around all of the above problems with:

- harvest touched items are from there on account-bound and not tradeable any more (targets problem 1 and 2)
- let harvest crafts can be itemised like beast-crafting and tradeable (targets problem 1 with tft). If there are concerns that this would lead again to overpowered items that are too easy to get, then leave this out. From my part it would be fine to have no harvest trade at all. Grind the crafts yourself, use it yourself to improve - that is a goal i can follow
- and let us save more crafts on the hortistation.
i feel forced to sell rare crafts if hortistation is full and if i cant use them on my currenct gear. deleting the stuff feels bad

Totally agree with this. I think making both the crafts and the harvest-touched items themselves non-tradeable would be perfect.

I'd much rather have MY crafts that are well less than perfect, but have a history, and fit my gear & build, than feel like I need to buy and sell my harvest crafts on discord because it's 'the best way to get better items & currency'. I'm only commenting because they were finally on to something with a game I love, and rather than build on what's good, and fix what's broken, they've opted to not solve the problem, and kill the fun part.

It's baffling to see this solution which acknowledges the problem, but just throws the baby out with the bathwater while not actually solving the Discord problem, and at the same time giving me the middle finger by telling me to go close my eyes and enjoy bricking my items with an exalt instead. That above all was the concerning part and made me worry that they don't understand what actually makes the game fun.
Last edited by city_ofthemoon on Mar 11, 2021, 10:59:44 AM
Game is popular and player base is still high even at this point in the league. It would be nearly impossible to ruin this!

GGG: Hold my beer
1. Add influenced mods to crafting bench. (recipe obtainable from boss fight, 5-10EX craft?)
2. Make 90% of current Jun crafts baseline available
3. Add rare modifiers to Jun discovery (+2 socketed gems, etc..)
4. remove multicraft mod
5. allow for 1 crafted prefix and 1 crafted suffix on items
6. remove harvest from the game
7. remove fractured delirium map cloning from the game
8. make HH cap at 20 stacks

well that Nerf to Influence rolling is a Massive nerf ...
I am your Devine one Bow before me
I'm not even a casual player, I probably played upwards of 200h this league.

That being said, I had like a handful of good crafts via Harvest in that time. I heavily disagree with GGG's stance, that this circumstance is breaking the game (or even negatively influence player experience).

I had fun, it felt like that I myself could influence my own gear instead of buying it. Even just the prospect of it was nice. I'm not a top tier crafter or player. I often don't have the currency to just buy the stuff I want. What am I to do in the future, GGG?

Well, fun gone. Probably me as well, atleast for the next league.
"
The chance of encountering a portal to the Sacred Grove in a map has been increased by 60%

The chance of stepping into a pile of dogshit on your floor has been increased by 60%
PoE4life
A lot of times I say I am skipping a league after the Path of Nerfs patch notes every league. This time, if these changes go through, I am skipping the league. Hell I may never play again. Just make Harvest crafting bind the item to your account. Allowing the people who don't want to abuse it to continue to use it, and sticking your middle finger up at the 1% who are abusing Harvest via TFT.

I do hope that many others skip the next league as they are saying they are. I can't support such trash changes because they think players love using all their currency making a somewhat decent item, slamming an ex on it and getting a garbage roll and forced to start over. This change shows how out of touch with their player base GGG is.
"
Troezen711 wrote:
Game is popular and player base is still high even at this point in the league. It would be nearly impossible to ruin this!

GGG: Hold my beer

this says it all
I am your Devine one Bow before me
Been playing since 2013. Off and on.

This league was by far the most enjoyable...and many others can agree.

So why ruin build-enabling customization for us "filthy casuals?"

Harvest allowed us to use off-meta, or less unique-specific builds that can actually tackle end-game. Now we're forced into a group that Diablo 3 created.

In my opinion, what seperates POE from D3, is the power to customize, and now you're taking that away.
Take it back!!!

Watch this to understand how wrong you are @GGG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA
Last edited by MischievousBot on Mar 11, 2021, 10:40:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info