Blazing Salvo Archmage Golemancer 40M+ DPS Unoptimized

"
EtoVitya wrote:
"
Gameover0 wrote:
"
EtoVitya wrote:
I have tested that build, looks very interesting and quite powerful but not really for me for some reasons:
1) Too laggy (11 fps vs harbingers)
2) Too squishy for me (i have not really good connection, so some builds really unplayable for me)
But even with these problems i killed sirius guardians for few second and kill sirius a9 (die 4 times, but if you can dodge and have stable connection/pc it could be 1 death or even deathless).
Some my items not really good and im lvl 91, so it influences the final result is not a small.
Total cost ~20 ex.
Spoiler

If you decide to spend any more time on this character, I'd recommend some more armor and mana, ideally an astral plate with flat mana (crafted is fine) and the same stats you currently have. You're missing out on about 10% phys reduction, 500hp on cloak, and pool for MoM.

Outside of the lag issues, any thoughts on the build or how to improve?

Maybe something like Cloak of Defiance instead of currently body armor. It will give us:
1) 1 free point (from MoM)
2) huge flat mana
3) good mana regen (at my PoB it goes from ~377 to ~775 (im not good and building, my real regen ing 601)
Sure we will lose theoretically available on rare armor flat life, res, spell crit chance and recover mana on kill.

Little update:
1) I have tested cloak of defiance and it feels good (at least for low budget, you can buy 5 link 6 sockets for ~50-60c)
2) Based on my own experience watchers eye mod "recover mana when you use a skill" makes gameplay much more comfortable. so it totally cost to pay a little bit more then for just wrath mod (1 ex vs 3-4 ex)

Little update 2:
Uber deathless, Shaper with few death (i cant dodge), Uber Elder (5 death, same dodge problem). Damage is very good.

Cloak is really interesting, it is definitely doing a lot for the build. I went a slightly different way since I already had the crafted chest and added physical damage from hits taken as lightning damage in order to have the aegis be able to protect against big physical hits as well. The max hit taken from physical went up by around 8K. I've also switched to Brine King as stun is the only time I die.
Firstly thanks to the author - i looks for cheap boss killer based on witch for weeks.
Wanna post some new thoughts about this build. Playing on it for some days already. This build can easy kill any shaper/elder/sirius guardians, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Cortex, Sirius A9, Maven. But map clear playstyle not really for me (not about power, just about gameplay).

Here is my items now (~30ex):
Spoiler

Tree close to PoB in main post, just have (or not) some life/mana nodes.
"
Gameover0 wrote:

Cloak is really interesting, it is definitely doing a lot for the build. I went a slightly different way since I already had the crafted chest and added physical damage from hits taken as lightning damage in order to have the aegis be able to protect against big physical hits as well. The max hit taken from physical went up by around 8K. I've also switched to Brine King as stun is the only time I die.

I have played with solaris and it feel really good, but now tested brine king because me too usually die when i stuck.
"
EtoVitya wrote:
Firstly thanks to the author - i looks for cheap boss killer based on witch for weeks.
Wanna post some new thoughts about this build. Playing on it for some days already. This build can easy kill any shaper/elder/sirius guardians, Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Cortex, Sirius A9, Maven. But map clear playstyle not really for me (not about power, just about gameplay).

Here is my items now (~30ex):
Spoiler

Tree close to PoB in main post, just have (or not) some life/mana nodes.

Thanks for sharing your gear, how helpful has frost bomb been for you? Is it only for rituals with healing and maven bosses or have you found more value to it than that?
For those who are afraid of mana issues or think you need pathfinder for unlimited flask usage, I posted a video of a cortex kill without flasks.
"
Gameover0 wrote:
For those who are afraid of mana issues or think you need pathfinder for unlimited flask usage, I posted a video of a cortex kill without flasks.

lmao I watched that and though damn the damage is good, didn't even notice there wasn't flasks.

Awesome bro. How much should I be looking at to spend on this? 30ish ex?
"
Coatesy wrote:
"
Gameover0 wrote:

lmao I watched that and though damn the damage is good, didn't even notice there wasn't flasks.

I should have unequipped them all, but didn't think of it.

EtoVitya spent about 30ex, so its probably a decent estimate. If you craft the chest and belt, you should be closer to 20ex. Details for each piece of gear below.

6L Pledge of Hands seem to be harder to get than normal. I picked it up for 3ex, looks closer to 5ex at the moment.

Gloves - 10c+ for T1 mana T2 life (Can look for resists with reforge keeping prefixes)

Boots - 20c for 35 move speed and T2 Life, craft mana (I used essence of Zeal, can use reforge keeping prefixes for resists again)

Essence Worm - 3c

Ring 2 - 5c+ for T1 Life T1 Mana (reforge keeping prefixes works here too)

Crown of the Inward Eye - max roll is about 20c, enchant was 1ex when I got it, looks like its 1.5ex now

Body - 6L Shaper Astral Plate is the cheapest at 50c. Roll with lucent + pristine fossils until you have damage is taken from mana before life and flat life or flat mana. I'd recommend allocating 1ex in lucent fossils.

Shaper Stygian is a bit expensive at 40c for the base. Scour, quality (20c), then use lucent fossils again looking for mana recovery rate and flat life or flat mana, craft the other (another spot you can fix resists with reforge keeping prefixes). I used leftover fossils, but you might need/want more. There is one belt for sale at the time of this post for 2ex, the next one is 12ex. You can craft this easily for 2ex.

Atziri's Foible - 10c for a decent roll, 1ex for catalysts, 25c for a golden oil

Abyssal Jewel - 5c for T2 mana, T2 Life, can look for phasing too

Flasks - Cinderswallow 1.5ex, Bottled Faith 2ex

Large Cluster - 1ex

Medium Cluster - 80c or roll for pressure points and any notable that gives multi or crit chance

Anima Stone - 80c

Watcher's eye (Lightning Pen) - 80c

Intuitive Leap - 40c

Healthy Mind - 5c

Corrupted blood, mana, crit multi jewel - 1ex
"
Gameover0 wrote:
"
Coatesy wrote:
"
Gameover0 wrote:

I should have unequipped them all, but didn't think of it.

EtoVitya spent about 30ex, so its probably a decent estimate. If you craft the chest and belt, you should be closer to 20ex. Details for each piece of gear below.

6L Pledge of Hands seem to be harder to get than normal. I picked it up for 3ex, looks closer to 5ex at the moment.

Gloves - 10c+ for T1 mana T2 life (Can look for resists with reforge keeping prefixes)

Boots - 20c for 35 move speed and T2 Life, craft mana (I used essence of Zeal, can use reforge keeping prefixes for resists again)

Essence Worm - 3c

Ring 2 - 5c+ for T1 Life T1 Mana (reforge keeping prefixes works here too)

Crown of the Inward Eye - max roll is about 20c, enchant was 1ex when I got it, looks like its 1.5ex now

Body - 6L Shaper Astral Plate is the cheapest at 50c. Roll with lucent + pristine fossils until you have damage is taken from mana before life and flat life or flat mana. I'd recommend allocating 1ex in lucent fossils.

Shaper Stygian is a bit expensive at 40c for the base. Scour, quality (20c), then use lucent fossils again looking for mana recovery rate and flat life or flat mana, craft the other (another spot you can fix resists with reforge keeping prefixes). I used leftover fossils, but you might need/want more. There is one belt for sale at the time of this post for 2ex, the next one is 12ex. You can craft this easily for 2ex.

Atziri's Foible - 10c for a decent roll, 1ex for catalysts, 25c for a golden oil

Abyssal Jewel - 5c for T2 mana, T2 Life, can look for phasing too

Flasks - Cinderswallow 1.5ex, Bottled Faith 2ex

Large Cluster - 1ex

Medium Cluster - 80c or roll for pressure points and any notable that gives multi or crit chance

Anima Stone - 80c

Watcher's eye (Lightning Pen) - 80c

Intuitive Leap - 40c

Healthy Mind - 5c

Corrupted blood, mana, crit multi jewel - 1ex

Wow cheers for such a detailed post. Just a question, how’s the survivability?

You reckon the astral chest is better than the MoM unique chest?
"

Its close, could be a personal preference thing. Plate is for survivability, cloak is for dps. 40M dps is seriously more than we ever need. I forget to turn on RF half the time because I just don't need more damage. More detail below.

The Astral Plate is +10% phys reduction, + all res implicit, and hopefully some extra res, life, or something else useful. Cloak of Defiance is more damage because of how much mana it adds, your base eHP looks like its more, but without the phys reduction your max hit taken is going to be a lot less. I also recently added (through harvest sadly) physical damage from hits taken as lightning damage to the chest, which allows the Primal Aegis to protect against physical damage too, so thats another ~4K shield. I'm not afraid of elemental damage killing me, only phys and chaos (you could fix chaos res, but you really need to harvest to do that).
Last edited by Gameover0 on Mar 12, 2021, 11:44:04 PM
"
Gameover0 wrote:
"

Its close, could be a personal preference thing. Plate is for survivability, cloak is for dps. 40M dps is seriously more than we ever need. I forget to turn on RF half the time because I just don't need more damage. More detail below.

The Astral Plate is +10% phys reduction, + all res implicit, and hopefully some extra res, life, or something else useful. Cloak of Defiance is more damage because of how much mana it adds, your base eHP looks like its more, but without the phys reduction your max hit taken is going to be a lot less. I also recently added (through harvest sadly) physical damage from hits taken as lightning damage to the chest, which allows the Primal Aegis to protect against physical damage too, so thats another ~4K shield. I'm not afraid of elemental damage killing me, only phys and chaos (you could fix chaos res, but you really need to harvest to do that).

Awesome, sounds good. Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks dude!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info