[3.15] Indigon mana stacking Kinetic Bolt Ballista

[3.15] changes
Spoiler

all damage supports got nerfed. PoB is not updated yet to calculate the diff.
mana flasks also got nerfed as well but should be still usable but expect less sustain.
utility flasks also got hit.

[3.14] changes
Spoiler

Chain Breaker got nerfed adding rage cost to skills which gets increased by indigon making all skill unusable. So like many other builds, free rage is gone
Also it seems that Kinetic Bolt shotgunning was fixed so now Barrage support is better now instead of Greater Volly

Build Idea
Spoiler

Akane Indigon mana miner is a popular and strong build this league.
I tried to play it but mines are not for me so I tried to make something else with the same concept.
The main idea is to use Indigon increased spell damage and life recovery of flasks and then stack as much as possible flasks cluster jewels to have insane life and mana recovery while using the mana as offensive tool as well.
Also the build uses Berserk as offensive /defesive tool using lethal pride for rage generation which makes you lose rage if you hit targets.
For Akane build it was using mines so that hit always counts for the casting mine so there is no rage loss on hit
to make use of the same concept and totems came to my mind and as we already get 1 extra totem from scion-heiro so I wanted to give it shot
when it comes to totems and since the main damage is from mana ballistas has advantage over spell totems as you can get more of them
and so I don't lose on Indigon increased spell damage I decided to use a wand skill
the skill that makes most use of that is Kinetic Bolt since it has 200% spell damage multiplier
I also found it recently that kinetic bolt can shotgun, before that I was using barrage support but even if that fixed barrage still do good damage

my current setup is no way near optimized. I am a casual player with limited time and currency. I am just putting stuff together to see how the idea works with what I have at the moment

So far I was able to kill A8 Sirus and even Maven on the first try (but not deathless as I kept running into beams and miss the memory game)

Video

Pros
Spoiler

- tanky (insane regen - damage taken as mana - high dodge chance - berserk - fortify)
- high damage
- fast clear with screen wide range
- can do wide range of map mods (ele reflect is annoying but still can be done)

Cons
Spoiler

- hard to see stuff sometimes with KB * 6 totems (mtx helped a bit but still..)
you can use another wand skill but you will have to anoint "wandslinger"
- manastorm shield uses all of the mana so that can be a bit risky sometimes. but with insane mana regeneration from flasks it is mostly not a problem

Main Gear
Spoiler

and the main mvp is the medium cluster jewels with Liquid Inspiration and Distilled Perfection

PoB
Spoiler

current PoB: https://pastebin.com/wpUwtfnK
planning PoB: https://pastebin.com/HujFurU3 -> with KB shotgun you can get up to 6m dps per totem. with 6 totems you get more than 36m dps

Leveling
Spoiler

It is hard to level with this build since it requires key uniques and cluster jewels to feel good. I actually leveled this character as a miner which is strong but I didn't like the play style

If starting with it and don't like mines as well. I recommend starting as Explosive arrow or Elemental hit ballista build until you can farm currency/uniques to switch to the mana version. if you find a quillrain bow it will carry you to maps

I made theoretical tree and leveling gear that helps if you found them in leveling.
https://pastebin.com/fb71RNQS

Also Poor_Exile leveled with this build you can also check his comment on how the did it.
Last edited by ebadr on Jul 23, 2021, 3:41:40 AM
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2021, 6:40:29 AM
Would love to see progress/videos.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Would love to see progress/videos.

just added some videos to show the game play :)
Going to try this for some end league fun, cheers.
"
Going to try this for some end league fun, cheers.

cheers. I hope you enjoy it
Mate, this is the most fun build I have tried this league, and I have tried around 10 different builds.
THANK YOU for sharing it.

If you made the guide more detailed I'm sure there will be way more interest.

Is cheap - I have spent max 5ex on it (3 for 6L armor) and the clear is amazing.
Leveled with the skill from lvl1, with ballista's from lvl8 and is sooo easy.
I can recommend using micro distillery belt
- this one is 20c ,
so with Quartz flask on (100% of the time) I'm 75% attack dodge and 66% spell dodge :).
Started T16 maps when was lvl83
The timing is also very important as you deal most damage after you activate arcane cloak or use a spell (berserk).

Making some tests currently with different configurations, if I find something interesting will write here.

Cheers.

Poor_Exile
Last edited by Poor_Exile on Mar 22, 2021, 10:42:04 AM
"
Poor_Exile wrote:
Mate, this is the most fun build I have tried this league, and I have tried around 10 different builds.
THANK YOU for sharing it.

If you made the guide more detailed I'm sure there will be way more interest.

Is cheap - I have spent max 5ex on it (3 for 6L armor) and the clear is amazing.
Leveled with the skill from lvl1, with ballista's from lvl8 and is sooo easy.
I can recommend using micro distillery belt
- this one is 20c

Thanks m8. really glade you enjoyed it
the cost will keep raising if you invest more into cluster jewels but you can always start with cheaper versions

for the belt having 20% flask effect is nice but you lose a flask slot which you can use for defensive/offensive flask but definitely could be a good option when starting and don't have enough flask effect from clusters
a belt with increased mana recovery rate will give you a more multiplayer for mana regen which is our main resource

my setup is not optimized as I mentioned I am a causal player so feel free to post any improvements or different setups.
Thanks for the reply :)

Want to share some experience:
Yesterday decided to try respecting the Agnostic, didn't noticed any difference as our mana regen is coming from flasks and Indigon is doing very similar job (and 1k ES is always good)
Did Elder guardians, Elder, Shaper guardians T15/16, Uber Atziry.

I'm only dying due to the fact that when placing totems I start running around like headless chicken and going to wrong places like Atziry's flameblasts :)

I'm using currently the following jewels:
one big with Scintillating Idea
3 medium with
3x Distilled Perfection
1x Spiked Concoction
1x Liquid Inspiration
1x Brewed for Potency (still crafting Liquid Inspiration)

3 small with Liquid Inspiration
And I thing is enough :)
2.6k life and 7.3k mana.
Also thinking to spend 3 points to take Wind Dancer (I was using Jade flask for some time but with 75% dodge I prefer Quicksilver)

For flasks I'm using:

should craft the quicksilver for shock immunity.
and I really prefer 4 flasks as is easy to activate (no Dying Sun even :))

Cheers.
Poor_Exile
Hey m8

actually I didn't try without Agnostic but I agree it may very well be unnecessary but I mostly took Akene tree and changed mines damage nodes to totems nodes :)

For wind dancer and shock removal flask that depends on how much defenses do you need I don't have neither and when I die I usually die to spells and beams on bosses so not sure if wind dancer will help there but only you can decide that

if you want more offensive option you can bench craft crit chance if you have the vailed craft unlocked from Katarina Cinderswallow

btw I took a look at your character and noticed you are using phantasmal ballista gem, how is the returning projectiles is working for you?
Just bought it for try, is returning 1 or two projectiles only, but is ok :)

Poor_Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info