Is it just me or has PoE gotten super boring lately?

Humm maybe Ill try the sandpaper technique next time, for research porpose ofcorse.
The watchstone grind is just a big long bore... It generally kills my interest in playing once I reach awakening 4 at most...
I have a reputaion of being Negative Nancy here, but I think this is one of the better season.

Not fan of moving the ball thing in Atlas (Think this was added a few season ago, & I came back after a year absent) but the atlas passive tree is pretty cool, allow you to do mechanic you prefer over other.

The league mechanic is simple (nothing fancy) & somewhat decent, allowing you to get gears & currency that you may not normally get from simple mapping, like goddess & enchanted items to name a few.

I think however the end game is also super grindy, & this is not just this league thingy but PoE over time.

An example, you used to be just level gem to 20, maybe 21 via corrupt. Now there is a new class awaken support, & add another layer of grind.

Another is required you to beat the same big bosses multiple times.

I am old enough to remember you just need to beat the map until T16, beat all 4 guardians, take the fragment, then try to beat Shaper.
NBothing overly fancy or complicated about Atlas, well except the sectant blocking thingy which I am happy they got rid of.

I am not convince the game need more grind, if anything, I think the game need less grind.
There is so much shit to do and not enough time to do it.

I want to farm fatty to give me a mirror, but no I want to farm harbs to give me raw currency, but wait no I want to run zone that buffs harvest, and wait no I want to load up on rare beasts because I have like 200+ Einhar missions.

I mean I feel like it's the complete opposite. Delve was like the thing to do and now that they give you specialized nodes I didn't pick any of them up or ventured into the mine because of all the other options and specialized atlas zones.

In the middle of all that I squeeze in a metamorph or 3 or a heist. Conqueror spawned? Heck now I need to proc them quick for any of their exalt drops or take advantage of their mob density so I need to double down on just those zones and nothing else.

Yeah I mean it's pretty insane. I don't think it's boring at all as the choice of content has never been higher. Ironically it is perhaps that you can get burned out faster from all of the new options.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Mar 3, 2021, 9:43:28 AM
Honestly I am just tired of the power creep specifically the creep we got from delirium.

I really really hate cluster jewels and how the completely throw away any semblance of passive balance

I can enjoy all the content all I want.

But it annoys me so much to know that the power i am getting per passive is gated by several hundred exa in cluster jewel investment.

I miss the days where if someone wanted to try someone else build they could just follow a tree and work to get the gear.

I miss the days where passive efficiency had more than one answer.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 3, 2021, 1:45:28 PM
Its just you bro.

I was gone and came back from Betrayal and damn I love everything they added.

Harvest and ritual are amazing. Atlas is amazing. Just all around more content now than ever before.

If you're bored go and take a break!

I've had bad leagues before. I know what it's like.
"
kiadaw wrote:

I am old enough to remember you just need to beat the map until T16, beat all 4 guardians, take the fragment, then try to beat Shaper.
NBothing overly fancy or complicated about Atlas, well except the sectant blocking thingy which I am happy they got rid of.

I am not convince the game need more grind, if anything, I think the game need less grind.

Lmao so less content = less boredom?

Dude I would run away from that terrible endgame when your only thing to look forward to is shaper.
Last edited by kto9 on Mar 3, 2021, 2:31:25 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
several hundred exa in cluster jewel investment.

lol what?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Just you in this case. Best season in a year at least. So much stuff to do. All this time went in a flash for me at least.

"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
several hundred exa in cluster jewel investment.

lol what?

He is having wet dreams about Voices probably. Need to watch fewer videos made by a group of full-time PoE players who collectively farm gear.
I eat cats for breakfast.
I cant stop play this has to be one of the best patches in the game ever.
Cannot confirm or agree to topic.
Having a blast in 3.13 best patch in history to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info