Is it just me or has PoE gotten super boring lately?

Past couple seasons there's been no real content added (Door League.. much bug, not so much content, really unimaginative)

Campaign is still excruciatingly long and unavoidable, so leveling alts is like masturbating with sandpaper

This season was even less imaginative, it's so boring and lootless that instead of playing for 8hrs straight I can't sit through 2 maps.

Unless the next season is PoE2 S1, I can't see much changing with how little creativity has been put into the game recently
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2021, 1:54:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't think it's boring necessarily, especially when you're min maxing or developing a new build, but the bugs and crashes are definitely unacceptable right now. If they don't fix it I'll be jumping D2 remastered probably.
You probably just need a break from the game, that's how I was feeling the past couple of leagues, didn't push beyond 12 challenges. Didn't want to grind out watchstones again, filling in the atlas for the 40th time didn't feel meaningful.

The Atlas passives opened up a bunch of interesting ways to farm, gave us the ability to buff up and specialize in the league mechanics we enjoy the most personally. Harvest made acquiring endgame gear through crafting more accessible without requiring massive amounts of currency for meta crafting.

The Maven is probably one of the best designed fights since Uber Elder.

Broke me out of a rut, and I hit 40/40 and leveled my first 100 character this league.

There will be a new campaign to play through in PoE 2, in the meantime, its only like 6-12 hours, when you could easily dump 100 or more into a character during the league, if not much more depending on ones play schedule.

While Ritual was a simple league, it did give you a way to speed up access to other league content, with breach/legion splinters, rogue markers, etc.

Alternatively, it might be time to try a new build? Finding a decent build guide can do a lot to help make the story section quick and smooth, as well as easier progression through the endgame.
I think it's you. There is more to do than ever. More drops than ever and end game is more complete than ever. And most tellingly, more played this league than ever. One can make argument it's too good and makes players tap out earlier. But thats the 1%ers which we are not part of. I have not been a 1%er since breach last least of 36...

You maybe just tired of game? Happens. I took like a year off metamorph till this league. Worked well. I'll play whole 3 months casually 4-5 hrs on weekends and break again. Games do get old after 8 years. I certainly have no sense of urgency like I used to and couldn't put it down. That's for the new guys.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 2, 2021, 1:51:52 AM
I'd say it's you, too. The Echoes of the Atlas expansion brought on a boatload of new content to explore, and we got Harvest back (albeit in a very crippled form). So yeah, I can't see a lack of creativity.

I do agree with the "too many bugs" comment, though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Quite the contrary. It's you.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Honestly, that'll just happen from time to time. In time we all eventually realize its the getting rich part that's fun... not the being rich part.
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I'd say it's you, too. The Echoes of the Atlas expansion brought on a boatload of new content to explore, and we got Harvest back (albeit in a very crippled form). So yeah, I can't see a lack of creativity.

I do agree with the "too many bugs" comment, though.

I'm totally pro-Harvest, but I suggest you temper your love for it next league. Given how many streamers complain that poor people are circumventing trade (as well they should be), either Harvest is going to get nerfed (somehow) next league, or Zana/Paths Not Taken passive/her watchstones are gonna get squished.

The fear of it has kinda made me avoid Harvest for most of the league. I don't wanna get attached to something that's gonna up and die on me next month.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 2, 2021, 1:40:41 PM
I'm as poor as you can get. I play SSF so by definition my items have no value in a market. I hate harvest. Forces you to play all hamlet all the time and no sense of wow or discovery on rare drops. In fact I used neversink uber strict to hide most. Game was already too deterministic with Jun...OG masters were fine. Harvest takes it to a whole nother level. Too OP..
Git R Dun!
Bit of both really. It's the game in the sense that they've removed a whole lot of the "want" from PoE by giving it to the players. It's you because you didn't have the self-control to reject their changes.

If you want some of the old feeling back, play the game SSF. It's still fun, and less boring to a great degree. It's frustrating at times... but that's a sign that the game still has "want" to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info