Do you really enjoy 1 shot mechanics? Im pretty much done with POE!

"
Jpzx6r wrote:

I don’t expect everyone to feel the same! If people have 10k to spend on godly gaming rig, all the power to them, but one of the things that made WOW incredibly successful and attain the highest number of players in the history of gaming at its peak was the fact the game was playable by the masses, not by just select few players!

You don't need to spend 10k on a machine. As I stated above, you don't even need to spend 1.5k on a machine. I'm almost tempted to go back to my build list for my current PC and see how much it cost in total just to totally debunk that.

It has more to do with the configuration of your machine once you reach a certain performance spec. If I recall, AMD does not do well with the game. No idea if that is still the case, but I've been using Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs for my last 4 PCs with little issue with the game. I definitely don't have top shelf components either.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 TI

SSDs have been a necessity since Ambush league, and really they're so well priced now, they're almost a necessity in general for quality of life.

All that being said, it looks like you're a console player. I have no doubt they made a lot of money with the console port, but I still think it was a mistake. Consoles will never be able to perform as a PC does since they're commoditized for mass sales at a comparatively low price point and GGG has never been great at optimizing their game.
Last edited by Nubatron on Feb 28, 2021, 5:39:08 PM
The performance got worst every league.

I just got a 6800XT & only running at 1080p (4k monitor coming soon), & I can get a fps drop when there are many mobs.

This game runs awfully on SATA harddisk (my old PC). Other games run fine without SSD.

This game still looks like it came out in the early 2010s but runs harder than many modern AAA games, & Battle royales.

The exp loss on death made the situation even worst.

I cannot imagine what happens when PoE 2 hit. I heard it was still the same engine, just modified.
ah yes console is a shit show this league 9 out of 10 of my deaths is caused by the game turning into a slide slow conveniently when a lightening mirage happens to be lurking around..
"
kolo9222 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Which one shot mechanics? the big telegraphed ones that you just stand there and take to the face, the big telegraphed ones that have other modifiers applied that you are too slow to deal with and to full of yourself to realize that it may be a problem?

Or the one shots that are not one shots but 20 shots in a seconds because again you are too full of yourself to realize that jumping into the midst of 100 monsters might be a fucking bad idea.

Man, i guess you are all missing a point in which he said that this game has, and I stand behind him regarding that, the worse performance and optimization for...well normal budget PC's (when I say normal budget, i mean arround 1.5K euros/dollars worth of specs).

Everything drops frames, and Im running a ryzen 5 3600x with 5700xt, 2x8gb ram 3600hz kingston xyperx furry dual channel.

After all, this game is ment to be played by regullar folk, not just top streamers that can afford freaking origin PC's that cost somewhere arround 7-20K euros/dollars...

Don't bash on the man because the game stutters, he has a point. I cant go into fully juiced maps without duying at least once, and I have a HH BV build, that is supposed to be tanky and big dick dmg.

Yup... I die to rubberbanding.

I die to apparently being right next to a mob that isn't close to me on my screen because I dashed + leap slam to clear more distance at a faster rate, but predictive networking is so GOOD that it decided to deny my request to blink away from enemies and punish me with unforeseen death.

I'll tell you this, if my performance is stable enough, even with the barely 2400 hp I have, I can do A8 Sirus without dying, and I've done it many times. But the moment this game's performance plummets, I'm easily dead.

That's not an indication that I'm a bad player or that my build is bad.

Personally, I think having 4-8k EHP for a build or using a logout macro, both in order to avoid death during bad performance, are two things that should disqualify a player from claiming in any way that they have skill or that this game's performance is balanced and optimized.

My point is this. Are there some bullsh**t mechanics in this game? F**k yeah.

But what bothers me more than that is that the true end-game boss is my PC performance being assaulted by this terrible game.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Jpzx6r wrote:

I don’t expect everyone to feel the same! If people have 10k to spend on godly gaming rig, all the power to them, but one of the things that made WOW incredibly successful and attain the highest number of players in the history of gaming at its peak was the fact the game was playable by the masses, not by just select few players!

You don't need to spend 10k on a machine. As I stated above, you don't even need to spend 1.5k on a machine. I'm almost tempted to go back to my build list for my current PC and see how much it cost in total just to totally debunk that.

It has more to do with the configuration of your machine once you reach a certain performance spec. If I recall, AMD does not do well with the game. No idea if that is still the case, but I've been using Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs for my last 4 PCs with little issue with the game. I definitely don't have top shelf components either.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 TI

SSDs have been a necessity since Ambush league, and really they're so well priced now, they're almost a necessity in general for quality of life.

All that being said, it looks like you're a console player. I have no doubt they made a lot of money with the console port, but I still think it was a mistake. Consoles will never be able to perform as a PC does since they're commoditized for mass sales at a comparatively low price point and GGG has never been great at optimizing their game.

wow can still run fine on computer specs over a decade old. That's his point. The game is so optimized that it can run on essentially anything.

Your specs are only 2-3 years old at most. Poe better be able to run on that.

Also the $10k mention was an obvious hyperbole. There is no commercial core component hardware setup that costs that much.
Shockingly, after I upgrade to to my new OC with SSD, the log in issues (Europe) have so far gone or minimised.

This game is unstable running non-SSD. If this is a next gen game, I can understand, but the requirements of this game get exponantially higher but the goarhics doesn't improve as same pace. I mean the chracters still looks like from PS2, or PS3 if I am generous with helmet hair.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info