Do you really enjoy 1 shot mechanics? Im pretty much done with POE!

Are you a famous influencer? Are you a Chinese player? Are you a Tencent executive?

If you answer No to every of these, then Christ & GGG do not care.

Pople has been saying this for years, but it fell to death's ears.

The only thing that matters are the people I mentioned, & vote with your wallet.

When the playbase started leaving, that's when they will "care".

Enjoy your post being swamped by GGG volunteered 5cent army.
First off, you're not supposed to enjoy dying. It's punishment for a mistake you've made; performance issues aside.

Many one-shot deaths are avoidable though, whether it be telegraphed attacks that you should have dodged, bad build decisions that turn normal things into one-shots, or running maps with mods that overwhelm your specific build.

The game was designed to kill you though. It's not a question of if, but when. There is some combination of mods out there that will likely make it through your damage avoidance, overwhelm your damage mitigation and be higher than your life/ES pool.

There is a reason why the one-shots are in the game, some of which I disagree with (mainly the ability to log out to avoid deaths). Without one-shots, some builds would be able to log out before they die.

I think they need to stick to a formula for one-shots though. There should be proper warning and it should be avoidable under normal circumstances. A few examples where they did this right was showing map mods before you open the map, the Oversoul's big slam (which isn't really a one-shot anymore), and Oba's warnings in the map. Bottom line is that you shouldn't be confused about why you just died instantly.

That does not include leap slamming into a pack of 50 monsters and dying. That's not a one-shot. That's like a 50-shot and you made a bad decision; or at least took a risk and it did not pay off.

And finally, they need to get rid of the log out to avoid deaths. Then they can feel less compelled to create them and be more creative with how they kill players.

Game performance issues are a separate topic for sure. I don't personally have issues and my PC did not cost more than $1,500 to build (a dollar figure referenced above as a normal PC cost). GGG could clearly do more to optimize their game; though they've definitely improved something because my fans used to run non-stop to keep my PC cool and now they barely run at all.

Last edited by Nubatron on Feb 28, 2021, 8:10:32 AM
@OP one thing that's easy to misunderstand in this game is how to measure progress. Progress should NOT be measured by levels after a certain point - at 94, you're actually good and shouldn't need any more.

Instead, progress should be measured by currency and gear. Farm content that will give you a lot of that (use atlas skill tree, sextants, scarabs, del orbs, etc. to juice your chiseled/alched maps - it always pays off over time despite the investment). Stop caring about deaths and you'll enjoy the game much more.

All that being said, I completely agree that there are too many oneshot mechanics with poor telegraphing, especially in visually crowded maps, and I often have lag or other performance issues myself even with otherwise fast internet.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Feb 28, 2021, 11:00:47 AM
"
demon9675 wrote:
@OP one thing that's easy to misunderstand in this game is how to measure progress. Progress should NOT be measured by levels after a certain point - at 94, you're actually good and shouldn't need any more.

Instead, progress should be measured by currency and gear. Farm content that will give you a lot of that (use atlas skill tree, sextants, scarabs, del orbs, etc. to juice your chiseled/alched maps - it always pays off over time despite the investment). Stop caring about deaths and you'll enjoy the game much more.

All that being said, I completely agree that there are too many oneshot mechanics with poor telegraphing, especially in visually crowded maps, and I often have lag or other performance issues myself even with otherwise fast internet.

I think this is just as misleading as saying the goal of the game is getting to level 100. This game offers a lot of potential goals and there is only one right answer: the goal that you set for yourself......whatever that may be.

If we were to distill it all down to the basics, the real goal is whatever makes the game fun for you.

Some people want to get that Mirror. There is friction to that. Adapt and overcome.

Some people want to get level 100. There is friction to that. Adapt and overcome.

Some people want to beat Uber Elder at level 35. There is definitely friction to that. Adapt and overcome.

And so on and so forth.

The only goal that shouldn't be on anyone's radar is changing the rules to suit their needs. That's a goal that will bring nothing but frustration.

So you would take god mode over one-shots correct? One shots are the only fkn way we can die in this game.
Heyheyheyhey.

What goes on in the delirium stays in the delirium.
Second-class poe gamer
Maybe don't set your profile to private and people can help you with constructive criticism on your build. That might solve some of your problems.

There is no sense in worrying or complaining about things you have no influence or ability to change. Focus on what you can change - which is your build.
Thousands of bots playing Path of Economy Simulator can't be wrong.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Force them to make the game more stable. This will improve it for everyone not only the guys who want it easy

There’s a lot of egos in this thread who are unable to understand the point of my thread! So I appreciate you and your understanding as to what my problem is! Penalizing players for dying due to errors in game play is one thing, but continuously dying to poor performance, and issues with the game itself is not rewarding at all! Having my game crash, frames drop when clicking on a strongbox, and massive desync which inevitably causes a death, is not a rewarding gaming experience that makes me want to continue playing and “donating” to the company via micros.

I don’t expect everyone to feel the same! If people have 10k to spend on godly gaming rig, all the power to them, but one of the things that made WOW incredibly successful and attain the highest number of players in the history of gaming at its peak was the fact the game was playable by the masses, not by just select few players!

I get all the egos amongst POE players, but larger player base does positively impact the economy and the gaming experience; and DOES generate more revenue for companies to reinvest in making their games better!
"
demon9675 wrote:

Who are we to dictate how someone perceives progress? The reason there is soooo much of what I consider “junk” in this game is because GGG wants to provide many different areas or goals that people can play towards without forcing you into 1 gaming experience!

Some people have the goal of getting mass amounts of currency
Some people (like me) have the goal of leveling
Some people like crafting and trading
Some people like rerolling toons to make new builds
Some people want to map
Others want to delve

The point of having all this crap in the game is to give you options. It’s not your position to tell someone what their goals should be!

My goal is to level and gear my character! If leveling is a focus for me and I’m constantly dying due to performance issues which resets my progress each night of playing, that’s not enjoyable!!
Last edited by Jpzx6r on Feb 28, 2021, 5:14:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info