Diablo II: Resurrected

Nostalgia comes with a pretty high price tag. I happily paid the price. Heh...
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Take all my money D2R

Maybe not all my money:

Where does that image come from?
I have other prices:
https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/diablo_ii_resurrected
Last edited by JimmyWoodman on Jun 15, 2021, 5:09:15 PM
"
JimmyWoodman wrote:
"
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Take all my money D2R

Maybe not all my money:

Where does that image come from?
I have other prices:
https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/diablo_ii_resurrected

My TV. Australia.

Point wasn't the prices; point was they're charging a decent chunk of change for a SPECIAL version of Diablo 2 Resurrected that includes Diablo 3 DLC. Which is fucking ridiculous given Diablo 3 was something of an abomination in the eyes of a lot of Diablo 2 fans.

It's as if they realised they couldn't flog DLC for D2R so they're trying to do it with D3 but via D2R prepurchasing.

Thus when someone says 'take all my money' (the usual hyperbole), I have to point out...maybe not all of it.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
I never played D2 and am a console pleb

guess I will try it out.

D2R launches when we will be about 2 months into the next POE league (assuming it stays on schedule). So we will be bored with the next league while it launches and there's no other games I'm interested in playing so ya, I'll probably buy it and it will be "new to me"
Australia has sales tax. And i think they have a fixed exchange rate to price the game against the floating exchange rate in real world.

Game is really really expensive when the real world exchange rate was 1:1 some time ago but the retailer / publishing company still apparently kept the old fixed rate, like US$60 AAA game was AU$90 (or may be AU$100 can't really remember the exact price)

But for D2 case this time, it is partly the base price is expensive in general.

US$ price is US$40, AU is AU$70

US$40 * 1.1 due to tax is $44, in today (2021-06-16) exchange rate is AU$57

70/57 = 1.22

edit: paypal exchange rate today (2021-06-16) is US$44 = AU$55

edit 2: i should work it backward by starting with pretax price AU$63 first and then check the exchange rate
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Jun 18, 2021, 12:33:04 AM
"

Point wasn't the prices; point was they're charging a decent chunk of change for a SPECIAL version of Diablo 2 Resurrected that includes Diablo 3 DLC. Which is fucking ridiculous given Diablo 3 was something of an abomination in the eyes of a lot of Diablo 2 fans.

It's as if they realised they couldn't flog DLC for D2R so they're trying to do it with D3 but via D2R prepurchasing.

Thus when someone says 'take all my money' (the usual hyperbole), I have to point out...maybe not all of it.

I totally agree with your point of view.

Also I hadn't thought about other currencies and exchange rates, thanks for your explanation
"

I'll be getting the standard edition. None of that D3 stuff goes in this here computer. Nope. Nuh-uh!
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
I dis out yet or what? Never played only played d3 which was awesome to me. especially oG inferno before snowflake patches, Anyways looking forwards to fucking with it.
Git R Dun!
They deserve not a single cent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Ek2AStH20
obey - consume - marry and reproduce - submit - watch t.v. - trust the internet - conform - do not question authority - sleep - buy - do not think - die

Force always attracts men of low morality. - Albert Einstein
With the current poe nerfs, d2r looks attractive.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Jul 24, 2021, 10:27:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info