[3.13] Crackling Lance Inquisitor (Instruments of Virtue/Zeal) 17 mil DPS budget up to 120 mil DPS

Hello, really cool build. Heard that people said its very bad damage, but even tried levelling with it. Not so bad experience. Felt the same damage as an arc.

Got a small question, might be stupid, but rarely craft an item.

For the sceptre, this is what I currently got.

As you can see the cold damage isn't the best. I wonder can I craft cannot roll cast mods and just harvest remove /add cold? Just making sure I don't mess anything up. Since that sceptre was expensive and pain to craft.
Oh and what would you say would be the best craft mod Trigger socket spell or double damage? I wonder whats the difference in reality. Whats is more practical.

How important is that mod spell crit on the body? Since I got one body from my self curse currently using.

And from playing around it seems like you are also using so many auras that you have little mana. But it seems like you counter that with a lot of mana regen?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Edit: Just did shaper with maven, it just deletes it lmao. This build is actually so nice. Very nice aoe and boss damage. Tho movement speed I suppose is bit tricky to get. I guess will have to try to get the elusive and tailwind boots.
Last edited by Tr3xed on Mar 15, 2021, 4:50:35 PM
Just a note for the newer / inexperienced players: Don't even think about trying this without at least 20ex budget. Even then mapping will be terrible (especially rituals are abysmal on this build). But it is very good for simple boss fights like Shaper and Breach lords, it can melt them in a few seconds.
"
Tr3xed wrote:
Hello, really cool build. Heard that people said its very bad damage, but even tried levelling with it. Not so bad experience. Felt the same damage as an arc.

Got a small question, might be stupid, but rarely craft an item.

For the sceptre, this is what I currently got.

As you can see the cold damage isn't the best. I wonder can I craft cannot roll cast mods and just harvest remove /add cold? Just making sure I don't mess anything up. Since that sceptre was expensive and pain to craft.
Oh and what would you say would be the best craft mod Trigger socket spell or double damage? I wonder whats the difference in reality. Whats is more practical.

Honestly I've grown to enjoy bladeblast+assmark+arcanist brand. It frees up the craft slot for double damage or double damage while focused. I felt the CD on trigger was kind of annoying to micro around when trying to keep up your stacks during a boss fight. Pop some brands and go is much more smooth. That being said, unnerve isnt really necessary its just fun to delete bosses a little faster Vaal RF + focus is MORE than enough.

As far as crafting is concerned yeah block caster and roll add remove cold till you hit a decent cold damage roll. might take a few tries to even get something decent, but if you have a hole in your pocket go for it! This weapon is by far the most difficult to craft. Good news is that it shouldnt really be too messed up by harvest since you can just scour a bad suffix with meta crafting and it isnt influenced. A perfect sceptre is going to be near impossible to make. Mine as it is cost me about 40ex =\.

"
Tr3xed wrote:
How important is that mod spell crit on the body? Since I got one body from my self curse currently using.

Spell crit isnt necessary at all on the body if you have an 8link helm, but it is very nice to have while mapping. If you have explode it becomes moot though since the biggest QoL from capping crit without ass mark is corpse removal.

"
Tr3xed wrote:
And from playing around it seems like you are also using so many auras that you have little mana. But it seems like you counter that with a lot of mana regen?

Ah yes this is definitely an interesting point. I have been playing around with inspiration by removing controlled destruction and it is definitely a viable option. It makes mana a complete non issue for the build. I'm going to likely use it while league starting to solve this builds mana issues.

"
Tr3xed wrote:
Edit: Just did shaper with maven, it just deletes it lmao. This build is actually so nice. Very nice aoe and boss damage. Tho movement speed I suppose is bit tricky to get. I guess will have to try to get the elusive and tailwind boots.

Yes this build is first and foremost a bossing build. It is rather clunky for map farming, but a simple swap to a skill like ethereal knives on a 6 link or blazing salvo on you 8 link can do wonders for mapping.
Last edited by CainTheEnabler on Mar 17, 2021, 11:26:32 PM
Forgive me if i'm missing something obvious, but why are you/we going with Cardinal Scepter over a Void Scepter?
Void has the 40% implict vs the 32%, and 6.2% base crit over 6%?

I'm sure the answer is obvious and I just need it pointing out to me.
Melee swing speed doesn't affect cast speed does it? and if it does is the difference worth giving up the edge that Void has?
"
Darmor88 wrote:
Forgive me if i'm missing something obvious, but why are you/we going with Cardinal Scepter over a Void Scepter?
Void has the 40% implict vs the 32%, and 6.2% base crit over 6%?

I'm sure the answer is obvious and I just need it pointing out to me.
Melee swing speed doesn't affect cast speed does it? and if it does is the difference worth giving up the edge that Void has?

Good question, It actually doesn't matter. Void is more consistent damage thanks to the tighter base rolls on added damage and a slightly increased elemental damage roll, but the top end physical roll on the carnal sceptre is much higher. All in all, I chose carnal for the higher top end, but Void is technically 0.5% MORE damage on average.
Excuse me if my question is stupid,

But why is this build non hc viable ? i did not see why.
"
akanah wrote:
Excuse me if my question is stupid,

But why is this build non hc viable ? i did not see why.

I mean you could try it on HC, but I don't feel like there are enough defensive layers on it to be a true HC build. I just don't want people to think that I intend this build to be super tanky. It really isn't. Its robust enough to level to 100, but I do not recommend it for hardcore without changing quite a few things about it.
I was struggling to get from lvl 92 to 93, partially my aggressive playstyle, so I went searching for some more tankiness & thought I'd share my results.

- Swapped Steelskin to Immortal Call
- paired with a Enduring Composure small cluster jewel to increase buff effect
- with 8 link helm my crit chance was so high I could finally drop my diamond flask & per POB use a granite flask (still needed freeze immunity)

POB https://pastebin.com/Md8x2m2B

Rotating between shields
Recover es & life shield
32M dmg | 127k ehp (Max hit) | 46K ehp (without Immortal Call) | 323 EHP on block

Light of Lunaris
41M dmg | 122k ehp (Max hit) | 43K ehp (without Immortal Call)

I went from struggling to even finish A7 Sirus to easy A8 deathless with the changes I made above (8link helm dps bump happened same time).

Any ideas for my blade blast CWDT extra 2 sockets? I just through in cold snap & knockback on a whim.

Love this build & hope it doesn't get nerfed in 3.14.
Last edited by xcarnicerox on Apr 8, 2021, 5:22:21 PM
"
xcarnicerox wrote:
I was struggling to get from lvl 92 to 93, partially my aggressive playstyle, so I went searching for some more tankiness & thought I'd share my results.

- Swapped Steelskin to Immortal Call
- paired with a Enduring Composure small cluster jewel to increase buff effect
- with 8 link helm my crit chance was so high I could finally drop my diamond flask & per POB use a granite flask (still needed freeze immunity)

POB https://pastebin.com/Md8x2m2B

Rotating between shields
Recover es & life shield
32M dmg | 127k ehp (Max hit) | 46K ehp (without Immortal Call) | 323 EHP on block

Light of Lunaris
41M dmg | 122k ehp (Max hit) | 43K ehp (without Immortal Call)

I went from struggling to even finish A7 Sirus to easy A8 deathless with the changes I made above (8link helm dps bump happened same time).

Any ideas for my blade blast CWDT extra 2 sockets? I just through in cold snap & knockback on a whim.

Love this build & hope it doesn't get nerfed in 3.14.

Bro your helmet... Disgustang I am lowkey jealous.

Spoiler
ok maybe extremely jealous =(

Your chest has no life on it though and you crit multi jewels dont have life either. that's kind of iffy. Your strength could be a little higher to take advantage of iron will more. Some of your clusters could provide better passives.

Basically higher levels will allow better cluster jewels. That and some small variance with items will get you super far.

For the blade blast honestly I only really need it to cheese insta phase bosses. I use it with arcanist brand ass mark and increased duration. I found that capping my crit chance without ass mark was great for mapping with HoI and The brand is reasonable enough to manage to keep ass mark up on bosses.

For you specifically you might have fun with moving your auras from your 6 link to your 4 link and dropping vitality and enlighten. Then you could run CoC Arc Shield Charge (or flicker for the memes) for fun, but that would just be silly and youd need more accuracy and crit chance for it to feel decent.

Here's the setup I quit the league on.

https://pastebin.com/zVNer67J
Last edited by CainTheEnabler on Apr 8, 2021, 8:03:26 PM
Excuse me, i'm trying this build on the new league, and i'm not sure how to cast Assassin's Mark without trigger socketed weapon or Assassin's Mark Ring. In the videos it seems like you're casting it when you used a skill, could you explain it for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info